TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Good Days! (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f29-good-days/)
-   -   big big progress (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f29-good-days/t163226-big-big-progress/)

Soda_Voxel September 10th 2022 02:12 PM

big big progress

I recently started doing chores for my mum for the first time, and she's paying me for it. It's so cool to be able to finally do something fulfilling and meaningful instead of just sitting at home all day - even if it's only for about 15 minutes - and then get a little bit of money for it. I get to save up and eventually buy stuff that I want without worrying about spending other people's money. I'm even gonna get a bank account.

On top of that, I'm going to start volunteering at a bookshop soon. Just to kind of get me some experience in a worklike environment. I won't get paid for it, but I'm not bothered by that. It's super relaxed, they seem super chill and understanding of my limits. I get to work in the back, so I don't need to deal with the public if I don't want to. Besides, it's a super nice shop, in a super nice area, close to some stores with food I know I like, and I get discounts on stuff in the shop. There's such a nice selection of books, and they sell music too, with a little room you can go in to listen to all the vinyl. I've only been in there once, but it was immediate good vibes. There's this one person who works there who I only met briefly but they were just immediately warming and friendly, like a good friend.

These are huge steps for me. I feel productive, and like I'm actually going out into the real world and doing real person things. :)

Arabesque- golfing girl. September 10th 2022 02:46 PM

Re: big big progress

Hi :)

That is wonderful how you have been helping out your mother at home. It is always fun when we can help others out, great job.:) I wish you the best with volunteering at the bookstore. Books are a lot of fun and so many people love to read them. :) I hope you have fun with this. :)

DeletedAccount81 September 10th 2022 03:56 PM

Wow, it sounds like you're really making progress! It's the little things like doing fifteen minutes of chores a day and making $5 for it... it will build up to something in the long run.

The book store sounds like such a cozy little place! Wishing you the best of luck with this volunteer opportunity. :hug:

Dawn. September 13th 2022 10:47 AM

That is such wonderful news! :)

Everglow. September 13th 2022 05:45 PM

This is amazing and I hope your new volunteer role is great for you. :D

Ennui. September 13th 2022 07:31 PM

That's awesome to hear! It sounds like doing things to keep yourself busy is a real help, so you are taking some great steps. I hope your volunteer role goes well, you'll do great!