TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General For questions or discussions that do not fit elsewhere, post here. Please check all forum descriptions before posting here to be sure there is not a better location for your thread.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Validity Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Jay
Location: In the deep, dark, treacherous place called my mind. Oh and Australia!

For all you coffee drinkers out there - December 19th 2012, 01:44 AM

Okay, guys, I'm only a new coffee drinker, I stick with iced coffee because it is summer and way too hot for that. Anyway, whenever I drink it, I just feel really, really ill! Right now, for example I really think I may just vomit it back up! Does it have something to do with serve size? Or is it just me? Did this happen to anybody else when they started drinking coffee?

Thanks, and feel free to move this,

Jay.

Buddy since 18/11/12 LiveHelp Operator since 22/12/12 Add me on Facebook Jay Louise Shorrock!
A whisper in the dark; is better than silence in the light. -Courtesy of your's truly.
My blog is open to all, those whom are easily triggered avoid, it's a story about a girl and her life and how far she has come over the years. If you read it, I hope it inspires you to keep fighting and to NEVER give up!

When you can no longer think of a reason to continue, you must think of a reason to start over.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
TheNumber42 Offline
Dolan
I can't get enough

Name: Cody

Re: For all you coffee drinkers out there - December 19th 2012, 01:51 AM

It doesn't happen to me with coffee, but when I've accidentally overdosed on caffeine pills, I got pretty nauseous. Could just be that you are really sensitive to caffeine.

~Cody

Normal User

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Validity Offline
I can't get enough

Location: In the deep, dark, treacherous place called my mind. Oh and Australia!

Re: For all you coffee drinkers out there - December 19th 2012, 01:54 AM

Thanks for the quick reply. I have at least 700 mills of coffee, but I start feeling ill after half a cup.... this pisses me off... I like coffee...

Jay.

Buddy since 18/11/12 LiveHelp Operator since 22/12/12 Add me on Facebook Jay Louise Shorrock!
A whisper in the dark; is better than silence in the light. -Courtesy of your's truly.
My blog is open to all, those whom are easily triggered avoid, it's a story about a girl and her life and how far she has come over the years. If you read it, I hope it inspires you to keep fighting and to NEVER give up!

When you can no longer think of a reason to continue, you must think of a reason to start over.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
SparklingWine Offline
Normality, my friends.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Lynds :)

Re: For all you coffee drinkers out there - December 19th 2012, 02:15 AM

Okay. I'm a barista so I'll help

First, what specific drink are you getting? What size? And how many shots of espresso? Or is it just drip coffee you're drinking. Too much caffeine paired with sugar paired with milk can upset your stomach. I can provide more advice if I knew your typical drink

Send a message via AIM to SparklingWine Send a message via MSN to SparklingWine  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Validity Offline
I can't get enough

Re: For all you coffee drinkers out there - December 19th 2012, 02:19 AM

It's homemade, usually I have 6 large scoops of icecream and the leftover from plunger coffee mum has.

Jay.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Coffee. Offline
Condom Queen
TeenHelp Addict

Name: Traci

Re: For all you coffee drinkers out there - December 19th 2012, 06:15 AM

Honestly, you're blaming the coffee, but I'd suspect the ice cream. Many people are mildly lactose intolerant, so having milk in their cereal is fine, but large servings of milk like that would upset their stomach. I personally could not have that much ice cream, along with an acidic beverage, in one serving without feeling sick. Try just having it iced with a bit of cream (or milk) and sugar. you may also want to try dairy altnernatives.

I said to the sun, "Tell me about the big bang"
& the sun said “it hurts to become."
Andrea Gibson, "I Sing The Body Electric; Especially When My Power Is Out"
  Send a message via MSN to Coffee.  
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Validity Offline
I can't get enough

Re: For all you coffee drinkers out there - December 19th 2012, 06:25 AM

Hey there,

I'm not lactosse intolerant, I usually drink half a container of milk a day, and have about that much ice cream once a week (usually in iced coffee but sometimes without).
And I've been having ice cream for years, I know some things to tend to hit even after having it for so long but I doubt this is the case, haha. It might have been a combination of stress and too much coffee haha.

