TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General For questions or discussions that do not fit elsewhere, post here. Please check all forum descriptions before posting here to be sure there is not a better location for your thread.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
AnonymousUser Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

20s-help? - January 18th 2013, 11:37 PM

Hi,

I use to use this forum a bit when I was younger (unfortunately I can't seem to remember my login information for that account), but I'm 22 now and seem to need some similar sort of online community for some things I'm going through right now. I was wondering if there existed a similar type of community designed for people in their early to mid 20s? Or something like that.

Thanks for any info.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Validity Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Jay
Location: In the deep, dark, treacherous place called my mind. Oh and Australia!

Re: 20s-help? - January 18th 2013, 11:39 PM

Hey there,

You are more than welcome to stay here and request help! There are older user's than you if you require a site!
But, if you would rather an older user's site, I'm sure google can help there. Just type in what type of site you'd need to help you and there should be a number of site's for that.

Stay strong,

Jay.

Buddy since 18/11/12 LiveHelp Operator since 22/12/12 Add me on Facebook Jay Louise Shorrock!
A whisper in the dark; is better than silence in the light. -Courtesy of your's truly.
My blog is open to all, those whom are easily triggered avoid, it's a story about a girl and her life and how far she has come over the years. If you read it, I hope it inspires you to keep fighting and to NEVER give up!

When you can no longer think of a reason to continue, you must think of a reason to start over.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
AnonymousUser Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: 20s-help? - January 18th 2013, 11:42 PM

I've tried googling it but didn't really find what I was looking for, so I was hoping someone here knew of one. But I could definitely stay here. I just might do that. Still looking for other options too, it wouldn't hurt to have one that's more for older people in addition to this site.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Validity Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Jay
Location: In the deep, dark, treacherous place called my mind. Oh and Australia!

Re: 20s-help? - January 18th 2013, 11:45 PM

Yes, always good to have a back up. TH is down somedays and they may be the days you need it most.

Jay.

Buddy since 18/11/12 LiveHelp Operator since 22/12/12 Add me on Facebook Jay Louise Shorrock!
A whisper in the dark; is better than silence in the light. -Courtesy of your's truly.
My blog is open to all, those whom are easily triggered avoid, it's a story about a girl and her life and how far she has come over the years. If you read it, I hope it inspires you to keep fighting and to NEVER give up!

When you can no longer think of a reason to continue, you must think of a reason to start over.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
i_like_black Offline
Awesomesauce.
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Jess

Re: 20s-help? - January 18th 2013, 11:46 PM

In all honesty, from all the other forums I've seen, this one remains the best for getting non-professional advice and support from others.

And age is just a number. The forums I've seen (mental health support etc.) aimed at adults, well, they're not as welcoming, and the people are less . . . I don't know how to explain it, but TH has a far better vibe.

There's quite a few users in the 20 - 30 age bracket these days, so don't worry about your age - nobody here cares how old you are, if you need help, then you need help, and the people here can give it to you, regardless of how old they are. Honestly, some of the best advice sometimes comes from some of the youngest forum users.

This community is here to support anybody, really. Make the most of that.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
AnonymousUser Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: 20s-help? - January 18th 2013, 11:50 PM

Ok. Thanks. I'll stick with TH for now, then.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Maverick. Offline
Deep Thinker
I've been here a while

Name: Anthony

Re: 20s-help? - January 19th 2013, 05:24 AM

Stop being so ageist. I know people in their 30s, 40s, and 50s who are regular posters here.

In fact, there are similar forums who do not allow users over the age eighteen to register and I find that ridiculous.

TeenHelp is for all ages and menbers here are diverse in age, gender, ethnicity and sexual preference.

You've had a landscaper and a house keeper since you were born
The sunshine always kept you warm.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Adam the Fish Offline
The Skittlemeister.
I can't get enough

Name: Adam

Re: 20s-help? - January 19th 2013, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick. View Post
Stop being so ageist.
Oh, come on, the name of the forum is admittedly slightly misleading - the content, however, isn't.

Stay here as long as you like, it will always be here. Except when the server says that it isn't.

Skittlify me up...
Adam the Fish | 26/08/12 | 08/10/12 | 02/12/12 | 09/02/13 | 01/06/13 | 30/08/13 | 25/11/13
...spreading happiness and joy around the Internet!
...well, I try, anyway. .......................
private message.visitor message.profile.email
"May we always remember that we are the rainbow."

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Skeleton Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Charlie

Re: 20s-help? - January 19th 2013, 12:54 PM

I'm going to be 23 this year and I don't have any intention of leaving, although I'm not here much but still, although it's called 'Teenhelp', it doesn't mean you have to be a teen to use it.

Closed Thread