TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Tattoos and Piercings This forum is to ask questions and discuss tattoos, piercings and other aesthetic body modifications.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
fall to romance Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Brittany

Points: 11,951, Level: 15 Points: 11,951, Level: 15 Points: 11,951, Level: 15

1st tattoo! This is what I'll be getting! - April 21st 2010, 07:03 AM

I actually really like it. It took a lot of thought and quite a bit of time to actually draw...

So here's what it all means:

Tiger lilies are my favorite flower, and this one's a bit tattered. It's still pretty and alive, however scarred. That's me. I've survived a bunch of crap, but I'm still here. I'm all the better for it too.

The thorny vine is life. It's not an easy thing to deal with and it will hurt at times. I just noticed that I sort of drew the three vines in a triskel. For those that don't know, a triskel is a celtic symbol for birth, life, and death.

The angel wing is death (naturally). It's for all the past deaths in my life as well as the future deaths I'll have to endure. Grim, yes, but still very important. And you can't have life without death, which is why the vine winds around it, I suppose.

"We'll carry on" is a My Chemical Romance lyric from the song Welcome to the Black Parade (if you didn't know already). More recently, this means to me that I'm able to life my life as normally as anyone and I'm happy for the time I had with my dog. It also means that I can move past everything else.....being suicidal, being severely depressed, even just possibly failing a class.

Even the placement has a symbolic meaning. I want this tattoo on the outside of my left shoulder. For one, that's the side your heart's on. For some reason, all the scars I get from being clumsy is on my left side. The left side is the only side my cat likes being held on (odd I know). It'd be on my shoulder because I'm putting so much of my self into designing this tattoo, so it's like I'm putting my heart on my sleeve. I'm a really emotional person, but I don't know how to express myself unless I'm writing (like now). People can't usually read my expressions and I don't know how to talk about them, so I tend to talk to people in lyrics and quotes. This tattoo, as I said, symbolizes everything that's important to me, so it'd be another way for me to let people know about me. If it's on my shoulder, I know people will see it.

What do you guys think?

-B
--

R.I.P. my sweet baby boy. I miss you so much more than you could have ever imagined.

"There was a moment in my life when I really wanted to kill myself. And there was one other moment when I was close to that. . . . But even in my most jaded times, I had some hope.”-Gerard Way
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
emoticon Offline
confused.
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Michelle

Points: 10,410, Level: 14 Points: 10,410, Level: 14 Points: 10,410, Level: 14

Re: 1st tattoo! This is what I'll be getting! - April 23rd 2010, 12:26 AM

i love it.

" One day at a time, this is enough. Do not look back and grieve over the past for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has not yet come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful it will be worth remembering. "

i wonder when i'll finally jsut start accepting myself, when i'll stop saying i wish i could be like that person.

i have facebook, and myspace. and you can ask for it. :P
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
losing touch. Offline
oh, really?..
Jeez, get a life!

Points: 38,778, Level: 28 Points: 38,778, Level: 28 Points: 38,778, Level: 28

Re: 1st tattoo! This is what I'll be getting! - April 23rd 2010, 01:23 AM

Are you going to get it in colour? If so, what colours? I love the design though - it's really pretty!

..and our dreams will break the boundaries of our fears..

(#4 (permalink)) Old
fall to romance Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: 1st tattoo! This is what I'll be getting! - April 23rd 2010, 04:13 AM

Thank you!

To answer Elle, no I'm not getting colors. It'll be pretty expensive as it is now and color costs more. Besides, I think the black and white gives it a nice effect. I do have to day that color would look pretty awesome as well though. ^_^

-B
--

R.I.P. my sweet baby boy. I miss you so much more than you could have ever imagined.

"There was a moment in my life when I really wanted to kill myself. And there was one other moment when I was close to that. . . . But even in my most jaded times, I had some hope.”-Gerard Way
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Fishie Offline
Time of My Life
Average Joe

Name: April

Points: 10,315, Level: 14 Points: 10,315, Level: 14 Points: 10,315, Level: 14

Re: 1st tattoo! This is what I'll be getting! - April 23rd 2010, 05:00 AM

I absolutely love it! It's beautiful and inspiring. Even your placement is your own and meaningful, I love how you designed this yourself and it's your own and it means so much to you. I have to say for this tattoo I would definitely go with black and grey ink, it'll look much more "sophisticated" and look like a classic, please post a pic of it once you get this on your shoulder, I have 2 and each are on my shoulders, one on left and one on right, and I love the placement to begin with it looks so nice and you can show it off when you want to or keep it to yourself. Best of luck once again astounding idea!
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
fall to romance Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: 1st tattoo! This is what I'll be getting! - April 23rd 2010, 05:14 AM

Thank you so much! I'll definitely post pictures when I get it done. ^_^ As for every bit of it meaning something, that was the only way I'd actually get myself to go through with the process. I've always like tattoos, but I'm terrified of needles and pain. But I'm actually more excited than scared for this! I can't wait to get it done. Don't know when that'll be though...probably not for another month or so.

-B
--

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Algernon Offline
CPT-1 Phlebotomist
Outside, huh?

Name: Holly

Points: 39,834, Level: 28 Points: 39,834, Level: 28 Points: 39,834, Level: 28

Re: 1st tattoo! This is what I'll be getting! - April 23rd 2010, 06:40 AM

That's actually, really cool looking. And I'm a hard critic =)

Geek? Nerd? More like intellectual badass.

"You ran through Africa, and Asia, and Indonesia.. And now I've found you, and I love you. I want to know your name."
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
fall to romance Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: 1st tattoo! This is what I'll be getting! - April 23rd 2010, 07:24 AM

Thank you! That means a lot to me! Especially since you said you're a hard critic. ^_^ You're actually the second person who's said that to me. xD

-B
--

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Kitty. Offline
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Kitty

Points: 46,375, Level: 30 Points: 46,375, Level: 30 Points: 46,375, Level: 30

Re: 1st tattoo! This is what I'll be getting! - April 24th 2010, 02:44 AM

This is definitely really pretty. It looks amazing.
I am a hard critic as well :3
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
fall to romance Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: 1st tattoo! This is what I'll be getting! - April 24th 2010, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty. View Post
This is definitely really pretty. It looks amazing.
I am a hard critic as well :3
Aww! Thank you! That means a lot to me as well then. ^_^

-B
--

Closed Thread