Jay.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Prof.Engrish Offline
愛してる
Senior TeenHelper

Re: For all you coffee drinkers out there - December 19th 2012, 06:40 AM

I would have the same thing when I first started!

I found that its prob too much caffeine mixed with dairy which makes you "throw it back up". Try to possibly turn slowly get used to the caffeine, for example try drink half a cup and see how you are from there!

"This is 10% Luck, 20% Skill, 15% Concentrated Power of Will, 5% Pleasure, 15% Pain; And a 100% reason to remember the name!"
Buddy/Live Help Operator/Technology and Gaming & Current Event and Debates Forum Moderator
PM/VM
  Send a message via AIM to Prof.Engrish  
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
CorrieUSMC Offline
Ghost Rider
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Corrie

Re: For all you coffee drinkers out there - December 19th 2012, 06:43 AM

You're not having it Black. That's the problem

It may just be you're sensitive to caffeine though. How many scoops does your mom put when she brews the coffee?

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Validity Offline
I can't get enough

Re: For all you coffee drinkers out there - December 19th 2012, 09:10 PM

Thanks Scottialo, I started out with perhaps three sips, and only now since I'm nearly 16 am I allowed to have a mug.. or two.. haha, I'm coffee addicted, and usually mum doesn't want any when I make it so I get it to myself and I skull the first half to put the rest of it in. That actually may be my problem... haha. Probably need to slow down.

As stated above in my post, Corrie, I brew my own coffee, I don't put milk in it, I put just under a quarter of coffee in to fit a blender (haha, don't know how many mills :P really have to ask).
Now I'm craving coffee! Screw it, i'm getting some.

Jay.

(#11 (permalink)) Old
hopefuldreamer Offline
lost in wonderland
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Tonya

Re: For all you coffee drinkers out there - December 20th 2012, 03:25 AM

Jay,
you may be mixing to much ice cream with your coffee to large of an amount of sugar mixed with caffeine will make you sick try a little less ice cream next time.

Buddy since 11/17/12 Live Help Operator since 1/27/13 HelpLINK Mentor since 6/30/13
Email: tgentry7712@gmail.com send me an email if you want to.

Tumblr ecaepevolhgualevil
  Send a message via Skype™ to hopefuldreamer 
  (#12 (permalink)) Old
Validity Offline
I can't get enough

Re: For all you coffee drinkers out there - December 20th 2012, 05:27 AM

I have 250 mills of coffe per serving, and I had even more ice cream than usual and DIDN'T feel ill afterwards Yay.

But I do seem to experience som vertigo and darkening at the corners of my vision when I don't have coffee. Any ideas?
Also, Corrie, didn't see the having coffee black part, haha, I haven't tried hot coffee yet and probs won't try black until I'm in college and having more sleepless nights than I am now

Jay.

(#13 (permalink)) Old
Evanescent Offline
Love Is The Movement
I've been here a while

Name: Nicole (Nikki)

Re: For all you coffee drinkers out there - December 21st 2012, 04:38 AM

Jay,
The symptoms you go through when you haven't had coffee in awhile is caffeine withdrawl.

"Shoot for the moon, even if you miss you'll land among the stars."

"For those who don't care, for those who can't see, never give up, always thrive to be free."

Smile, you are beautiful www.operationbeautiful.com

Blessed Be!
Nicole AKA Nikki
Artist, Poet, and Future Social Worker

(#14 (permalink)) Old
Validity Offline
I can't get enough

Re: For all you coffee drinkers out there - December 21st 2012, 06:52 AM

It's usually in the morning though, I'm fine throughout the day and the crash is hard and when I wake up and stand I nearly passout, does it have something to do with my insomnia? Or could it be affected by my coffee use?

Jay.

(#15 (permalink)) Old
Evanescent Offline
Love Is The Movement
I've been here a while

Name: Nicole (Nikki)

Re: For all you coffee drinkers out there - December 22nd 2012, 04:18 AM

I still honestly believe it's due to the lack of having coffee.

"Shoot for the moon, even if you miss you'll land among the stars."

"For those who don't care, for those who can't see, never give up, always thrive to be free."

