TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General For questions or discussions that do not fit elsewhere, post here. Please check all forum descriptions before posting here to be sure there is not a better location for your thread.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
cynefin Offline
Verbal venom.

TeenHelp Addict

Childhood Firsts - May 26th 2013, 06:52 AM

If someone has ever told you stories of things you did when you were little, what were those? I have some embarrassing ones but for now I'll start with the basics. My first word was "Dad." I lived in Europe at time, but I no longer have my accent. I was too scared to learn how to ride a bike, I learned at eight.

What about you guys?

Articles & Resources Officer|Lead Moderator|Senior Newsletter Editor
The mountains are calling and I must go.
1941-2016

Nature does not rush, yet everything is accomplished
-Lao Tzu
Memories made in the mountains stay in our hearts forever
Move the body, quiet the mind

(#2 (permalink)) Old
cookiesamilk Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Caitlin

Re: Childhood Firsts - May 26th 2013, 07:01 AM

My first sentence was "Shake it!"
Apparently, in kindergarten I brought one of those dancing hamsters to school. But the hamster was dressed as an army guy and it had a gun so my teacher took it away and called my parents.
Once, I was sleepwalking and I ran into my moms room and I was crying "The hole is by the tree!"

(#3 (permalink)) Old
FixYou♥ Offline
I can't get enough

Name: taylor

Re: Childhood Firsts - May 26th 2013, 04:19 PM

Hm... oh gosh, best one from my childhood. I hear stories of my older cousin Jenna (who is 16 now) and I (15) apparently sitting in the bathroom, and someone came to the door and yelled through "what are you guys doing?" and I shouted back "playing tickle-butts!" .....no idea what that is. Neither does my cousin.
Instead of saying spaghetti, I'd say "pasketti"
Ummmm... when I was in preschool, I met this girl, and we played in the doll house, and I was the dog. I got stuck in a small cabinet and had to be pushed out from the back that's how I met my best friend

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Luke.J Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Luke

Re: Childhood Firsts - May 26th 2013, 05:13 PM

hmm where to start

I too was afraid to learn to ride a bike it look me forever.
I was afraid of frogs so whenever I would run off my parents would shout there is a frog on your back and I would freeze in terror until they caught up and pretended to get it off.
One of the first times I was getting changed for PE in infants school I took off ALL my clothes ... whoops.

Joined 26/05/12

Associate Live Help Operator - 4/06/12

Associate helpLINK Mentor - 10/06/12

If you need anything please feel free to message me and I will do my best to help you

Luke

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Everglow. Offline
Did you miss me?
Outside, huh?

Name: Hollie

Re: Childhood Firsts - May 26th 2013, 07:47 PM

I used to sit and talk to a woman on the ceiling when I was about 18 months old?! She disappeared later on after my mum asked me to ask her her name apparently. I was a weird child.
Also, when the song 'mysterious girl' by Peter Andre came on the TV, I used to drop everything I was doing, no matter what it was, stand in front of the TV and dance to it. I had a baby crush.
Oh, and when I was 5 or something, I got new baby syndrome because I had a little sister. When she got old enough to talk and stuff, my parents would be talking to her and I'd interrupt them and say 'mummy, I love you' to bring the attention back to me.

❤ Nana ❤
1953-2016

As far as we can discern,
the sole purpose of human existence
is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
- Carl Jung

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Hypothesis. Offline
Not significant.

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dez

Re: Childhood Firsts - May 26th 2013, 08:25 PM

My first word was "Im." My sister's name is Kimberly and her nickname is Kim, but I couldn't pronounce the K in it so it was Im! I still call her that and she's in my phone as Im.
I still don't know how to ride bikes or swim.
I was a lazy child. Instead of crawling on my hands and knees I'd do the "army crawl." I also didn't want to walk and the doctors were about to send me for testing because I should have been walking, but it was just my laziness.
My sister is 11 1/2 years older than me and she got her first boyfriend at like 16. When I was little I'd ALWAYS try to steal her boyfriends. I tried to kiss one of them.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Astrophile. Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Brittany

Re: Childhood Firsts - May 26th 2013, 10:39 PM

First word: I have no idea. My dad says dada, but he thinks he's the center of everything...so who knows.
I taught myself how to read when I was three by reading grocery lists to my nana, and crossing off bought items.
My first movie theater/Black Friday trip was when I was six. My nana took me to Walmart at 6a.m for some things, and then took me to see Rugrats.
I learned to ride a bike when I was seven. My downstairs neighbor taught me.

There's so much more, but I can't remember. *shrugs*

There is no beauty without some strangeness.
-EAP-

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Jack Lowden Offline
Afternoon.
Outside, huh?

Re: Childhood Firsts - May 27th 2013, 02:18 AM

I had a speech impediment when I was little, so I couldn't pronounce 'S's or 'J's correctly. Instead of calling my sister Jaimie, I'd call her Naimie. Another story is I watched Titanic with my parents when the movie first came out, so I ended up drawing naked women in school like Jack does in the movie. Oops.

2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
Koharuchan Offline
Skittles Minion
I can't get enough

Name: Haru

Re: Childhood Firsts - May 27th 2013, 04:04 AM

Oh, lord.

