TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Tattoos and Piercings (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f27-tattoos-piercings/)
-   -   Hey tattoo help please (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f27-tattoos-piercings/t27335-hey-tattoo-help-please/)

xxpaigiexx October 8th 2009 01:08 PM

Hey tattoo help please

I am currently deciding on what tattoo to get, I want something meaningful, I was thinking of getting a phoenix tattoo either that or something more feminine like flowers going down my sides, it's just more a question of what flowers!
The idea of a phoenix is because everytime a phoenix dies, it rises from the ashes and I think that could be more of a special thing to have... I'm stuck.
Either of those or a fairy tattoo...
help!

BethanyM October 8th 2009 02:26 PM

Re: Hey tattoo help please

http://googleads.g.doubleclick.net/p...zIIoVMvH-E4YdI
lol this was right above the thread as an add but i think a phoenix would be best

losing touch. October 8th 2009 04:31 PM

i like the phoenix idea.. but make sure you make it original and unique to you :]
definitely not a fairy.. in my opinion they're really over-done and often very tacky.

Candy October 8th 2009 11:07 PM

i say ditch the fairy i wanted that but in the end it looks a little silly. i got three stars on my hip and the Chinese symbol for happiness. i love it represents the three things i need to get there.

Good luck and dnt forget to post a clip of the final product! x

s_tor_m October 9th 2009 02:39 AM

I wouldn't go with the fairy...those are too common and there's no reasoning behind it other than it looks pretty. But I really like the phoenix idea :)

OohLaLa October 9th 2009 04:12 AM

Yeah, the phoenix idea seems lik a really good idea :)
I think that wud be really nice :)

I have 2 tattoos, one of 2 hearts linking, and another of a floral design :)
They're nice :)
But choose something that feels right to you. :)

daddys_lilsoldier October 9th 2009 07:10 PM

I really dont like the fairy thing.. in my opinion, they are more of a little kid's tattoo that you get out of the 50 cent machines.
I do like the phoenix though, but make sure you customize it to be your own and be meaningful to you.
:)

Fishie October 9th 2009 07:27 PM

I love the phoenix idea personally. That would make a great tattoo and its not very common either. When you mentioned about the phoenix it immediately made me think of Harry Potter, sorry a tad random. DO you know where you would like to have the tattoo placed on your body? Good luck!

daddys_lilsoldier October 9th 2009 07:45 PM

I thought about Harry Potter too!

Caged_Lion October 9th 2009 07:51 PM

The phoenix idea is awesome, so many beautiful designs out there to influence you.
Speak to an artist first though, if you want flowers along side it make sure they are inkeeping with japanese tradition; otherwise your tattoo will emit bad chi.

Toast October 10th 2009 04:35 AM

Why don't you get a phoenix but somehow have some flowers in the design? That could work.

WhySoSerious? October 10th 2009 05:11 AM

The Phoenix is an awesome idea, you could always try having fire around it and working flowers or petals into that perhaps? If you know what I mean...

xxpaigiexx October 11th 2009 09:55 PM

Hey guys thanks for the imput.
I am looking to have the tattoo on my hip.

Candy October 11th 2009 11:48 PM

great place! don;tknow it the phoenix will look good there though. Are u putting it in a place u can hide?

Gidig October 12th 2009 12:47 AM

I think the idea of a phoenix with fire shaped like flowers around it amazing! Then it could represent how the phoenix dies essensially, with a touch of feminine side. :)