TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Good Days! Great days are always worth celebrating, so share your good times with us here!

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Rivière Offline
Par la rivière

I can't get enough

Name: Sarah

I finally told them - February 23rd 2019, 09:02 PM

I finally talked to the 3 people closest to me about what has really been going on with me beyond my online friend.

The guy I've been seeing is actually quite abusive. He's manipulative, controlling, self-centred, narcissistic, and much more. I never really realised all of these things until some issues that arose during my Christmas holiday. Then after I became emotionally hurt by him, and then shortly after exam period was over, I distanced myself from him and then realised just what kind of person he really was.

I finally plucked up the courage to tell my best university friend 4 weeks ago and she was really supportive of the whole thing. Then earlier this week I told another really close friend I have at university and she too was really supportive.

My mum came to visit me today and through a lot of tears and upset, she was also very understanding and supportive throughout. She briefly talked about what happened to me to my brother and uncle so they know a bit about what was going on. Since then my uncle has been texting me to make sure I'm ok and whatnot.

I feel so good to have people who are on my side and are supportive of me throughout what's been going on. I know everything that I've told them could be considered my view and just what I've been saying, except I actually have message proof of a lot of his behaviour and the things he does/says. Plus what happened this Tuesday showed his behaviour as other people were around, so it feels good for other people to see exactly what he can be like.

My mum gave me a lot of encouragement and advice. She told me to break things off with him because he's manipulating me to get what he wants, which is just sex. She said he clearly doesn't love me or he wouldn't be lusting after other girls/women. She said to never allow him back into my room ever again and as much as it's hard, to resist his behaviour as much as possible and not let him affect my grades any further than they already have.

I agree with everything she has said. I am going to do my very best to push hard and resist him from now on. After all, I will never see him again very soon anyway, so I may as well start now. I just hope that I have the strength to do so.

Life is for living, not for losing.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Wheek! Offline
Eat, sleep, repeat!

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dez

Re: I finally told them - February 24th 2019, 12:31 AM

I am so proud of you for reaching out! <3 Here's hoping you're able to get into a better situation soon too!

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly

Re: I finally told them - February 25th 2019, 07:14 PM

So glad that you were able to tell the people closet to you about everything that has been going, and even better that you are getting out of the situation too! Onward and upwards

HelpLINK/Live Help Officer | Click here to volunteer

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Dusk. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

TeenHelp Addict

Re: I finally told them - February 27th 2019, 07:32 AM

Hi there!

You did an awesome job in reaching out!

It is difficult and scary but it certainly sounds like you did the right thing.

You should be very proud of yourself!