TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Tattoos and Piercings This forum is to ask questions and discuss tattoos, piercings and other aesthetic body modifications.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b

Name: Makenzie

Points: 9,895, Level: 14 Points: 9,895, Level: 14 Points: 9,895, Level: 14

Lightbulb Changed my mind about a tattoo.. HHHEEELLLLPPPP!! - September 26th 2009, 03:28 PM

Some of you may have seen my previous post about the tattoo I wanted. I've been looking at hand tattoos on my friends and for some reason, I feel I'm too small to get that detailed of a tattoo of hands on my shoulder and it be small enough. This was my original idea. But the more I thought about it, I really dont feel it would look right on my small shouders, plus my mom said in order to be able to get it.. it has to be small. So I finally ruled against this idea.

So, my next idea was angel wings with a halo above them & possibly a heart between them. A friend of mine has wings and a halo with our friends initials below them. I love hers but I'd have to find different ones obviously. I'd like to put Daddys Little Girl above it, HMG below it. If that would be too crowded, then just HMG below/above it. So here are the ones I've found so far;

one of my favorites ^

different wings on this one^

another favorite ^

minus all the stitches & stuff, but that might be too big ^

i do like that one minus the initials ^

Give me as much advice as possible

Last edited by daddys_lilsoldier; September 26th 2009 at 04:12 PM.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
s_tor_m Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Tor

Points: 13,222, Level: 16 Points: 13,222, Level: 16 Points: 13,222, Level: 16

Re: Changed my mind about a tattoo. - September 26th 2009, 07:38 PM

I really like the first one, the wings in that one look really cool. But it seems like you like the wings stretched out so maybe that style but not closed?

Also, just curious, what does HMG stand for?

"Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional."

There is a world of difference
between refusal and failure.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Magic. Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Poppy

Points: 18,934, Level: 19 Points: 18,934, Level: 19 Points: 18,934, Level: 19

Re: Changed my mind about a tattoo. - September 26th 2009, 08:19 PM

I like the first one best to be honest It's lovely.

You can't move mountains by whispering at them.

Take a look at my art here:
http://attemptedart.tumblr.com/
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
amystery Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Becca

Points: 13,188, Level: 16 Points: 13,188, Level: 16 Points: 13,188, Level: 16

Re: Changed my mind about a tattoo. - September 26th 2009, 11:53 PM

I personally really like the first picture .

If it was me I'd want the wings a little more opened but that's my personal opinion I think it looks pretty cool though. You'll have to post when you decide what you're doing and get it done
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Algernon Offline
CPT-1 Phlebotomist
Outside, huh?

Name: Holly

Points: 39,834, Level: 28 Points: 39,834, Level: 28 Points: 39,834, Level: 28

Re: Changed my mind about a tattoo. - September 27th 2009, 12:18 AM

I don't like the new idea... I've seen it too many times. But It's your tattoo.

Geek? Nerd? More like intellectual badass.

"You ran through Africa, and Asia, and Indonesia.. And now I've found you, and I love you. I want to know your name."
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b

Re: Changed my mind about a tattoo. - September 27th 2009, 05:07 PM

s_tor_m - I like the first one too & yeah, I think it'd look better a little stretched out but I'm not 100% sure. HMG is Hugh Michael Guthrie, my dads initials.

magiciansasssistant - Me too. But its between that one, the 3rd, and the last one. My mom (who has to sign for it) likes the last one the most though.

amystery - I think I do want a little more spread out wings as well, and again I do like the first picture but I'm unsure between the 3 choices I said in the reply above.

xHolyValorx - I know its common, but I do like the halo & wings bc I looove angel wing things, but I feel like the hands thing will have to be too detailed to be on my shoulder blade, plus it has to be small so I dont want it to look distorted. Plus I feel like its more of a masculine tattoo than a 16yr old female.

Does anyone think that "daddys little girl" above & my fathers initials below will be too much? I feel like it might be.
My bestfriend just mentioned getting the last tattoo, but putting a heart between the wings & putting his initials in it, what do you all think?

Last edited by daddys_lilsoldier; September 27th 2009 at 05:13 PM.
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
s_tor_m Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Tor

Points: 13,222, Level: 16 Points: 13,222, Level: 16 Points: 13,222, Level: 16

Re: Changed my mind about a tattoo. - September 28th 2009, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddys_lilsoldier View Post
Does anyone think that "daddys little girl" above & my fathers initials below will be too much? I feel like it might be.
My bestfriend just mentioned getting the last tattoo, but putting a heart between the wings & putting his initials in it, what do you all think?
I don't think that would be too much, if the letters are small. Of course you could always draw your design and then write "daddy's little girl" on top and see how you like it. It's hard to see what it will look like in your head but if you actually see it on paper it should give you a better idea.

