TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General For questions or discussions that do not fit elsewhere, post here. Please check all forum descriptions before posting here to be sure there is not a better location for your thread.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Amorphous. Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Hamed Khatiz

Life. - July 13th 2012, 12:50 AM

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! What do people mean when they talk about the little things in life? Someone I know, she is reeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaallyyyyyyyy happy, really bubbly, quite an attractive personaltiy and energy and I actually asked her:

"How are you such a happy person, what's your secret LOL?"

She said she focuses on the little things in life. I have heard sooooooooooooo much stuff on the little things but what does it mean?

“At times the world may seem an unfriendly and sinister place,
But believe that there is much more good in it than bad.
All you have to do is look hard enough,
And what might seem to be a series of unfortunate events may in fact be the first steps of a journey.”

~My Childhood Friend.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
EmisaurusRex Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Em

Re: Life. - July 13th 2012, 02:27 AM

I'm sure that "the little things in life" is different for just about everyone. For me personally, here are a few things that I try to enjoy that I consider the little things in life---the night sky, architecture, people's smiles, good music, sunny days that have an ever so slight breeze, the smell of clean laundry, going for a walk, new school supplies.
It's really just trying to not overlook things that we often take for granted, finding joy in those things, and letting it have a positive impact on your day.
At least that's the way I see it. Hope I've been of some help!

Great works are performed not by strength, but by perseverance.
PM me anytime <3

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Ambedo. Offline
I'm as sane as I ever was.

Outside, huh?

Name: Sam

Re: Life. - July 13th 2012, 02:43 AM

Like Em said, the "little things" are different for everyone. I think your friend was trying to say that she doesn't wait for big events to happen to make her happy. She finds joy in every day things, like sunny days, her hobbies, making people smile, etc.

wanderlust consumed her;
foreign hearts & exotic minds compelled her.
she had a gypsy soul
and a vibrant heart for the unknown.
-d. marie

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Eternal Offline
Lead Moderator

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Nicole

Re: Life. - July 13th 2012, 02:59 AM

To me, it means enjoying all the things in life that people normally overlook or take for granted. Things such as seeing a beautiful sunset, having a friend send a really nice message, or even just eating your favorite food. If you take these small things into account it can really shed a light on how great life can be. Its easy to overlook these things and only focus on the major bad things that occur, but if you do that it will just bring down your mood.

And here you are living, despite it all.
Lead Moderator | Disputes Committee | HelpLINK Mentor

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Fading Light. Offline
Do you believe in ghosts?
TeenHelp Addict

Re: Life. - July 13th 2012, 10:34 AM

Remember how I told you about the list I made last year, the one of things that make me happy? Those are my little things. Some were as simple as fluffy bedsocks or seeing the first flowers of spring. Some were more complicated, like support from a friend or the unconditional love from a family. It's seeing beauty in things people often overlook, finding solace in things one might take for granted. It's about the beautiful details that make up the sometimes less-than-stunning big picture.

if you know the hunter's coming
then you hide or keep on running
'cause she's slain the gods before.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Amorphous. Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Hamed Khatiz

Re: Life. - July 13th 2012, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestial. View Post
Remember how I told you about the list I made last year, the one of things that make me happy? Those are my little things. Some were as simple as fluffy bedsocks or seeing the first flowers of spring. Some were more complicated, like support from a friend or the unconditional love from a family. It's seeing beauty in things people often overlook, finding solace in things one might take for granted. It's about the beautiful details that make up the sometimes less-than-stunning big picture.
I love this. Fluffy bedsocks LOL. Wow, I have never thought of it like that, the beautiful details which make up the sometimes less than stunning big picture. Thanks, Chessmaster LOL .

“At times the world may seem an unfriendly and sinister place,
But believe that there is much more good in it than bad.
All you have to do is look hard enough,
And what might seem to be a series of unfortunate events may in fact be the first steps of a journey.”

~My Childhood Friend.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Outside, huh?

Name: Cathy

Re: Life. - July 13th 2012, 01:58 PM

I agree with everyone else. The little things in life are just simple, everyday things that a person finds worthwhile and a reason to be happy every, single day. It can as simple has the sunshine to the smell of the outdoors after a good rain or their soft stuff animals(toys).

Member Since 1/15/2012

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Fading Light. Offline
Do you believe in ghosts?
TeenHelp Addict

Re: Life. - July 14th 2012, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
I love this. Fluffy bedsocks LOL. Wow, I have never thought of it like that, the beautiful details which make up the sometimes less than stunning big picture. Thanks, Chessmaster LOL .
Oh lord, that nickname's catching on? Seriously though, glad I could help.

if you know the hunter's coming
then you hide or keep on running
'cause she's slain the gods before.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
George^^ Offline
Hi :D
Senior TeenHelper

Name: George

Re: Life. - July 14th 2012, 12:57 PM

I consider them to be things that you just notice that make you happy, even if to another they would be stupid. Sometimes the trick to feeling happy is to just feel happy about the little things, not trying to be happy with everything.

I've said it once, I've said it twice, I've said it a thousand fucking times
That I'm OK, that I'm fine, that it's all just in my mind
But this has got the best of me, and I can't seem to sleep
It's not 'cause you're not with me, it's cause you never leave

(#10 (permalink)) Old
zumbaqueen2012 Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Life. - July 16th 2012, 01:11 PM

The little things for me are the simple, everyday things that you enjoy that other people may not always notice. For me, it's lounging about watching "Friends", listening to music, wearing colourful bracelets, the smell of my mums cooking.
  Send a message via MSN to zumbaqueen2012  
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
SamMarie Offline
Sam
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Sam

Re: Life. - July 16th 2012, 11:07 PM

The little things in life are the ones that doesn't cause stress and is usually quite simple. I think if you try to make your life as simple as possible, it makes little things like that count. For example, just helping someone out is free and simple to do, enjoying the weather, walks with a boyfriend or friend. I think it's simple things like that that people take for granted and they are usually the most enjoyable.

(#12 (permalink)) Old
Veni Vidi Vici Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Life. - July 17th 2012, 09:04 AM

For me they're the small details that happen each and every day. Those details you'll eventually forget such as a random person smiling and saying 'good morning' or a happy get - together with a close friend.

As some other people said, they may vary from person to person but I think this is what it is in general. I for one would love to meet your friend! Although I hear it a lot, I haven't met very many people who actually do this!

Carpe Diem: Seize the Day/Moment. -Horace

Veni, Vidi, Vici: I came, I saw, I conquered -Julius Caesar

(#13 (permalink)) Old
Evanesco Offline
Linguistics geek
Outside, huh?

Name: Harrison (or Harri)

Re: Life. - July 22nd 2012, 10:24 AM

To add to everything that everyone else has said, I find that appreciating the little things in life helps to ground a person. If you can take pleasure out of everyday things, things that are insignificant to most people, then you can be happy even when a lot of the bigger stuff is going wrong.

So for me, little things include snuggling in a blanket with a good book, seeing birds in the garden and hearing a song that makes me smile, on top of a lot of other things.

Join the Skeleton Clique on TH
Do you wanna come with me? 'Cause if you do, then I should warn you - you're gonna see all sorts of things. Ghosts from the past. Aliens from the future. The day the Earth died in a ball of flame. It won't be quiet, it won't be safe, and it won't be calm. But I'll tell you what it will be: The trip of a lifetime!

Don't trust a perfect person and don't trust a song that's flawless.
RIP Granddad Terry. I'll miss you.

Closed Thread