TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Tattoos and Piercings (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f27-tattoos-piercings/)
-   -   good spot for a tattoo in the business/teaching world?? (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f27-tattoos-piercings/t16114-good-spot-tattoo-business-teaching-world/)

lvpeyton June 1st 2009 06:31 PM

good spot for a tattoo in the business/teaching world??

so i have really wanted a tattoo, especially now that i saw my friends, but i am planning on being in the business/teaching profession. i want one where it isn't visible in those environments. i always wanted one on my wrist or behind my ear, but i those are clearly very visible spots.. so where is a good spot for a girl?

i_am_me_again June 1st 2009 06:57 PM

Re: good spot for a tattoo in the business/teaching world??

Shoulder blades are pretty good, or back. Thats where I have mine & you cant see them unless I wear tops that purposley show it off.

Thurineth June 1st 2009 07:07 PM

You aren't meant to have tattoos below the cuff or above the neck, when in a profession like that, so that's just some background info.

As Jaymi sugessted your shoulder blades or back, but the hip is a nice place too depending how big you want your tattoo!

*Faith* June 1st 2009 07:54 PM

Your back are as someone suggested or your ankle if you don't wear a lot of skirts?

losing touch. June 1st 2009 09:36 PM

hate to state the obvious, but anywhere that won't be seen? pretty big choice really, shoulder blade, back, ribs, hip, upper arm if you don't wear sleevless stuff. and yeah ankle if you're willing to keep that covered, which you could quite easily.

jellyfish June 1st 2009 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxEllexx (Post 155212)
hate to state the obvious, but anywhere that won't be seen? pretty big choice really, shoulder blade, back, ribs, hip, upper arm if you don't wear sleevless stuff. and yeah ankle if you're willing to keep that covered, which you could quite easily.

Yeah, I'll state the obvious too...
Although behind the ear isnt so bad, as long as its quite small, and you have hair enough to cover it.

Gaia June 2nd 2009 08:36 AM

Behind the ear only works if you keep your hair down all the time, so it is possible. Tattoos are more about the meaning, rather than the place, in my opinion, so put it somewhere you can't see.

:hehe: June 8th 2009 09:45 AM

Behind the ear isn't too terribly bad, I have a friend who got a butterfly behind her ear, and I didn't even notice it until I got up close to give her a hug. Other less obvious places would be your ankle, or anywhere along your leg if you don't wear a lot of shorts, or short skirts, or the back of your neck if you have long enough, and enough hair to cover it, and you don't like wearing your hair up. Your back and shoulder blades are good spots, too. I have mine on my ankle and my shoulder blade, because I wanted them to be hidable. Good luck! :)

kimvia June 13th 2009 06:41 AM

I'm going to be a teacher, so I got my tattoo really (REALLY) low between my hip bone and the mons area. Also, one of my favorite teachers in high school had one really low on her back, but obviously we found out about it, so that may not be the best place :)