TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General For questions or discussions that do not fit elsewhere, post here. Please check all forum descriptions before posting here to be sure there is not a better location for your thread.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
vc85 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Police Searches - December 28th 2012, 10:12 PM

Has anyone had their house searched by the police. Not for something you did, but a time where you were just caught up in a warrant service?

How old were you when that happened? What was it like?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Jack Lowden Offline
Afternoon.
Outside, huh?

Re: Police Searches - December 29th 2012, 01:24 AM

I've had police come & search my backyard this past year at four in the morning because someone they were after ran into my backyard. That's about it though, no warrant or anything. We just gave them our permission to look in our backyard. I was 19.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount17

Edit avatar

Re: Police Searches - December 29th 2012, 03:06 AM

Not a warrant for me or my family or anything but one time when I was about 10 or 11, a Cop came to our backyard and made the "shh" gesture and told us to go inside. I guess they were looking for someone.

~ Christabel

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Validity Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Jay
Location: In the deep, dark, treacherous place called my mind. Oh and Australia!

Re: Police Searches - December 29th 2012, 03:08 AM

When I was quite young I had the police turn up and search our house and made sure I was okay. Apparently mum had a weapon or something and had turned it on me. -shrugs- never happened.

Jay.

Buddy since 18/11/12 LiveHelp Operator since 22/12/12 Add me on Facebook Jay Louise Shorrock!
A whisper in the dark; is better than silence in the light. -Courtesy of your's truly.
My blog is open to all, those whom are easily triggered avoid, it's a story about a girl and her life and how far she has come over the years. If you read it, I hope it inspires you to keep fighting and to NEVER give up!

When you can no longer think of a reason to continue, you must think of a reason to start over.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
i_like_black Offline
Awesomesauce.
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Jess

Re: Police Searches - December 29th 2012, 03:36 AM

Uhm, I've had the police come to my door with a warrant to arrest/detain under the mental health act . . . that was last year, I was 23, but I've never had them search my house.

(If I hadn't been the person opening the door they would have been within their rights to search the property for me though.)

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Greenie Offline
ribbit
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Amy

Re: Police Searches - December 29th 2012, 10:57 AM

Uh, yeah. That's happened.
My aunty was homeless at the time and we were looking for
houses in the city (we lived in the country at the time) so we let her stay at our place while we were gone. My aunt called triple zero on our phone saying she was gonna kill herself, then drove off to another town. The police searched our house and found my mum's prescription pain killers at the time, assumed it was my mum who had called and told all our neighbors (our court was very friendly so we knew everyone) that my mum had vanished and was going to kill herself and to keep a watch out for her, so that wasn't fun o_0

Be like the turtle;
at ease in your own shell.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
The Darkness Offline
Nothing Began Everything
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Raphael

Re: Police Searches - December 29th 2012, 11:05 AM

When I was, like, 4, my dad was throwing plates and beating up my mom and me so my mom called the police and really, I can only remember them looking around the apartment and my dad in handcuffs so I really don't know what happened exactly.

THE POINT OF SINGULARITY IS NOTHING AS NOTHING BEGAN EVERYTHING
PULSING IN THE EXPAND CONSUME WITHOUT BARRIER OR BORDER
IT IS DARK BECAUSE IT IS THE DARKNESS IT IS OVER BECAUSE IT IS THE END
THERE IS NO SENTRY BECAUSE NONE DARE APPROACH
IT HAS NEVER BEEN AND IT IS ALL THAT EVER WAS
AT THE CENTER YOU DO NOT FIND THE ANSWER
YOU DO NOT FIND YOURSELF THERE IS NO CENTER AND THERE IS NO YOU THERE IS ONLY MADNESS
WE ARE ALL HERE NOW.
WE ARE ALL HERE.
WE ARE.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
vc85 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Police Searches - December 29th 2012, 06:17 PM

Has anyone had their house searched like in a raid or search warrant?

