TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

  • Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!


General For questions or discussions that do not fit elsewhere, post here. Please check all forum descriptions before posting here to be sure there is not a better location for your thread.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
Stephen100 Offline
Banned
Average Joe
***
 
Stephen100's Avatar
 

Posts: 105
Join Date: May 23rd 2012

Not happy with this injustice - December 15th 2012, 09:48 PM

I have recently posting a few threads, and I have been severely mistreated. I have been verbally abused, lied about, and insulted. I also have to be very careful what I say because I've been told that I'm on my last warning. Sure, I maybe said some things that upset people, but they also did it to me. I feel like a great deal of sexism has been committed. It's mostly the women who have ganged up on me, not the men. I hate injustice and unfairness.

I feel that I have the right to sue this forum, because sexism is a crime. No forum should mistreat its members, and I have been treated very poorly. I would ask for an apology, but I doubt I'll get one.

Stephen
   
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Coffee. Offline
Condom Queen
TeenHelp Addict
************
 
Coffee.'s Avatar
 
Name: Traci
Age: 26
Gender: she/her/hers
Location: North Carolina

Posts: 8,147
Blog Entries: 639
Join Date: October 29th 2009

Re: Not happy with this injustice - December 15th 2012, 10:20 PM

If you feel you have been treated unfairly, please bring this up with the Disputes Committee (if by staff) or report the user that has been mistreating you. That will get you a lot farther. Other than that, I hope that you have received proper information about your behavior and why you have been warned. You have not been treating members with respect either and while this does not give them the right to treat you poorly, it can explain their harsh reactions.


I said to the sun, "Tell me about the big bang"
& the sun said “it hurts to become."
Andrea Gibson, "I Sing The Body Electric; Especially When My Power Is Out"
  Send a message via MSN to Coffee.  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
CorrieUSMC Offline
Ghost Rider
Experienced TeenHelper
******
 
CorrieUSMC's Avatar
 
Name: Corrie
Gender: Attack helicopter
Location: New York

Posts: 666
Join Date: August 26th 2012

Re: Not happy with this injustice - December 15th 2012, 10:23 PM

Hi Stephen,
I'm sorry you feel that way.
-I promise you that TeenHelp Staff will look into the matter.
If you need a question answered, I can do my best. PM or VM me and I'll try my best.

Thank you,
Corrie


   
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
dr2005 Offline
Legal Beagle
I can't get enough
*********
 
dr2005's Avatar
 
Name: Dave
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Location: UK

Posts: 2,221
Join Date: February 14th 2010

Re: Not happy with this injustice - December 15th 2012, 10:24 PM

As a general point, I'd recommend reading this as a general guide to what the Current Events and Debates forum tends to be like. It's not for the faint hearted.

On a more particular note, I am sorry to hear you feel that you have been treated this way on the forum. Despite the fact debates get heated quite frequently and quickly on here, we all have the right to be accorded basic respect and tolerance as per the Terms of Use. What I would say is that your best course of action in dealing with this is to report the posts in question in which you feel you have been attacked to the moderators, so that they can look into it and take whatever action they feel is appropriate.

Hope that's of some help and that your experience is more positive from this point onwards.


"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." - Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom

However bleak things seem, however insurmountable the darkness appears, remember that you have worth and nothing can take that away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMFG!You'reActuallySmart! View Post
If you're referring to dr2005's response, it's not complex, however, he has a way with words .
RIP Nick
   
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
thebigmole Offline
Member
I've been here a while
********
 
thebigmole's Avatar
 
Name: Taylor
Age: 30
Gender: Female
Location: Orlando, Fl

Posts: 1,668
Join Date: January 31st 2009

Re: Not happy with this injustice - December 15th 2012, 10:32 PM

Alrighty Stephen. below is EVERY single insult you have spewed at me and other posters. Please inform us of the insults directed at you, I would love to know what they were. But while you're at it, since you're looking for an apology and all you might want to apologize for saying all of this
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen100 View Post
I only reply to realistic comments. I don't waste my time replying to people who spew insults and use silly, unrealistic arguments.


There is no point refuting you because your mind is completely closed. If something does not agree with your opinion you just don't listen. I only discuss things with people who are open minded.


Do I expect someone as rigid and arrogant as you to accept this as a possibility? Not at all. My job is to share the truth and leave the rest up to the individual to decide what to believe. I don't waste my time with closed minded people.


