TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General For questions or discussions that do not fit elsewhere, post here. Please check all forum descriptions before posting here to be sure there is not a better location for your thread.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Forgetit Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: coco

finally doing it - April 2nd 2013, 02:52 AM

I'm gonna do it I'm finally gonna leave. I've got everything all planned out all the way from pickup routes down to jobs and crap. I'm gonna run away with a couple of my friends. Sure I'm only 13 but hey a couple of them are older and I know I was meant to leave early trust me if you lived how I did anything would be better. So I'm leaving and I'm so excited to.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Maverick. Offline
Deep Thinker
I've been here a while

Name: Anthony

Re: finally doing it - April 3rd 2013, 08:32 AM

1.13 is way too young of an age to be making these types of assumptions.
2.Who do you live with.?
3.Have you really thought about this.?
4.What kind of job are you gonna get at 13?
5.How are your grades at school?
6.How old are you friends your running away with?
7.Do you do drugs?
8.Have you done any type of criminal activity?
9.Excited about what? Your gonna end up on Unsolved Mysteries.

10.Please reply and lets talk about this.

You've had a landscaper and a house keeper since you were born
The sunshine always kept you warm.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Evanesco Offline
Linguistics geek
Outside, huh?

Name: Harrison (or Harri)

Re: finally doing it - April 3rd 2013, 11:23 AM

Hey,

As much as I completely understand the desire to run away (believe me, I've planned a few great escapes in my time, and attempted them a couple of times), it's really not a great idea.

There are so many things that could go wrong. The world is full of people who will want to hurt you or take advantage of you. Also, it is incredibly difficult for a 13 year old to get housing or a job or any kind of support to live independently. And I don't want to get at your friends, but you have no guarantee that they'll stand by you. You'd be putting a lot of faith into things that you have no control over.

What's your living environment like at the moment? If you just don't get on with your family, and things are a bit crappy or whatever, then it really isn't worth leaving. Spend the time living at home preparing for your future. Do your best at school, save money, make plans, but take advantage of the fact that you have a roof over your head and food on the table.

If you're being abused in any kind of way, or dealing with other things that make your home life horrible, there are other ways to deal with it than running away. Contact someone, like a teacher or guidance counselor at school, or even the police if you're in danger. There are adults you can speak to to help you with anything like this.

Running away is never a good idea, not when you're 13.

Join the Skeleton Clique on TH
Do you wanna come with me? 'Cause if you do, then I should warn you - you're gonna see all sorts of things. Ghosts from the past. Aliens from the future. The day the Earth died in a ball of flame. It won't be quiet, it won't be safe, and it won't be calm. But I'll tell you what it will be: The trip of a lifetime!

Don't trust a perfect person and don't trust a song that's flawless.
RIP Granddad Terry. I'll miss you.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Catharsis. Offline
I've been here a while

Re: finally doing it - April 3rd 2013, 02:40 PM

Hi there,

You know, when I was around your age, maybe just older (I feel old when I say it that way ), I had my fair share of plans to run away as well. I didn't feel comfortable at home and I was having a tough time at school as well. So, I planned to run off to the big smoke and make a new life for myself.

Two or three years later, I realise how silly I was being. I was 13/14 at the time, so what was I going to do? I had very little money, and it wouldn't have been possible to get a job or a house. And, believe me, the world is a dangerous place. A 13-year-old would not be safe out in the open.

Take note of what the other posters are saying. I don't know what your home life is like exactly, but if it really is that bad, there are other ways to get help for tough situations. It sounds to me like this hasn't been thought over, that you've come up with this plan on the spot. It's not worth it, trust me.

Take care of yourself.
  Send a message via Skype™ to Catharsis. 
Closed Thread