I think the reason most of us said we liked the first one is because the wings look more realistic, compared to the others that look more cartoonish, ya know? I could be wrong but that's why I liked the first one

"Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional."

There is a world of difference
between refusal and failure.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b

Re: Changed my mind about a tattoo. - September 29th 2009, 03:45 AM

Yeah I guess you're right about the writing, eh.. I dont know haha.
I'll probably ask the tattoo artist what his opinions are.

Yeah, I do like the 1st one but I'm not sure how the wings would look. But I'm glad my friend came up with the idea to put the heart between the last one though, I really like it

Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.
rest in peace daddy,
i love you & miss you so much.

taken.

It doesn't matter if the guy is perfect or the girl is perfect, as long as they are perfect for each other.
[tattooed girls do it better]
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
Fishie Offline
Time of My Life
Average Joe

Name: April

Points: 10,315, Level: 14 Points: 10,315, Level: 14 Points: 10,315, Level: 14

Re: Changed my mind about a tattoo. - September 30th 2009, 01:34 AM

I love the entire idea and concept. The intials will make it your own, and the design for the first one is my favorite because its as if the wings are holding the heart, sorta like hands how you wanted before. But maybe that's just the way i see it. But I do love it. The first one definately is my favorite and its up to you but I think in between the shoulder blades would be nice and the design about a medium size like 2 inches by 2 inches or so, but its your body and your choice, just giving my own opinion. As for the Daddy's little girl, I think it wouldn't be to much, if you had it curve around the top then have your dad's initials under the heart, that would be nice. You also have the option of getting the tattoo then adding the Daddy's little girl to it later, or play around with the idea. Best of luck to you!
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b

Re: Changed my mind about a tattoo. - September 30th 2009, 07:39 PM

Now that you said something about the wings holding the head, I definitely see that now! Love it! I think the main reason I like the last one so much is because it is drawn out and in color instead of just a drawing. I thought about between the shoulder blades but I decided to get it on my left shoulder blade (I'm left-handed and my the heart is on the left side and my dad will forever be in my heart). Yeah I don't want it huge so it covers my entire shoulder; but I don't want it itty bitty so people have to squint to see it haha. Still unsure about the daddys little girl thing, I figured I'd ask the tattoo artist for his opinion. I definitely hope it isn't too much though.

Another question (apparently, I'm full of them haha), does a light blue or neonish blue suit everyones opinion for the coloring? Or do you think I should leave it uncolored?

Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.
rest in peace daddy,

taken.

It doesn't matter if the guy is perfect or the girl is perfect, as long as they are perfect for each other.
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
Fishie Offline
Time of My Life
Average Joe

Re: Changed my mind about a tattoo. - October 1st 2009, 01:22 AM

All you're questions are very good anyways about the blueish color. I think that it suits everyone. I have both a light blue, its like a mix between baby blue and a light teal then there a darker blue, maybe a dark neon i would call it, no a bold neon blue. If I wasn't lazy at the moment I'd post a picture maybe I'll do that tomorrow. But anyways I think a blue would look nice. And I know what you mean about not wanting it gigantic but not tiny. I was like that to only the design I wanted had to be big and I was a little afraid but only takes up one whole shoulder lol. And thats a wonderful way to have that one your left side since that's where the heart is located. This tattoo is going to look great. Plus once you meet with an artist I find the creative juices just keep coming and they'll be able to help you out and give you any ideas or sugguestions. If you have any more questions feel free to ask.
  (#12 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b

Re: Changed my mind about a tattoo. - October 1st 2009, 08:13 PM

Thanks. And yeah, thats what I thought about the coloring. Plus black & blue are my favorite colors . But are you sure coloring the wings & the heart wont clash?

Yeahhh, thats what my brother said too. He said the tattoo artist has seen more tattoos and done more than I have so they'll be able to help.

rest in peace daddy,

taken.