I don't need to justify myself to some arrogant student.


Oh I forgot, you're an atheist. Atheists don't believe in morality. They have chosen hell.


If you're an atheist, it makes sense that you would support the sexual perversion of male gynecologists. Atheism is obsessed with sexual perversion. No wonder you defend male gynecologists. It all makes sense now.


Women don't get it!


Still posting more drivel I see.


This is why women were not allowed to vote for so long. They cannot handle power. Telling someone that they are posting drivel, when they clearly are, should not be regarded as offensive. You're acting like a little child. So go on, give me another warning. Bring it on. I'm waiting


Well, if you're an atheist, acting like a animal is "normal," so I wouldn't expect you to have a problem with it.


But like I've said, if you're an atheist then it's all part of being a "animal"
What I will apologize for is if you consider this post to be bullying. It's merely evidence against you're complaint. I have never insulted you, though you've said I have on several occasions you haven't been able to tell me what I said that you considered an insult. So I won't apologize for an insult I never wrote. So this post is in defense of myself, not on attack on you.


"For Ignorance killed the cat, Curiosity was framed." -Caitlin McGrath

"For this thing we call failure is not the falling down, but the staying down." -Mary Pickford

"But the music's so happy!" -Little Sally: Urinetown

"If our own policies aren't supporting equality then what are we fighting for?"- Kathy Griffin

Last edited by thebigmole; December 16th 2012 at 11:05 AM.
   
2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Maverick. Offline
Deep Thinker
I've been here a while
********
 
Maverick.'s Avatar
 
Name: Anthony
Age: 28
Gender: Male
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 1,133
Join Date: February 23rd 2011

Re: Not happy with this injustice - December 16th 2012, 07:22 AM

I'm going to move this to a more appropriate forum.


You've had a landscaper and a house keeper since you were born
The sunshine always kept you warm.
   
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
i_like_black Offline
Awesomesauce.
Experienced TeenHelper
******
 
i_like_black's Avatar
 
Name: Jess
Age: 31
Gender: Boobs and pubes
Location: Right here.

Posts: 683
Blog Entries: 349
Join Date: February 23rd 2010

Re: Not happy with this injustice - December 16th 2012, 08:06 AM

I did a brief look over your threads and posts, stephen100.

I'd like to emphasize what dr2005 has already said - Current Events & Debates can get heated. If you can't handle the heat, stay out of the kitchen. Or at least, don't respond like a butthurt 12 year old.

Sometimes people's opinions will differ from yours. People do not have to agree with how you think or how you feel - everybody here is autonomous, and is welcome to express their opinion.

If you start a thread about a topic that is likely to get a lot of views and a lot of strong reactions (like, for example, abortion) then you are going to have some people insulting you, and some people agreeing with you, and some people who validate their information and cite their sources. Generally, if you generalise in Current Events & Debates and cannot provide evidence for your "facts", many people who take that forum seriously aren't going to take you seriously, and if your reactions to them involve strong emotional content, they make think you are quite simply trolling.

If you feel mistreated or bullied, then you need to contact staff about the member(s) in question, talk to the complaints/disputes committee and get it sorted out through the appropriate channels, instead of starting a thread like this and giving people like me a reason to check your history and come to the conclusion of "butthurt kid".

Thanks.
   
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Validity Offline
Member
I can't get enough
*********
 
Validity's Avatar
 
Name: Jay
Age: 22
Gender: Female
Location: In the deep, dark, treacherous place called my mind. Oh and Australia!

Posts: 2,459
Blog Entries: 23
Join Date: August 23rd 2012

Re: Not happy with this injustice - December 16th 2012, 09:18 AM

Hey there,

I might add, the third last insult that Taylor posted was directed to me after I gave him a warning against insulting Taylor (see the drivel comment), I reminded him not to use derogatory terms towards other uses.
I gave you a warning, I said it politely, if you believe you deserve an apology for giving you a warning and then you continue to insult me, then I'm sorry. Also, you may not say sorry, but I forgive you anyway.
I am sorry, Stephen.


Jay.


Buddy since 18/11/12 LiveHelp Operator since 22/12/12 Add me on Facebook Jay Louise Shorrock!
A whisper in the dark; is better than silence in the light. -Courtesy of your's truly.
My blog is open to all, those whom are easily triggered avoid, it's a story about a girl and her life and how far she has come over the years. If you read it, I hope it inspires you to keep fighting and to NEVER give up!

