TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Tattoos and Piercings (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f27-tattoos-piercings/)
-   -   Self Harm Tattoo (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f27-tattoos-piercings/t56451-self-harm-tattoo/)

LastRedAppleStanding October 4th 2010 09:36 PM

Self Harm Tattoo

I've found someone who may be able to do my a tattoo.
I don't want people to scream at me that
'Are you sure!? You're only 14. You'll regret it!' yada yada yada.
I'm sorry i just don't.
Because i don't care. I just couldn't give a flying fuck anymore. If i could, i'd fucking cover my body in tattoos.
You know why? Because it feels just like when i cut myself. And it lasts longer. I want a tattoo saying

'My mistakes made me stronger' in fancy writing. But i don't want it to cover my scars. So i'm gonna have it one my right wrist. I wanted it in white ince orgionally so it looks like a scar but why? I want people to see it.

I want to be able to look people in the eye and say 'I have my reasons.'

It's not the case of wanting it. I need this.

taylalatbh. October 4th 2010 09:45 PM

Re: Self Harm Tattoo

I'm surprised that you found someone who will do your tattoo at 14. I'm sure it's illegal, but either way.

This has nothing to do with your self harm issues, or anything. But having a visible tattoo, no matter what it says, isn't really a good idea. For when you're older, you'll struggle getting a job because it's difficult to get employed with a visible tattoo showing. And you wouldn't want to risk that because getting a job and money to support yourself is more important, really.

I'm not trying to have a go or anything, and I know you didn't want replies like this, but I think it's important that you know what your actions could do to you in 5 years once you've grown up and matured, and head out into the real world.

Take care.

LastRedAppleStanding October 4th 2010 09:48 PM

Thanks but i'm not thinking that far ahead.
I don't even know if i'll be alive then.
I'm impulsive and i live in the moment.
And i know i'll hate it if i do get that far
:)
Thanks xx

Idistractmyself October 4th 2010 10:04 PM

Not that I support getting a tattoo at 14, but if this is something you can look back at in the future, and see how you used to be and how you've changed, it can be a positive thing. I know you say you are impulsive and live in the moment, but things will change in later years.

Just be careful. :)

losing touch. October 4th 2010 10:15 PM

Ignore me if you like but anyone who is willing to tattoo a 14 year old is an idiot and shouldn't be allowed to tattoo anyone! You'll end up with a rubbish tattoo that you'll most likely regret from someone who is breaking the law!! It sounds like you're using a tattoo as another form of self harm, this is not a good reason to get a tattoo. I think you should work through your problems with self harm and then think about a tattoo, once you're legally old enough to get one.

There are other ways to express yourself without going to some dodgy tattooist.

jellyfish October 5th 2010 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by losing touch. (Post 490743)
Ignore me if you like but anyone who is willing to tattoo a 14 year old is an idiot and shouldn't be allowed to tattoo anyone! You'll end up with a rubbish tattoo that you'll most likely regret from someone who is breaking the law!! It sounds like you're using a tattoo as another form of self harm, this is not a good reason to get a tattoo. I think you should work through your problems with self harm and then think about a tattoo, once you're legally old enough to get one.

There are other ways to express yourself without going to some dodgy tattooist.

Tattooing someone at 14 is very illegal.
Think about if he gets caught doing it, you are going to get repurcussions.
If you want it for the reasons you said, if I were you, place it somewhere discreet. If you regret it in the future then you dont have to constantly have it on show.

Maloo October 5th 2010 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LastRedAppleStanding (Post 490716)
Because it feels just like when i cut myself.

How do you know what a tattoo feels like?

LastRedAppleStanding October 5th 2010 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Myss (Post 491057)

How do you know what a tattoo feels like?

I got this chap who gave my mom and dad a tattoo to do something on me without any ink. So it was just like a cut really, i know theres a scar there but you'd have to look really really close.
I wanted to know what it felt like

EmisaurusRex October 5th 2010 05:04 PM

If you're wanting it as bad as you sad you do, then you'll still be wanting it when it is legal for you to get it. And it will be a lot safer to get it then too.
If I were you, I'd wait about getting it.

