TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Tattoos and Piercings This forum is to ask questions and discuss tattoos, piercings and other aesthetic body modifications.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Ambitiousxx Offline
Stay Strong.<3
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Ashley

Points: 8,039, Level: 13 Points: 8,039, Level: 13 Points: 8,039, Level: 13

Tattoo help? - September 15th 2011, 08:26 PM

I'm getting my first tattoo soon. er. i guess it'd be two tattoos. I'm getting a small heart on my right wrist, and on the left wrist i'm getting the quote "Be kinder than necessary, for everyone is fighting some kind of battle." and I need some ideas.

For the quote on my left wrist.. I don't want it to just be the quote. I kinda wanna add somthing with it.. Like a few broken chains or somthing small that cuould go under or around. I don't know. maybe some kind of flower. I don't know. I don't know. I don't know. Haha.

Any ideas of things I could put around it? any suggestions?

Thanks(:

Demi Lovato saved my life.<3

-----------------------------------------------------

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone is fighting some kind of battle."

~

"The greatest pleasure in life, is doing what people say you cannot do."

------------------------------------------------------

Feel free to PM me if you ever need advice, want to talk about somthing, or just need a friend. I'll be there for you. (:

<3
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Never Forget Hope
I can't get enough

Name: Kelly

Points: 36,109, Level: 27 Points: 36,109, Level: 27 Points: 36,109, Level: 27

Re: Tattoo help? - September 15th 2011, 09:11 PM

I think a flower would be nice, but at the moment I can't come up with anything else. I could imagine a lavender color flower with the text going around it maybe.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Average Joe

Name: Laura

Points: 11,119, Level: 15 Points: 11,119, Level: 15 Points: 11,119, Level: 15

Re: Tattoo help? - September 15th 2011, 11:50 PM

I like the flower idea a lot. Maybe with some vines? I would research the symbolic meanings of flowers too to find the right fit, but that's just me and being kinda obsessive

God, grant the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know that difference.
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
thefirstlady Offline
Average Joe

Name: Morgan

Points: 9,423, Level: 14 Points: 9,423, Level: 14 Points: 9,423, Level: 14

Re: Tattoo help? - September 16th 2011, 04:06 PM

That quote is going to take up a decent part of your forearm. I don't think you know how big it will end up needing to be. You can't tattoo script very small because over time it will blend together. It has to be a certain size or bigger to try and avoid the blending down the road. So I would recommend getting the quote elsewhere on your body like your shoulder blade or ribs. That way it can be the size it needs to be without possibly hindering future job opportunities. I'm a tattoo artist and I get this often. Not to mention you're 16 and could regret it down the road. Think before you ink! Do your research before you get something done. Go to different shops, look at artist portfolios and ask about script and sizing. Majority of artists will probably tell you the same thing though if $ isn't their only concern.
Closed Thread