When you can no longer think of a reason to continue, you must think of a reason to start over.
   
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
Prof.Engrish Offline
愛してる
Senior TeenHelper
*******
 
Prof.Engrish's Avatar
 
Age: 26
Gender: Male
Location: USA

Posts: 943
Blog Entries: 3
Join Date: April 27th 2010

Re: Not happy with this injustice - December 16th 2012, 11:23 AM

Stephen,

We all are not showing favortism/sexism. The reasons why you receive warnings is really because how of inappropriate you can get; like those comments from Taylor.

In particular, debating often times can get really, really heated and its normal for us to get really mad but really calling other people "animals" and other hurtful words is NOT how to debate nor is it enjoyable to anyone.

And like also like other users have said before debating is not for the weak or those who get offended (butt-hurt) really easily.


"This is 10% Luck, 20% Skill, 15% Concentrated Power of Will, 5% Pleasure, 15% Pain; And a 100% reason to remember the name!"
Buddy/Live Help Operator/Technology and Gaming & Current Event and Debates Forum Moderator
PM/VM
  Send a message via AIM to Prof.Engrish  
2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
JohnCoop Offline
Member
Average Joe
***
 
JohnCoop's Avatar
 
Name: John W. Cooper
Age: 25
Gender: Dude
Location: TEXAS!!!!

Posts: 160
Join Date: May 10th 2012

Re: Not happy with this injustice - December 16th 2012, 02:11 PM

Okay, sorry if this is mean, Stephen, but....

It's hard to sound credible while playing the 'sexism' card when you're posting stuff like this: "
This is why women were not allowed to vote for so long. They cannot handle power."

I could quote all of the other things you have said but it would take too long.


You're being a hypocrite. That's not how I see it, that's the way it is.

The dictionary definition of a hypocrite is, "Someone who acts in contradiction to his or her stated beliefs or feelings"

You stated that you are experiencing sexism and injustice when you were dishing out the same style of injustice and sexism earlier and that = hypocrisy.

Definition of Hypocrisy: The act of engaging in hypocritical actions

Cooper

Last edited by JohnCoop; December 16th 2012 at 02:46 PM.
   
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
Stephen100 Offline
Banned
Average Joe
***
 
Stephen100's Avatar
 

Posts: 105
Join Date: May 23rd 2012

Re: Not happy with this injustice - December 17th 2012, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoiattolo View Post
Stephen,

We all are not showing favortism/sexism. The reasons why you receive warnings is really because how of inappropriate you can get; like those comments from Taylor.

In particular, debating often times can get really, really heated and its normal for us to get really mad but really calling other people "animals" and other hurtful words is NOT how to debate nor is it enjoyable to anyone.

And like also like other users have said before debating is not for the weak or those who get offended (butt-hurt) really easily.
In the past I've had atheists tell me that humans ARE animals. If atheists truly believe that humans are animals, then why is it offensive to refer to atheists as animals? I don't get it

And I can take the heat in a debate. What bothers me is when people can't handle the truth being told so they have to report me in order to have me silenced. It's like being back in junior school where if you say something a little "offensive" the child will grass you up to the teacher. I just wish people would grow up a bit and not be so offended at the word "drivel" or "animal."
   
  (#12 (permalink)) Old
CorrieUSMC Offline
Ghost Rider
Experienced TeenHelper
******
 
CorrieUSMC's Avatar
 
Name: Corrie
Gender: Attack helicopter
Location: New York

Posts: 666
Join Date: August 26th 2012

Re: Not happy with this injustice - December 17th 2012, 09:45 AM

Definition of "Drivel"
1: to talk stupidly and carelessly

And When most people say "Animal" they go on how they are barbaric. How come people shouldn't be offended? Instead of staying on the debate, you're doing personal attacks on people. And Technically, Humans are Animals. We're a species. But self-control is what makes us Humans rather then barbaric Apes.


