TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General For questions or discussions that do not fit elsewhere, post here. Please check all forum descriptions before posting here to be sure there is not a better location for your thread.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Cullen Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Question gig or party dilemma? - September 24th 2012, 06:39 PM

Mkay so its my mums 50th birthday this year. She's organised a weekend trip to London to see the lion king or something, which her, my sister, my nan and my aunt are going on, and she asked me to go, but its just not my thing... Sometimes spending time with my family is a bit of a head f*ck for me, and a whole weekend would end in a bit of a breakdown I reckon. So I told her I wouldn't go to that. She text me yesterday asking me and my boyfriend to go to her party, which we happily would, BUT we both have gig tickets for the same day and the same time. Like, out of all the days in October that she could have picked, she picked the only day and the same few hours that I'm busy... The gig I'm going to is the gaslight anthem in Birmingham, and they are like one of my 3 fave bands, and they are the only 3 bands that I like seeing live. I got the tickets a few months ago as soon as they went on sale, and I've been really excited about going. Now... What should I do? Gig or mums party? I'm a bit of a let-down to my mum tbh, we don't really talk and barely see eachother. So I know it would mean a lot to her to go to the party. And I feel bad about not going to London, so it'd be really bad to give the party a miss, too. BUT I really want to go to the gig... Ugh life is hard. What should I do? What would you do? :S

The Quiet Things That No One Ever Knows...
Keep The Blood In Your Head, And Keep Your Feet On The Ground.

Nov 29th 2010 <3

Do I Divide And Fall Apart?
My Bright's Too Slight To Hold Back All My Dark.
  Send a message via MSN to Cullen  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
zumbaqueen2012 Offline
I can't get enough

Re: gig or party dilemma? - September 24th 2012, 08:37 PM

It's a toughie but as I'm a home bird, I'd be tempted to go to mum's party. If you think it's going to be too hard to spend a whole weekend with them, maybe even arrange to spend a few hours or a day with them and then go and do your own thing. Or if you think she wouldnt mind too much, chat to her about the gig and see if you can come to some sort of arrangement.

Whatever you decide, I hope you get things sorted and have a good time
  Send a message via MSN to zumbaqueen2012  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Cullen Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Re: gig or party dilemma? - September 25th 2012, 10:07 AM

My boyfriend said to go to the gig and arrange to do something with my mum another time... but i know she'd be disappointed that I didn't go to the party.
But if I go to the party I'll have such a crap time. I'll be on my own there cuz my bf won't be going... Ugh. It's rubbish

The Quiet Things That No One Ever Knows...
Keep The Blood In Your Head, And Keep Your Feet On The Ground.

Nov 29th 2010 <3

Do I Divide And Fall Apart?
My Bright's Too Slight To Hold Back All My Dark.
  Send a message via MSN to Cullen  
Closed Thread