(#9 (permalink)) Old
~Divergent~ Offline
Struggling again.
I've been here a while

Name: Hailey

Re: Police Searches - December 29th 2012, 07:35 PM

About a year ago (I was almost 14), I was staying up late finishing an essay in the kitchen (in my pjs, no less), and my dad and I were the only ones awake in the house. At like 11 pm, we heard some really loud knocking on the front door, which is obviously never a good sign that late at night. So my dad went to the door and looked through the peep hole, and there were FIVE cops on our front porch! (All big guys, too. I think maybe they were expecting trouble.) All their cars were parked in front of our house with their lights on and everything. My dad had no choice but to let them in, and a couple of them quickly searched through our house. I was a little freaked out, honestly. And embarrassed that I was in my pajamas. I do remember one of them saying hello to me.

The reason? We are renting our house, and apparently the guy who lived here previously is/was some sort of criminal...

Member since 9/27/12
Buddy since 9/14/13

(#10 (permalink)) Old
"Bisexual" Tux (Linux Mascot)
I've been here a while

Name: Chris

Re: Police Searches - December 29th 2012, 07:41 PM

Just for your information, if they cannot provide a search warrant, you are not obligated to let them in. It's inadvisable to let them in your residence if they can't provide that for you. Now...if they raid you with no warrant, that's illegal. If you LET them in without a warrant, you have no legal protection.

Chris
You can always contact me to talk about anything!
---------------------
Proud to be myself.

Need a hug? Please take one!

Image Credit: startingover18 (Tumblr)

last updated on 11/11/17

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
vc85 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

December 29th 2012, 07:43 PM

Do you know what they were looking for? and did you have your things searched as well?

Has anyone else had their house or a place they were at raided/searched by the police?

Last edited by Ngikhona; March 3rd 2013 at 12:26 AM. Reason: Merging posts.

(#12 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly

Re: Police Searches - January 3rd 2013, 11:57 AM

I have, but not in the way you would expect. My dad suffers from Alzheimers, and they tend to wander outside, but get lost and forget how to get back to the house. It happened 3 years ago. My dad went out, and we waited like 6-12 hours and my mum phoned the police. They told my mum to phone friends and relatives first and then phone them back. No-one knew where he was. So the police came up and searched the house (to make sure that a) he wasn't here, and b) we weren't lying -.-)...it was pretty stupid...they searched in wardrobes, under the bed, up in the attic, every room. They asked my mum some questions and left. Still no sign and it was night and dark. So they sent out a police helicopter. They searched the house again. Then at 3 in the morning, they knocked and asked if the house had already been searched...which had...twice. In the end, the police didn't find my dad...my uncle did :P

(#13 (permalink)) Old
CorrieUSMC Offline
Ghost Rider
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Corrie

Re: Police Searches - January 3rd 2013, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vc85 View Post
Do you know what they were looking for? and did you have your things searched as well?

Also, has anyone else been caught up in a search warrant/raid or gotten searched by the police
If LEOs had a warrant, they had evidence that there was something illegal in the address. Such as illegal drugs, illegal firearms, something illegal. Not only did they have evidence, but enough evidence that a Judge was certain enough to sign off on the Warrant.

(#14 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Police Searches - January 3rd 2013, 05:19 PM

Never. I live in a pretty calm city, plus my we're a family of nerds lols so no police around my house. However, I've been searched plenty of times outside. As I'm 16 y/o, local officers simply enjoy pulling up and frisking me to check for marijuana, whenever they see I'm smoking simple cigarettes, or Shisha. Disturbing.. :/

Feel free to PM me whatever and whenever.

"You were thre bright light in the tunnel that didn't end,
You were the happy face in the crowd of sad clowns,
You were the joy inside my cold-hearted body,
But that's only what you were, and now you're gone."

(#15 (permalink)) Old
Catharsis. Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Police Searches - January 3rd 2013, 05:57 PM

I think it happened once when I was about 2. Not sure what it was about though. :/

EDIT: I asked my dad about it. He said it was because there was an explosive device found on the estate we lived in at the time, so the guards searched every house in the vicinity of where it was found. Aight.

Last edited by Catharsis.; January 4th 2013 at 12:20 PM.
  Send a message via Skype™ to Catharsis. 
Closed Thread