   
  (#13 (permalink)) Old
Stephen100 Offline
Banned
Average Joe
***
 
Stephen100's Avatar
 

Posts: 105
Join Date: May 23rd 2012

Re: Not happy with this injustice - December 17th 2012, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorrieUSMC View Post
Definition of "Drivel"
1: to talk stupidly and carelessly

And When most people say "Animal" they go on how they are barbaric. How come people shouldn't be offended? Instead of staying on the debate, you're doing personal attacks on people. And Technically, Humans are Animals. We're a species. But self-control is what makes us Humans rather then barbaric Apes.
If atheists think they are really animals then referring to them as animals should not offend them. The reason it offends them is because deep down they don't truly believe that they are animals. And if someone does talk stupid, then what's wrong with calling it drivel? Are people so sensitive that the word "drivel" cannot be said without being reported? We might as well go back to the children's playground.
   
  (#14 (permalink)) Old
CorrieUSMC Offline
Ghost Rider
Experienced TeenHelper
******
 
CorrieUSMC's Avatar
 
Name: Corrie
Gender: Attack helicopter
Location: New York

Posts: 666
Join Date: August 26th 2012

Re: Not happy with this injustice - December 17th 2012, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen100 View Post
If atheists think they are really animals then referring to them as animals should not offend them. The reason it offends them is because deep down they don't truly believe that they are animals. And if someone does talk stupid, then what's wrong with calling it drivel? Are people so sensitive that the word "drivel" cannot be said without being reported? We might as well go back to the children's playground.
Well, you got reported for that and all the other nice things you've said to people. Like I said before though, I'm not a Atheist, I'm a Pagan.


   
  (#15 (permalink)) Old
Validity Offline
Member
I can't get enough
*********
 
Validity's Avatar
 
Name: Jay
Age: 22
Gender: Female
Location: In the deep, dark, treacherous place called my mind. Oh and Australia!

Posts: 2,459
Blog Entries: 23
Join Date: August 23rd 2012

Re: Not happy with this injustice - December 17th 2012, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen100 View Post
If atheists think they are really animals then referring to them as animals should not offend them. The reason it offends them is because deep down they don't truly believe that they are animals. And if someone does talk stupid, then what's wrong with calling it drivel? Are people so sensitive that the word "drivel" cannot be said without being reported? We might as well go back to the children's playground.
Hey there,

I wasn't going to dignify this with a response but seeing as how Corrie has, I might as well add my two cents.
On Teenhelp, we aim to bring people up and to respect their words. If you have a problem, keep it to yourself, you have control of what you say on here, seeing as it IS online and you can think about what you type, unlike in reality when you spit something out in haste and cannot take it back, gone and never forgotten.
If you THINK what somebody posts is drivel, useless, etc etc, then keep it to yourself. If you see somebody on facebook complaining about life and then it turns out they didn't get what they wanted, you don't tell her friend to grow up and that there are other people whom are suffering worse, you be supportive and say well maybe another year?
It may have been the debates forum, but you respect their post and their opinions, if you were sitting in a debating hall you don't stand up and yell 'bull, you're opinion is invalid due to this and this and this clause right here'. You confront it and inject what YOU think.
If you don't like it, well the rules are there for a reason.

Big hug

Jay.


Buddy since 18/11/12 LiveHelp Operator since 22/12/12 Add me on Facebook Jay Louise Shorrock!
A whisper in the dark; is better than silence in the light. -Courtesy of your's truly.
My blog is open to all, those whom are easily triggered avoid, it's a story about a girl and her life and how far she has come over the years. If you read it, I hope it inspires you to keep fighting and to NEVER give up!

When you can no longer think of a reason to continue, you must think of a reason to start over.
   
  (#16 (permalink)) Old
thebigmole Offline
Member
I've been here a while
********
 
thebigmole's Avatar
 
Name: Taylor
Age: 30
Gender: Female
Location: Orlando, Fl

Posts: 1,668
Join Date: January 31st 2009

Re: Not happy with this injustice - December 17th 2012, 01:47 PM

I notice that Stephen still hasn't been able to bring up any insults that have ever been said against him.


"For Ignorance killed the cat, Curiosity was framed." -Caitlin McGrath

"For this thing we call failure is not the falling down, but the staying down." -Mary Pickford

"But the music's so happy!" -Little Sally: Urinetown

"If our own policies aren't supporting equality then what are we fighting for?"- Kathy Griffin
   
2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#17 (permalink)) Old
Prof.Engrish Offline
愛してる
Senior TeenHelper
*******
 
Prof.Engrish's Avatar
 
Age: 26
Gender: Male
Location: USA

Posts: 943
Blog Entries: 3
Join Date: April 27th 2010

Re: Not happy with this injustice - December 17th 2012, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen100 View Post
And I can take the heat in a debate. What bothers me is when people can't handle the truth being told so they have to report me in order to have me silenced. It's like being back in junior school where if you say something a little "offensive" the child will grass you up to the teacher. I just wish people would grow up a bit and not be so offended at the word "drivel" or "animal."
Like we all said stephen name calling like "animal" and "drivel" is NOT the way to debate; doing so only causes tension to build up. Take for example the presendential debates, did you ever hear Obama call romney an animal because he doesn't agree with him? Could you imagine what would result if that happened?