Smile, you are beautiful www.operationbeautiful.com

Blessed Be!
Nicole AKA Nikki
Artist, Poet, and Future Social Worker

(#16 (permalink)) Old
Eternal Offline
Lead Moderator

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Nicole

Re: For all you coffee drinkers out there - December 22nd 2012, 05:50 AM

Actually, you wouldn't be getting withdrawal symptoms if you're only having a cup or two of coffee per day. Caffeine really only stays in your system for a couple of hours, and it takes a LOT to really have a big effect on your system. There are some people out there who are actually addicted to caffeine (they are vulnerable to withdrawal symptoms) and most of them drink several cups a day.
That being said, it is not due to not having coffee. If you have insomnia, then I think that's probably the cause as lack of sleep can cause for dizziness and fainting, along with not eating enough potassium. Try having a banana in the morning and see if that helps.

And here you are living, despite it all.
Lead Moderator | Disputes Committee | HelpLINK Mentor

(#17 (permalink)) Old
Validity Offline
I can't get enough

Re: For all you coffee drinkers out there - December 22nd 2012, 06:50 AM

Hey there,

Thanks so much for your post Nicole!

A few weeks ago I was craving bananas solely for the potassium but I haven't had cravings since. I know I had low potassium but don't think I do anymore I had coffee today and only felt ill while drinking it and then afterwards felt fine.

Jay.

(#18 (permalink)) Old
Eternal Offline
Lead Moderator

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Nicole

Re: For all you coffee drinkers out there - December 22nd 2012, 04:59 PM

Have you checked the expatriation date for your coffee? How are you storing it? If the coffee has gone bad, that could be why it's causing you to get ill. Have you tried brewing a different kind of coffee?

And here you are living, despite it all.
Lead Moderator | Disputes Committee | HelpLINK Mentor

(#19 (permalink)) Old
Validity Offline
I can't get enough

Re: For all you coffee drinkers out there - December 23rd 2012, 09:48 PM

Hey there,

Mum has the same coffee and nothing happens to her Pretty sure mum has it in the fridge, don't know though.

Jay.

(#20 (permalink)) Old
Every note makes up a symphony
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Kat

Re: For all you coffee drinkers out there - December 23rd 2012, 09:49 PM

I always feel nauseous if I drink coffee on an empty stomach. Also, do you put milk in your coffee? Diluting it a bit helps. That's why iced coffee is easier to digest, there's lots of water melting in it!

"It is better to light one candle than to curse the darkness"-Chinese Proverb

Piano, Flute, Bassoon, Acoustic Guitar, Cello, Electric Guitar

LiveHelp Operator August 13th, 2012 General Forum ModeratorDecember 22, 2012 Videos Officer March 19th 2013

(#21 (permalink)) Old
Validity Offline
I can't get enough

Re: For all you coffee drinkers out there - December 23rd 2012, 09:51 PM

Thanks,
I actually don't eat before having iced coffee but sometimes when I'm eating during it still makes me feel ill...

Jay.

(#22 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Name: Mitch

Re: For all you coffee drinkers out there - December 24th 2012, 12:54 PM

I had the same problem.
I'd drink 10 cups of instant coffee with milk and 2 sugars a day. I then stopped completely and switched to tea; when I went back to coffee, the smallest sip would make me utterly sick (sometimes to the point vomitting and nausea). At one point, I too blamed the milk, because I had not changed the brand of coffee in between stopping and starting again. I tested without milk, but had the same side effects. I tested without sugar and milk, and had the same side effects. I tested without sugar but with milk and had the same side effects. I changed brand of coffee and had the same side effects. Honestly, I blamed either a lack of tolerance for caffeine or an allergy to caffeine. Nonetheless, I can consume energy drinks with no side effects. So to be perfectly honest, I never figured out the source of the problem.
Experiment and find out.

Because in the end, it doesn't even matter.

(#23 (permalink)) Old
Validity Offline
I can't get enough

Re: For all you coffee drinkers out there - December 25th 2012, 12:39 AM

Thanks Mitch

drinking iced coffee right now to be honest. So addicted.
I am only slightly nauseated so I think I'm getting used to consuming coffee

But, I will be testing an instant coffee soon to see if there is a difference.

Jay.

Closed Thread