Maloo October 6th 2010 12:09 AM

Getting a real tattoo feels nothing like cutting. It's not even close.

Commiseration October 6th 2010 02:27 AM

I know you don't want to hear it, but it doesn't sound like the best idea in the world, as others have said already. (I personally advise against it until you're older and find a respectable tattooist)

But... since none of us can stop you, and you sound like you've got your mind made up, let me just say this and please, for your own sake, Listen:
This tattooist, will be doing it illegally, which isn't very responsible of him. This could also mean that he won't be using proper equiptment. MAKE SURE HE USES BRAND NEW, STERILE NEEDLES & EQUIPTMENT! Diseases can very easily be spread through tattooing without sterile needles and such. They can also cause serious infection. So if you're fully determined to do this at least be safe/smart about it. Okay?

Lecture over! :) Take care.

Maloo October 6th 2010 02:32 AM

To add to the above post, you can get a staph infection from unsanitary tattooing.

From WebMD :
"These staph infections range from a simple boil to antibiotic-resistant infections to flesh-eating infections."

Just so you know.

Strife October 6th 2010 04:28 PM

I thought it was legal to get a tattoo if you were underage as long as your parents gave approval, like a piercing? 0.o My best friend got a tattoo for her 16th birthday and I was under the impression all that was needed was the parents okay-ing it. o.o;

taylalatbh. October 6th 2010 06:06 PM

No, as far as I'm aware, you have to be 18 for a tattoo, no matter what.

thefirstlady October 6th 2010 07:01 PM

All reputable tattoo shops will only tattoo people who are 18 and older for many reasons. It's illegal to tattoo anyone under 18 even with parental consent. I know here in my state the shop can get shut down by the health department if they tattoo anyone who is under 18.

Kitty. October 7th 2010 02:47 AM

I am going to say that this is a bad idea and you and the piercer can both get in serious trouble.
You could get infections and all sorts of things.

[Edited]

jellyfish October 9th 2010 05:36 PM

The law in the UK is that it is illegal for someone to tattoo a person under the age of 18.

Its up to you if you want run risk of:
a. Getting a shit tattoo
b. Catching infection from unsterile equipment
c. Facing repurcussions from the law/who ever tattooed you
d. Regretting it in the future

DeletedAccount63 October 14th 2010 06:11 PM

I don't know if this has been said but if you do it in white ink you might fuck it up because white ink doesn't transfer that well on the way they have to do it and everything...Trust me I just got a self-harm recovery tattoo it was going to be done in white but I spent like over a year researching everything and going through my options. I would do the research yourself before you get it done. You can ignore this pasrt bur you are 14 nobody should be willing to do a tattoo for you...They can end up getting sued or worsee.

AmazonQueen October 16th 2010 12:35 AM

I'm almost 16 and I'm just DYING to get a tattoo in honor of my grampa who passed over a year ago and for the rev of a7x but they tell me the same thing, i say at least wait until your 16 i know its a bitch believe me! it'll be more worth it i also want another tattoo on my ankle that symbolizes strength because i am strong from all i've been through tattoos are wonderful way to remind yourself of something like that and i support THAT but just consider health too...are you allergic to ink? is the person you are getting the tatt from sterile? you can get hepatitis B from uncleanly things like that

Quote:

Originally Posted by LittleMissComplicated (Post 498045)
I don't know if this has been said but if you do it in white ink you might fuck it up because white ink doesn't transfer that well on the way they have to do it and everything...Trust me I just got a self-harm recovery tattoo it was going to be done in white but I spent like over a year researching everything and going through my options. I would do the research yourself before you get it done. You can ignore this pasrt bur you are 14 nobody should be willing to do a tattoo for you...They can end up getting sued or worsee.

on another note i also agree with this but i cant say the last part LOL im no better, but yeah do your research know what your getting yourself into

jellyfish October 20th 2010 12:38 PM

There are issues with white ink, it doesnt take to skin very well etc.