"This is 10% Luck, 20% Skill, 15% Concentrated Power of Will, 5% Pleasure, 15% Pain; And a 100% reason to remember the name!"
Buddy/Live Help Operator/Technology and Gaming & Current Event and Debates Forum Moderator
PM/VM
  Send a message via AIM to Prof.Engrish  
  (#18 (permalink)) Old
Voldermorts Stalker
I can't get enough
*********
 
WhisperingSilence's Avatar
 
Age: 29
Gender: Female
Location: where ever the coffee is

Posts: 3,466
Blog Entries: 1474
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Re: Not happy with this injustice - December 18th 2012, 07:57 AM

Having your own views is fine but it's how you put those views across that seems to be the problem, if you are calling other users names they are going to report you, they are going to be annoyed with you. This site is built on respect and for most people this site is their safe place.

I get that in the debates forums there's lots of different debates. You can still debate but maybe put something like ' This is my view' ?



BADGER BADGER BADGER.........MUSHROOM!!!
Videos team
, articles team and helplink mentor and associate live help operator.
   
  (#19 (permalink)) Old
Coffee. Offline
Condom Queen
TeenHelp Addict
************
 
Coffee.'s Avatar
 
Name: Traci
Age: 26
Gender: she/her/hers
Location: North Carolina

Posts: 8,147
Blog Entries: 639
Join Date: October 29th 2009

Re: Not happy with this injustice - December 18th 2012, 08:26 AM

Maturity comes from being able to have a debate without calling anybody names, regardless of if they "should" or "shouldn't" be offended by it. The fact that you are focused on that shows that you have learned nothing from your warnings and overall have very little respect for others. Regardless of what religion you are, you shouldn't think of yourself so highly if you can't even pay others respect in a silly debate to not call them names and insult their beliefs. This may come off as harsh, but I really hope that you can look at these messages and understand that you have some growing up to do.


I said to the sun, "Tell me about the big bang"
& the sun said “it hurts to become."
Andrea Gibson, "I Sing The Body Electric; Especially When My Power Is Out"
  Send a message via MSN to Coffee.  
  (#20 (permalink)) Old
Validity Offline
Member
I can't get enough
*********
 
Validity's Avatar
 
Name: Jay
Age: 22
Gender: Female
Location: In the deep, dark, treacherous place called my mind. Oh and Australia!

Posts: 2,459
Blog Entries: 23
Join Date: August 23rd 2012

Re: Not happy with this injustice - December 18th 2012, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterpiece View Post
Maturity comes from being able to have a debate without calling anybody names, regardless of if they "should" or "shouldn't" be offended by it. The fact that you are focused on that shows that you have learned nothing from your warnings and overall have very little respect for others. Regardless of what religion you are, you shouldn't think of yourself so highly if you can't even pay others respect in a silly debate to not call them names and insult their beliefs. This may come off as harsh, but I really hope that you can look at these messages and understand that you have some growing up to do.
I love this.

And may I just say, with Christian's, there is ALWAYS room to grow, room to develop, we grow stronger when our faith is tested, and we help others to grow as well by being good role models. If you act like this, it's giving Christian's a bad rap, it's showing them that we think we are "holier than art thou" sort of thing, which we don't, we should see everybody as equals and think 'there is always an opening'. Just read about the seed going to bad soil, rocky outcrops, and onto the worn path and then on good soil. Yes, some are stubborn but with god's help even amongst the weeks can a love for the almighty creator come across! You really should think about your actions an think if your actions/words are truly christian or are you just kidding yourself as you say I am?

Jay. (P.S. Masterpiece, sorry, I seem to have stolen your colour, I'll find a new one soon )


Buddy since 18/11/12 LiveHelp Operator since 22/12/12 Add me on Facebook Jay Louise Shorrock!
A whisper in the dark; is better than silence in the light. -Courtesy of your's truly.
My blog is open to all, those whom are easily triggered avoid, it's a story about a girl and her life and how far she has come over the years. If you read it, I hope it inspires you to keep fighting and to NEVER give up!

