TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Tattoos and Piercings (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f27-tattoos-piercings/)
-   -   Tattoo for graduation (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f27-tattoos-piercings/t52815-tattoo-graduation/)

Pour the Teapot August 21st 2010 01:53 AM

Tattoo for graduation

Ok, so I was planning on getting angel wings on my back when I graduate high school, but somehow I'm having second thoughts about that. Idk. There is one idea I really like, and that's like kind of a reddish-pinkish coyfish in the japanese style, on a background of light blue all on my ankle-lower leg. I think it would be really pretty, at least the way it is in my head. Idk. What do you guys think?

wonderbread August 21st 2010 10:11 PM

Re: Tattoo for graduation

If your second guessing the angel wing tattoo because it has grown in popularity over the years, it is the same thing with the coy fish.
To be honest you will probably think of a new tattoo soon. You are only thirteen and have many more years before you graduate. You will come up with a few different ideas I am sure.
Yes, I think the idea is a good idea. But personally over the next few years really think about a tattoo that you will want forever. Make it a tattoo that is personal to you and not just a tattoo that is something you like.

.Brittany. August 21st 2010 10:44 PM

A tattoo, is normally permanent, so if I were you, I'd do something that relates to you, like something about you. If this makes sense, I really like the angel wing idea though, thats really neat.

Ryan1 August 22nd 2010 03:01 AM

It'll look so bad when your like 30-40-50.. not worth it. Make sure its something worth leaving a mark on your body for. Not just because its cute at the time.

Sorry to be a kill buzz.

Pour the Teapot August 22nd 2010 08:34 PM

No I understand. I want to do something really original, I thought the coyfish was original but I guess not. I'm gonna have to think this over some more.

Kitty. August 23rd 2010 03:25 AM

Even though it is popular, I like the angel wings idea. Simply customize it to your likings. :)

wonderbread August 23rd 2010 04:25 PM

Yes the coy fish are popular, a lot of people I know are getting them done.

You have about five years to decide and even then if you haven't come to a conclusion that you like something good enough, don't do it.

Just make sure it is something that means something to you. All of my tattoos have meaning to me.

Pour the Teapot August 23rd 2010 10:44 PM

The angel wings idea did have meaning, but i'm just not sure I want something like that all over my back.

MermaidMassacre August 25th 2010 05:04 AM

If you have any second thoughts, it's best not to get it.
Plus depending on the tattoo size, angel wings can get pricey, since it's two large tattoos.
With the second tattoo idea, you seem unsure again.
Don't get a tattoo ever just because you think it seems pretty.
Do it because it means something to you or you like it a lot and you can survive looking at it for the rest of your life. Just something to think about.