TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General For questions or discussions that do not fit elsewhere, post here. Please check all forum descriptions before posting here to be sure there is not a better location for your thread.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Alex Vause Offline
Barbz <3
Not a n00b

Name: Bri

Disappointment - November 23rd 2012, 03:33 AM

Okay so lately I have noticed something about TH. I have seen some users being directly rude to others, it doesn't seem fair. This is basically cyber bullying. I have talked to some of the user who were bullied and they have said that they now feel unsafe of this site and want to die. I'm just saying if you have a problem with a user on this site please keep it to yourself unless you feel the need to report him/her. I understand not everyone is going to like each other, but the least we can do is respect each other and not bully each other. This is a site to help each other.

"Do not Dwell in The past, Do not Dream of the Future, Concentrate the Mind on the Present moment."- Buddha

"A Life Spent Making Mistakes Is Not Only More Honorable, But More Useful Than A Life Doing Nothing." -George Bernard Shaw

"In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: It goes on." -Robert Frost

2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
~Divergent~ Offline
Struggling again.
I've been here a while

Name: Hailey

Re: Disappointment - November 23rd 2012, 03:38 AM

I totally agree with you. It makes me feel really sad for the users who are being "bullied" when I see a post that puts someone else down or makes them feel bad, or is just plain mean. People are here to get help and help other people, not make them feel worse!

Member since 9/27/12
Buddy since 9/14/13

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Maverick. Offline
Deep Thinker
I've been here a while

Name: Anthony

Re: Disappointment - November 24th 2012, 10:29 AM

I am sorry that you feel this way. Nobody likes to be bullied.

Please keep in mind that sometimes constructive advice may seem like unwarranted rudeness.

For the most part, things are pretty calm here and I rarely see bullying.

But I'm not saying that it doesn't happen. If you see a post or you see a member who is behaving innapropriately, feel free to report it and we will rectify everything.

You've had a landscaper and a house keeper since you were born
The sunshine always kept you warm.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Oldaccount. Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Disappointment - November 24th 2012, 11:40 AM

Hey Bri,

I'm sorry to hear that you've witnessed Bullying here on TeenHelp. It's not nice to be bullied or see bullying around the site and I'd highly suggest Reporting those Users who are seen bullying others here and it will be dealt with appropriately. When our Members sign up to the site they agree to abide by our Code of Conduct and one section states that
Quote:
All users should be treated with respect at all times, regardless of any negative feelings you hold towards them or whether or not provocation occurred. Hateful descriptions or images will not be tolerated anywhere on TeenHelp, and neither will insulting or aggressive behaviour towards anyone. All users should help to maintain the positive environment of TeenHelp.

I very rarely see bullying around the site but please do Report it if you are being bullied or witness any bullying by anybody on the site.

Last edited by Oldaccount.; November 24th 2012 at 11:47 AM.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Disappointment - November 24th 2012, 06:15 PM

Hey there,

I am sorry to hear that you have witnessed bullying here. I know that bullying of any kind is not tolerated here and as stated previously users agree to abide by Teenhelps code of conduct when they make an account. If you are noticing other users bullying someone I would like to encourage you to report it; Here is the link to report a user. It is important for things like this to be reported so that it can be looked into properly and taken care of.

If you ever want to chat please feel free to pm/vm me.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Voldermorts Stalker
I can't get enough

Re: Disappointment - November 24th 2012, 06:35 PM

Unfortunately like any large online community disagreements are going to happen and TH does it to best keep an eye on these sort of situations, it might be an idea for you report these users to the correct people such as disputes committee or a moderator if there is a moderator online.

BADGER BADGER BADGER.........MUSHROOM!!!
Videos team
, articles team and helplink mentor and associate live help operator.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: Disappointment - November 24th 2012, 06:40 PM

Hi there

Bullying isn't something that should be going on any where, especially on sites like Teenhelp and i am sorry that some people go through this on the site. However it is going to happen. Bullying is always going to be seen on here but we as a site do not tolerate this behaviour. Staff will either see it going on and take action or it will be reported and then dealt with. We do everything we can to prevent and stop this behaviour. If you see bullying going on around the site then please report it so the staff members can deal with it.

Jessie

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

Last edited by Palmolive; November 24th 2012 at 07:53 PM.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Hypothesis. Offline
Not significant.

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dez

Re: Disappointment - November 26th 2012, 02:27 AM

I'm really sorry to hear that you have seen this bullying going on. Bullying isn't always fully preventable, but like what was said, we aren't going to tolerate that behavior, so if you see it going on, be sure to report it so we can deal with what is going on. We will take care of the people on the site who are bullying other users and try to make the site as safe as possible. But, we also really appreciate it when users report any bullying going on. While we love to help out, we can't be everywhere at once, and sometimes we need reports so we can take action. You all deserve to feel safe here.

Closed Thread