(#13 (permalink)) Old
Fishie Offline
Time of My Life
Average Joe

Re: Changed my mind about a tattoo. - October 2nd 2009, 02:28 AM

What color do you want the heart? I'm assuming red but red and a blue will look good, maybe a little patriotic but that's not a bad thing.
  (#14 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b

Re: Changed my mind about a tattoo. - October 3rd 2009, 02:08 PM

I really dont know actually haha. I'd just like blueish/whiteish wings I think. I dont want something too dark bc I think I might put my dads initials in it & daddys little girl under it because I drew an outline school yesterday and it looked pretty good to me, but I dont know. I'm making an appointment an possibly going to get it today .

rest in peace daddy,

taken.

(#15 (permalink)) Old
losing touch. Offline
oh, really?..
Jeez, get a life!

Points: 38,778, Level: 28 Points: 38,778, Level: 28 Points: 38,778, Level: 28

Re: Changed my mind about a tattoo. - October 3rd 2009, 04:13 PM

i like the first picture the best..

although if it was me i'd go for something like the last design [minus the initials] because it's way simpler and i don't like fussy detail.

..and our dreams will break the boundaries of our fears..

(#16 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b

Re: Changed my mind about a tattoo. - October 4th 2009, 06:44 PM

My appointment is Weds at 5 .. I decided on the first one.
I probably wont get daddys little girl.
The tattoo artist said we could shade the wings blue, reddish heart, yellow halo with purple in the background.
I'm so excited

rest in peace daddy,

taken.

(#17 (permalink)) Old
Fishie Offline
Time of My Life
Average Joe

Re: Changed my mind about a tattoo. - October 7th 2009, 04:14 AM

Wow that really sounds awesome!! Tomorrow, well its Wed here so today in a sense is the big day!! Good luck. Make sure to eat before you go and take a sugared soda with you in case you happen to feel like you're going to faint. You can always ask the artist to stop if you need a break. Keep us updated please. I look forward to hearing your experience. Have fun!!!!!!!!!!
  (#18 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b

Re: Changed my mind about a tattoo. [[PICTURE!!!!]] - October 8th 2009, 11:39 AM

I LOVE IT! Thanks everyone for your input
It didnt hurt until he got to my shoulder blade then I was a little uncomfortable but it wasnt nearly as bad as I expected or like people made it out to be. I love it! One of many I'm sure!

here it is

rest in peace daddy,

taken.

(#19 (permalink)) Old
Fishie Offline
Time of My Life
Average Joe

Re: Changed my mind about a tattoo. - October 9th 2009, 07:24 PM

I'm so happy for you! I know I already commented on your other post, but I just wanted to say again your artist is amazing! If I am ever in VA I am going to stop in. And to your comment one of many.... You sound like me. I only ever thought about getting one but that went out the door on the first day the tattoo was healing. Oh yeah and when it starts healing and scabbing which is normal and good, make sure to keep the skin hydrated with lotion and not to itch. It will get itchy, if anything slap it lightly. Best of luck with the care,its so easy. And yes the pain seems like nothing since it's a part of you forever
  (#20 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b

Re: Changed my mind about a tattoo. - October 9th 2009, 07:38 PM

Thanks Fishie. Yess, you def should stop in! Billy Powell's Ink Works in Madison Heights, Jamie is amazingggg. Haha I told my mom that (bc I'm only 16 so she had to sign haha) the second I saw it in the mirror. I was like mom, this is the first of many and she just rolled her eyes haha bc my older brother has 8 tattoos so its like I'm following in his foot steps haha. Yeah, its itching a little today but my brother and Jamie were both like NO SCRATCHING so my itchiness will just have to make me suffer I guess haha.

rest in peace daddy,

taken.

(#21 (permalink)) Old
Fishie Offline
Time of My Life
Average Joe

Re: Changed my mind about a tattoo. - October 10th 2009, 05:04 AM

That's good tho that you can talk to your mom about tattoos tho, helps that your brother has 8. As my parents don't like them, don't know why because my dad has 5 but who's counting lol. I waited til I was 18 so they didn't have to know, even tho I got mine as a family tattoo ( It symbolizes my mom dad and i in turtles with each of our zodiac signs and my moms favorite flowers, I'll post a pic soon.) So I haven't told them yet.. going on 3 months oh well. They told me at the tattoo parlor that after I was done with my first session(it took 2 1.5 hour sessions) he said that I am a lifer for tattoos. I refused to believe him til the next day I was like hmm time to think of another idea. As for the itching that's the worst part of the entire tattoo process but after a week it should be fine, and if it itches like crazy try putting lotion on it, like tapping the lotion on it. Helped me a little, and thanks for telling me the name of the place you went. I honestly might have to go there to get one.
Closed Thread