TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General For questions or discussions that do not fit elsewhere, post here. Please check all forum descriptions before posting here to be sure there is not a better location for your thread.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Amorphous. Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Hamed Khatiz

Standing Out From The Crowd. - April 10th 2013, 11:26 AM

HEY GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! . I actually wrote "standing out from the crows" LOL, of course I stand out against crows, I'm the only one without a beak . Okay, so I meant standing out from the crowd and this is one of this issues that aren't really issues LOL they're unique problems .

Anyways, I have noticed something............ every time I join a new class or a new school, within three weeks, people know me LOL, I'm well known in the class, I develop reputations LOL, it's not like I'm the dude in the back no one notices . I AM noticed and really quickly too . It flatters me, but should I be concerned?

I remember something my Welfare Coordinator once told me............ I asked him about my Maths class and how I once, last year, walked into class really happy and hyper and positive and they all just started cracking up at me, and it happened a few times. That actually seriously hit me hard and I'm rushing up talking about it now .

But his response was, "I think you need to stop drawing attention to yourself, just bury your head in the books and get your work done".

Having spent so long being noticed, it is a bad thing, should I sometimes stop drawing attention to myself, is it bad being unique?

H.

This actually became a really sad thread LOL, sorry . I think this became an issue....

“At times the world may seem an unfriendly and sinister place,
But believe that there is much more good in it than bad.
All you have to do is look hard enough,
And what might seem to be a series of unfortunate events may in fact be the first steps of a journey.”

~My Childhood Friend.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Le Papillon Offline
a secret you can keep
I can't get enough

Name: Samuel

Re: Standing Out From The Crowd. - April 10th 2013, 10:45 PM

Hamed, if you're happy, dont be afraid to show you you are! If you have a strong personality, let it shine. But sometimes there are moments when such a personality can be.. overbearing, and there will always be people who dont appreciate it.
You just need to recognize the times when being so energetic isnt very appropriate, and reel it in a bit.
Other than that, youre fantastically amazing, and dont change who you are unless YOU want to. Being unique is in no way a bad thing

formerly snowstorm, GoneBeyondRepair, and Breathless in Love
Repose en Paix, Grandad/mom H., Sito, Nay, Mary, Aunt S., Peter, Katie, Lexi, Mrs. Radoye, Mandii, Trevor, Megan, Uncle T., Erika, Aunt R., Braxton, Connie, Adam, Grandpa, Buttons ♥
The world will bleed its bloody tale. People will throw their stones. But the one thing you must always remember is:
You no longer walk alone.
-Blake Bliss

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount17

Edit avatar

Re: Standing Out From The Crowd. - April 12th 2013, 10:32 AM

Hey, Hamed!

I agree with Sam. You're really amazing and unique just being yourself but sometimes, it's not always best to be so energetic sometimes because some people may not see that as a good thing. I do something similar, like for example; at times I get extremely hyper and start talking loud and making tons of jokes around my brother, sometimes he laughs like a crazy maniac and makes come-backs. Other times... O.o Well, let's just say... He attacks me like we're lolcats and I'm trying to steal his cheezeburger.

Sometimes when you're around the right people at the right time, having that kind of personality can really brighten someone's day and generally being hyper yourself can make you feel happier obviously. So having a unique personality is a good thing. Don't try to change yourself. We've talked a lot and honestly, I love your personality. It's similar to mine when I'm in the right mood. c:

Basically, you're awesome! Don't forget that. <3

(#4 (permalink)) Old
walk around in O O O O
Not a n00b

Name: Lucky/Lux

Re: Standing Out From The Crowd. - April 12th 2013, 09:58 PM

I don't know you, but I laughed when I read your profile not because there's something funny about you; it's because I never had to meet or have a conversation with you to come to the conclusion that you're larger than life, the laughter was automatic. Some people are just naturally charismatic and that's really not a bad thing. There are going to be certain people in certain positions that aren't going to appreciate your enthusiasm. So what? They'll certainly recover, and most classrooms could do with a little healthy disruption. If you're not taking away form anyone's learning experience or whatever, then don't worry about it. You shouldn't be asked to stifle yourself whenever you're just being yourself, and when you thrive other people benefit from that. For example, I'd be very willing to bet that you've inspired a lot of people to be more outgoing even if you don't feel outgoing, yourself.

I've had whole classrooms laugh at me, and generally everyone in school knew (and knows) who I am. It's not because I'm cool and charismatic like you; it's mostly because I have a unique name and really don't mind doing things that are out of the ordinary. That said, while I've had whole classroom laugh at me, it's not like they ever laughed at me- at me. It's the best whenever you're accidentally really funny. Enthusiasm is contagious. Roll with it.

Now I have seen a group of people laugh at a good friend of mine who happens to be very sensitive... they laughed (and already knowing him pretty well, I had to try really hard to stifle my laugh) because he was being funny. But he got really choked up about it when we left the room. no one knew that they'd upset him... (really. No one said, "oh man he's lame,"- people did comment that he was hilarious and one of the guys came up and told me that he had no idea that this guy was so funny [he's a bit of a loner] but you couldn't convince my friend that they weren't making fun of him. It was actually really lame because the people who tried to mention it later were seen by him as being mean when they were really just reaching out, judging by the surprised-then-sad looks on their faces whenever he stormed off and by the apologies they had me make on their behalf that weren't very well-recieved), so I really do urge you to look at the intentions behind that laughter (and any future bouts of laughter that happen in response to the things you say or do), because sometimes our perceptions are informed by our insecurities ... and that causes everyone to take things the wrong way form time to time.

Anyway, rock on.

Best,

Lux

"This cosmic dance
of bursti
ng decadence and withheld permissions
twists all our arms colle
ctively,
but if sweetn
ess can win, and it can,
then I'll sti
ll be here tomorrow
to hig
h-five you yesterday, my friend.
Peace.
"

- Royal Tart Toter
(Adventure Time)

Last edited by LuckyNo.Infinity; April 12th 2013 at 10:16 PM.

Closed Thread