TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Tattoos and Piercings (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f27-tattoos-piercings/)
-   -   Any tattoo precare? (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f27-tattoos-piercings/t42339-any-tattoo-precare/)

Music April 18th 2010 05:45 AM

Any tattoo precare?

Well I know there's a thread with a good amount of information on tattoo aftercare, but is there anything I should know about precare?
I'm getting my first tattoo on the 27th (yay :dem: ) and was wondering if there was anything I can do before then to help my tattoo turn out as good as possible like maybe moisturizing that area beforehand?

Yen April 18th 2010 12:28 PM

Re: Any tattoo precare?

Mmmm nope, not really... Just go get the darn thing lol. Pay tons of attention to the aftercare though! :)

topov April 19th 2010 12:26 PM

make sure you've had no alcohol 24 hours before you get the tattoo...
Eat before you get it done.

Elizabeth April 19th 2010 01:01 PM

You should also make sure the area you are going to get your tattoo on isn't cut. I would also make sure you already have moisture. Depending on where you get your tattoo, it might hurt and be stiff, so going shopping where people will bump into you will be painful.
Hope your tattoo goes well.

i_am_me_again April 19th 2010 03:18 PM

There really is not much pre care you can do. I should advise you not to drink alcohol or take drugs, but I dont know if that will affect your tattoo or not

topov April 20th 2010 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by topov (Post 369598)
make sure you've had no alcohol 24 hours before you get the tattoo...
Eat before you get it done.

I forgot the mention no sun burn or bruising where you want the tattoo...

all these things effect getting a tattoo.

Music April 21st 2010 12:12 AM

Good thing I've never had a sun burn before in my life :hehe:
And that I don't drink :dem:

Fishie April 23rd 2010 05:08 AM

Oh and no pain killers for 3 days before hand, as these are blood thinners, so no tylenol or advil, or motrin, or any of the sort as you will bleed more and make tattooing more difficult. Stay hydrated the day of your tattoo and make sure you eat well before hand and throughout the day. Take a regular pop/soda with you in case your blood sugar drops during the tattoo process, and don't shave the area before hand, the artist will do it for you. And like everyone else said no alcohol. Have fun, relax, and enjoy your art work, let us know how it goes!

Music April 25th 2010 07:04 AM

Kinda worried about this now, is it okay if I have a tiny little scratch where my tattoo is going to be? My cat scratched me earlier today and it's barely noticeable, and might probably be healed by Tuesday which is when I get my tattoo.
And is the fact that where I'm getting the tattoo scarred going to affect it? One of the big reasons I chose the spot I chose is because I want to cover up the scars but I'm not sure if they could even do it.

topov April 25th 2010 10:49 AM

Scars arn't a problem with tattoo's at all...

Music April 25th 2010 05:43 PM

That's good to know :p
The scratch from my cat is pretty much healed already so I'm not at all worried about that now.
2 more days! :dem:

Kitty. April 27th 2010 04:22 AM

Make sure you don't have any burns or bruises.
Good luck with your tattoo! I'm sure it will look fabulous :D