TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Tattoos and Piercings (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f27-tattoos-piercings/)
-   -   Harry Potter themed tattoo? (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f27-tattoos-piercings/t55613-harry-potter-themed-tattoo/)

LoveFever September 23rd 2010 08:32 PM

Harry Potter themed tattoo?

I'm a huge nerd. I've wanted a Harry Potter tattoo for as long as I can remember. Probably since I knew what a tattoo even was.
At first I wanted the lightning bolt. Not on my forehead, somewhere else, I never really decided, because I figured the lightning bolt would be too generic.
For a while I wanted the Dark Mark on my forearm, but eventually decided against that, because I'm not really the Death Eater type.
Then I was thinking about the Hufflepuff or Hogwarts emblem. Still not sure about that, though I'd probably go with the Hufflepuff emblem over the Hogwarts one.
I thought about getting Amortentia(a love potion) in some sort of script on my wrist.
Also, "All's fair in love and war, and this is a bit of both." A Ron Weasley quote, on my back.
Right now I'm quite fond of either the Deathly Hallows symbol, which would represent the end of the series, the end of an era, OR the pendant of the sweetheart necklace, to symbolize my love of the book.

I only want to choose ONE of these, I don't want to cover my entire body in Harry Potter references.
I'd like to hear some other opinions before I decide, though. Which ones do you like? Dislike? Do you have any other ideas I should consider?
Thanks! I appreciate it greatly! <3

wonderbread September 23rd 2010 10:46 PM

Re: Harry Potter themed tattoo?

You could have the sweetheart necklace and have the Amortentia or Ron's quote wrapped around the pendant.

Algernon September 23rd 2010 11:05 PM

Don't get themed tattoos. That's my advice.

LoveFever September 23rd 2010 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wonderbread (Post 484466)
You could have the sweetheart necklace and have the Amortentia or Ron's quote wrapped around the pendant.

I really like the idea of the quote around the pendant, since they're both Ron related. I just messed around with it in Photoshop, and I love how it looks! Thanks!

Kumagoro September 30th 2010 09:11 PM

I recommend the quote. I think you'll like it more in the long term. As an example, I want a tattoo based on a picture on my favourite CD. I know I might not like the CD in ten years' time, but it's still a nice image. So with your quote, even if you're not into Harry Potter in the future (God forbid! xD) it's still a nice phrase to read and think about what it means in relation to other things as well as the books. :)

WillO'Wisp September 30th 2010 09:22 PM

I'm gonna go along with Holly here and say, don't get a themed tattoo.
Sure you love Harry Potter now, but what about when you're 60 and you regret getting that tattoo? Tattoos are for life, but tastes change over time.