TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General For questions or discussions that do not fit elsewhere, post here. Please check all forum descriptions before posting here to be sure there is not a better location for your thread.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Amorphous. Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Hamed Khatiz

What do I do? - September 3rd 2012, 11:58 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooood morning guys. So here's the situation.

As you can imagine, I went on Facebook this morning, about twenty minutes ago. I entered Facebook and my brother kept his account logged in. I went in to log out of his account and log onto mine. I go on Facebook on my PS3, it has an app there, it's fine. On a PS3, the Logout button is on the bottom on the page. So on my way down I saw this status:

"Can you do me a favor and jump of a bridge, asshole!.... sincerely, Caitlin <3"

Her name is Caitlin and based on my brother's age and most of his friends, she is about fourteen years of age. Sooooooooooooooooooooooo, what do I do about this? Report it, perhaps? I originally thought this was something about suicide, like she wanted to, but then I thought, that's probably not it. I was going to talk to her but then I immediately stopped myself.

It's a bit of a full on thing to say, but should I leave it? The status is hours old now and (disturbingly) it got six likes and one comment. "Inbox".

H.

ďAt times the world may seem an unfriendly and sinister place,
But believe that there is much more good in it than bad.
All you have to do is look hard enough,
And what might seem to be a series of unfortunate events may in fact be the first steps of a journey.Ē

~My Childhood Friend.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Delicious Chaos Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: What do I do? - September 4th 2012, 09:51 AM

I don't think she meant it to offend someone. Since she is 14 I am sure she didn't make much of the status ans the people that liked it didn't make much of it either. Leave it. It was just a meaningless status. Since she didn't say i am going to kill myself that means its not the thought of suicide. I think because you have heard so much about suicide, it meant something different.. It is a very stupid status but I don't think she realizes she can offend people with statuses like that.

ďIíve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. Iíve lost almost 300 games. 26 times, Iíve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. Iíve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.Ē
- Michael Jordan

Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.
- John Wooden
  Send a message via Yahoo to Delicious Chaos Send a message via Skype™ to Delicious Chaos 
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Evanesco Offline
Linguistics geek
Outside, huh?

Name: Harrison (or Harri)

Re: What do I do? - September 4th 2012, 11:21 AM

It sounds like she's pissed off with someone, and is telling them to go jump off a bridge. Since she doesn't mention any names, and the status is old, there is nothing you can do and nothing you need to do. It definitely doesn't sound as if she is any danger.

Join the Skeleton Clique on TH
Do you wanna come with me? 'Cause if you do, then I should warn you - you're gonna see all sorts of things. Ghosts from the past. Aliens from the future. The day the Earth died in a ball of flame. It won't be quiet, it won't be safe, and it won't be calm. But I'll tell you what it will be: The trip of a lifetime!

Don't trust a perfect person and don't trust a song that's flawless.
RIP Granddad Terry. I'll miss you.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Everglow. Offline
Did you miss me?
Outside, huh?

Name: Hollie

Re: What do I do? - September 4th 2012, 03:54 PM

I've seen a lot of people on my facebook post similar things. I don't think it's her saying she's planning on that, but rather she is annoyed at someone and is saying that about that person instead. It's not a threat or anything, so I don't think there's a lot you can do other than just leave it. At 14, she's bound to say things she doesn't mean and a lot of people do say things like this ,unfortunately.

❤ Nana ❤
1953-2016

As far as we can discern,
the sole purpose of human existence
is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
- Carl Jung

Closed Thread