When you can no longer think of a reason to continue, you must think of a reason to start over.
   
  (#21 (permalink)) Old
Stephen100 Offline
Banned
Average Joe
***
 
Stephen100's Avatar
 

Posts: 105
Join Date: May 23rd 2012

Re: Not happy with this injustice - December 18th 2012, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoiattolo View Post


Like we all said stephen name calling like "animal" and "drivel" is NOT the way to debate; doing so only causes tension to build up. Take for example the presendential debates, did you ever hear Obama call romney an animal because he doesn't agree with him? Could you imagine what would result if that happened?
I'm not sure if you read my previous comments, but I mentioned that it's the atheists themselves who believe they are animals. If they claim that humans are animals, then how can they be offended if someone refers to them as such? And if someone posts a pack of lies, then why is it wrong to call it drivel? This is just political correctness gone mad.
   
  (#22 (permalink)) Old
CorrieUSMC Offline
Ghost Rider
Experienced TeenHelper
******
 
CorrieUSMC's Avatar
 
Name: Corrie
Gender: Attack helicopter
Location: New York

Posts: 666
Join Date: August 26th 2012

Re: Not happy with this injustice - December 18th 2012, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen100 View Post
I'm not sure if you read my previous comments, but I mentioned that it's the atheists themselves who believe they are animals. If they claim that humans are animals, then how can they be offended if someone refers to them as such? And if someone posts a pack of lies, then why is it wrong to call it drivel? This is just political correctness gone mad.
So how come you think you have a right to sue for "sexism" when you, yourself have been sexist?
Quote:
Women don't get it!




This is why women were not allowed to vote for so long. They cannot handle power. Telling someone that they are posting drivel, when they clearly are, should not be regarded as offensive. You're acting like a little child. So go on, give me another warning. Bring it on. I'm waiting
I'm sorry Stephen, I try not to hold anything against anyone. But your sir, are being sexist. How can you do the c rime, but claim its being done to you and then throw the "I'm going to sue" card? I mean seriously? Grow up a little. This "Sue Happy America" is half the reason why the United States is on its last legs. So come on Stephen, lets just be civil and move on!

-Corrie


   
  (#23 (permalink)) Old
Voldermorts Stalker
I can't get enough
*********
 
WhisperingSilence's Avatar
 
Age: 29
Gender: Female
Location: where ever the coffee is

Posts: 3,466
Blog Entries: 1474
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Re: Not happy with this injustice - December 18th 2012, 09:36 AM

Because calling someone an animal is offensive ? And telling someone that their belief is 'drivel' is insulting their believes. We're more than happy to have you on this forum but you need to respect other peoples beliefs and treat people with respect. My mum always told me this ' Think before you speak, is it kind, will it offend or upset someone, if the answer is yes don't say it'. I'm sure if you respect others peoples views and beliefs they will respect yours after all respect is a sort of two way thing. Treat others how you wish to be treated.



BADGER BADGER BADGER.........MUSHROOM!!!
Videos team
, articles team and helplink mentor and associate live help operator.
   
  (#24 (permalink)) Old
Validity Offline
Member
I can't get enough
*********
 
Validity's Avatar
 
Name: Jay
Age: 22
Gender: Female
Location: In the deep, dark, treacherous place called my mind. Oh and Australia!

Posts: 2,459
Blog Entries: 23
Join Date: August 23rd 2012

Re: Not happy with this injustice - December 18th 2012, 09:40 AM

HEY!

Did he call me a child! I didn't see that! That Sir, is uncalled for!.... That IS offensive because I have always prided myself (figure of speech, not actually proud of myself or anything for that matters) on being mature for my age. I had to grow up at a young age, when I was 8 to be exact. So, I am really offended at being called a "child"...

Jay.


Buddy since 18/11/12 LiveHelp Operator since 22/12/12 Add me on Facebook Jay Louise Shorrock!
A whisper in the dark; is better than silence in the light. -Courtesy of your's truly.
My blog is open to all, those whom are easily triggered avoid, it's a story about a girl and her life and how far she has come over the years. If you read it, I hope it inspires you to keep fighting and to NEVER give up!

When you can no longer think of a reason to continue, you must think of a reason to start over.
   
