TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Good Days! (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f29-good-days/)
-   -   Triggering (Suicide): Funny how things work out. :) (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f29-good-days/t90748-funny-how-things-work-out/)

asian persuasion December 16th 2011 09:54 PM

Funny how things work out. :)

So, I was pretty much a straight A student up until my junior year.
The past 2 years I haven't even gone above a 2.0 and my current GPA sits at like a 1 point something (cumulative is still above a 3.0). I guess I've just been going through some shitty times the past year. I've thought about killing myself multiple times, attempted it once, I've made more than enough of the wrong choices, I almost dropped out of school -- things just weren't going right. Anyway, despite all of that, I applied to Baylor on a whim, I figured I wasn't going to get in, but it was free so why the hell not?

Anyway, I sent in my application, not expecting anything. A little under half of the applicants get accepted so I was like "yeah, probably not gonna make it." That was a few months ago. Since then, things weren't really getting better. They were getting a lot worse, actually. Yesterday, I picked up my papers so that I could drop out of school coz I figured nothing was gonna change. I was just stuck in too much of a rut. So I got home, got into a huge fight with my mom, and everything was just terrible.

So I go into my bedroom, and on my bed there's a fat, fancy looking envelope from Baylor. Not really thinking anything of it, I opened it up and this folder fell out. When I opened it, there was a certificate saying that I've been accepted into Baylor, and not only that, my acceptance came with a $20,000 scholarship. I went from having one of the worst weeks in my life to the best.

Now I've found my motivation to finish high school. I've found a reason to push through, no matter how tough it is. The journey might not be an easy one, but I know that I'm more than capable of reaching my destination.

Eternal December 16th 2011 10:03 PM

Re: Funny how things work out. :)

Congrats on the scholarship! I'm glad to hear things are turning around :)

asian persuasion December 17th 2011 01:42 AM

Thank you very much! ^____^

Evanesco December 18th 2011 01:03 PM

Congratulations! That's amazing news. I hope things continue to go well. :)

Imagine849 December 18th 2011 02:48 PM

Wow, congratulations! I hope it all works out for you :)

Disappearing December 18th 2011 06:05 PM

I'm so happy things are working out for you! That is amazing! Congrats :)

Solivagant December 21st 2011 09:52 AM

That sounds SO amazing! Congratulations!!