TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Tattoos and Piercings (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f27-tattoos-piercings/)
-   -   I was reading an article about my tattoo idea being racist? (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f27-tattoos-piercings/t152154-i-reading-article-about-my-tattoo-idea-being-racist/)

bringmethehorizon♥ July 14th 2017 05:46 PM

I was reading an article about my tattoo idea being racist?

Firstly I just want to say I am completely against racism.

Hi everyone I am considering getting what's knowing as a blackout tattoo some people have them they are not something you see everyday. I don't really like my my sleeve so i was going to black it out as I thought it looked pretty cool.

The concern I am having is that I don't want people to beat me up or something over it. I really do like the idea and am considering but am I just worrying about nothing? I would not want to put myself in trouble.

Thank you guys.

matthewmatters July 14th 2017 10:27 PM

Re: I was reading an article about my tattoo idea being racist?

it shouldnt get attention from offended people unless its recognised as a symbol against certain people. did you read anything about people complaining?

bringmethehorizon♥ July 15th 2017 07:21 AM

Hi Matt

Not really I just don't want to walk out in the street and get beaten up haha.

Jess~ July 16th 2017 12:13 AM

all i could find about it being "racist" were links to buzzfeed and huffington post so i'd say the majority of the mentally sane population wouldn't consider it offensive in the slightest.
honestly you have to reach pretty far to make the claim that it's racist, i think if it turns out cool people will think it's more awesome and different than anything else.

there were, however, a few articles on health and safety risks posed by the blackout tattoos, so just make sure you know all the risks about whatever they're talking about.

i think it's a really cool idea. out with the old, in with the new.

bringmethehorizon♥ July 16th 2017 07:20 AM

I really want one to cover all my rubbish tattoos and I think they look so bad ass.

Jesus Christ. July 16th 2017 10:47 AM

Everything is racist these days :)

Clarent July 16th 2017 11:23 AM

^Basically.

DeletedAccount24 July 16th 2017 04:53 PM

Like Jess said, it might be more of a health issue than anything else. Definitely check into it and ask around. Maybe they can just alter the tats to your liking instead of having it be all black. In my opinion, I think that'd be ugly. Unless you don't mean that and just blacking out the bits you don't like. Still looks bad, which is why I suggest looking at ways to alter the tattoos to your liking.