  (#25 (permalink)) Old
Coffee. Offline
Condom Queen
TeenHelp Addict
************
 
Coffee.'s Avatar
 
Name: Traci
Age: 26
Gender: she/her/hers
Location: North Carolina

Posts: 8,147
Blog Entries: 639
Join Date: October 29th 2009

Re: Not happy with this injustice - December 18th 2012, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen100 View Post
I'm not sure if you read my previous comments, but I mentioned that it's the atheists themselves who believe they are animals. If they claim that humans are animals, then how can they be offended if someone refers to them as such? And if someone posts a pack of lies, then why is it wrong to call it drivel? This is just political correctness gone mad.
Hi there, atheist here, let me answer your completely off topic tangent since you won't get off of it. I believe, as science has proved so it's hard to call it a rare-opinion, that we are part of the animal kingdom, particularly a mammal, particularly a primate. However, the definition of animal includes, among the regular definition:

Quote:
an·i·mal [an-uh-muh l]
noun
5. an inhuman person; brutish or beastlike person
And for reference

Quote:
in·hu·mane [in-hyoo-meyn or, often, -yoo-]
adjective
not humane; lacking humanity, kindness, compassion, etc.
So by saying this, you are not calling me (an atheist), a part of the animal kingdom, since that would not insult me. You are calling me unkind, unruly and not compassionate, and this is offensive. I find it absurd that I even have to justify this to you since you know exactly what you are saying, but are choosing to be rude. Very nice for somebody who thinks so much higher than me, morally.

Next of your ridiculous claims, if somebody posts a pack of lies, report them. There is to be no false information on this site. However, check thyself before you break thyself. You've been repeatingly posting uncited and overall incorrect information on TeenHelp, and as I just said, this is against Code of Conduct. If you are waving a statistic in people's face, you must get it from a source, you cannot just make up numbers to fit your stereotypes of women and sexuality. Cite real sources, or you two shall be fitting of your own insult.


I said to the sun, "Tell me about the big bang"
& the sun said “it hurts to become."
Andrea Gibson, "I Sing The Body Electric; Especially When My Power Is Out"
  Send a message via MSN to Coffee.  
4 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#26 (permalink)) Old
thebigmole Offline
Member
I've been here a while
********
 
thebigmole's Avatar
 
Name: Taylor
Age: 30
Gender: Female
Location: Orlando, Fl

Posts: 1,668
Join Date: January 31st 2009

Re: Not happy with this injustice - December 18th 2012, 10:15 AM

Because the comment was directed at me I would like people to see the post that was apparently a "pack of lies"

"Infedelity and sexual perversion are at the same levels they always been. It's just that now with the media we know more about it. But in the 70s being a swinger was huge. Men used to cheat on their wives all of the time, and they still do it's just that now women have more of a backbone when it comes to calling them out on it. I don't think relationships are dead. I also don't think that marriage is necessary for a long monogamous relationship. There are plenty of people out there that believe in monogamy but that don't believe in marriage. Also when a good percentage of the population isn't even allowed to get married, I don't see how you can complain."


"For Ignorance killed the cat, Curiosity was framed." -Caitlin McGrath

"For this thing we call failure is not the falling down, but the staying down." -Mary Pickford

"But the music's so happy!" -Little Sally: Urinetown

"If our own policies aren't supporting equality then what are we fighting for?"- Kathy Griffin
   
  (#27 (permalink)) Old
Jack Lowden Offline
Afternoon.
Outside, huh?
**********
 
Jack Lowden's Avatar
 
Age: 27
Gender: Female
Location: FOR IRAW!!! ;)

Posts: 3,936
Join Date: March 16th 2012

Re: Not happy with this injustice - December 18th 2012, 02:33 PM

Hey guys,

I'm closing this thread because it's become more of a "he said, she said" argument & has become offensive to others.

Stephen, I'm sorry you feel this way. If you feel as though others have been out of line with you, feel free to report them here. If you believe you've been mistreated by any staff members, report them here. & Lastly, if you believe that you've been reported for things you don't think you did wrong, feel free to fill out this form here.

Hope you get things figured out.



   
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Tags
happy, injustice

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




All material copyright ©1998-2019, TeenHelp.
Terms | Legal | Privacy | Conduct | Complaints

Powered by vBulletin®.
Copyright ©2000-2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search engine optimization by vBSEO.
Theme developed in association with vBStyles.