I was terrified of Santa when I was little, so the first time I actually worked up the courage to meet him, I refused to sit in his lap, I just sat next to him at a distance. He gave me a coloring book and I was proud of myself for a week.

Like Dez, when I was very little I didn't walk a lot, I just crawled. Simply because crawling was fun to me for some reason.

I was extremely attached to my mother when I was young, so on my first day of preschool, I cried begging her not to make me go, and the teachers literally had to pull me from the car. I held on to the car for dear life while they pulled and pulled and I just cried for my mom.

I loved "The Lion King" so much I watched it almost every day, for years. I still love the movie to this day.

When I was little, when mom took me to the grocery store, whenever she had to stop by the meat section, there was this huge tank full of live lobsters over there so people could buy fresh lobster. Mom always let me go and look at the tank, because they were interesting to me. The woman working behind the counter took one out, walked around to me, knelt down, and let me pet it.

When I was just learning to walk, I wandered into my uncle's room and put on his shoes. Obviously, they were huge on me and I had difficulty, but I walked out of his room and my mom saw and got pictures.

I love my Big Sleepy Bear.
I still fill my panties; do YOU?
No great artist ever sees things as they really are. If he did, he would cease to be an artist. -Oscar Wilde
Buddy since 12/25/11 Self Expressions mod since 4/23/12 Helplink mentor since 5/9/12 . . . . . .Skittlify.
I was blessed by your companionship from 12/24/01-6/27/13

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Prof.Engrish Offline
愛してる
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Childhood Firsts - May 27th 2013, 09:07 PM

My first word was "daddy" the best memory from my parents were that I would always pick up and smell everything in a store

"This is 10% Luck, 20% Skill, 15% Concentrated Power of Will, 5% Pleasure, 15% Pain; And a 100% reason to remember the name!"
Buddy/Live Help Operator/Technology and Gaming & Current Event and Debates Forum Moderator
PM/VM
  Send a message via AIM to Prof.Engrish  
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
FixYou♥ Offline
I can't get enough

Name: taylor

Re: Childhood Firsts - May 28th 2013, 02:03 AM

Got two more for ya
Instead of Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, it was "Fweento Fweento Wittle Stah"
Two, I was (and still am) terrified of Mascots, so when I was... maybe 6 or so, there was a Garfield mascot at McDonalds, and he wanted a hug, so I kicked him in the leg and ran under some old guys table and cried until... until my mom brought over the food...

(#12 (permalink)) Old
Luke.J Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Luke

Re: Childhood Firsts - May 28th 2013, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FixYou♥ View Post
Got two more for ya
Instead of Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, it was "Fweento Fweento Wittle Stah"
Two, I was (and still am) terrified of Mascots, so when I was... maybe 6 or so, there was a Garfield mascot at McDonalds, and he wanted a hug, so I kicked him in the leg and ran under some old guys table and cried until... until my mom brought over the food...
Aww that's so cute and bringing me food is a good way to make me stop crying too.

Joined 26/05/12

Associate Live Help Operator - 4/06/12

Associate helpLINK Mentor - 10/06/12

If you need anything please feel free to message me and I will do my best to help you

Luke

(#13 (permalink)) Old
cynefin Offline
Verbal venom.

TeenHelp Addict

Re: Childhood Firsts - May 28th 2013, 09:59 PM

Oh, when I was about four, we were on the way to preschool and I didn't like how my mom did my hair. I screamed the whole car ride, "I HATE my hair!" And people stared at me and closed their windows.

Another time, in preschool, I started crying because I thought my voice sounded like a boys.

Oooh, and once, we were at target. I was, like, two. I kept saying, "I want French fries, want French fries, want French fries, want French fries." My dad looked and said there were no fries at the Target food court and that I could eat fries later, or I could get something from the food court. I continued to ask for fries, and he said, "You're being a pain in the ass." So I walked back to my mom and said, "Momma, I being a pain in the ass." And apparently some other customers started laughing.

One Halloween, I pooped on the floor And then proceeded to ask my grandmother to pick it up.

I used to be terrified of the basement.

1941-2016

-Lao Tzu

(#14 (permalink)) Old
Coffee. Offline
Condom Queen
TeenHelp Addict

Name: Traci

Re: Childhood Firsts - May 29th 2013, 09:12 AM

My first word was the name of my childhood cat and I talked really young. Even before talking, my sister and I had our own language. (APPARENTLY. The typical twin story.) I couldn't pronounce a lot of words, I called the microwave the "michael-wave" and called my uncle "Apple."

I said to the sun, "Tell me about the big bang"
& the sun said “it hurts to become."
Andrea Gibson, "I Sing The Body Electric; Especially When My Power Is Out"
  Send a message via MSN to Coffee.  
  (#15 (permalink)) Old
Average Joe

Name: Alana M. F.

May 29th 2013, 11:38 AM

my first word was mama at 5 months... somehow... lol and to this day i'm freakin awesome at english WHEN I WANT TO BE lol

when i sang the alphabet, 'l m n o p' was 'elmeno-p' for me i called icecream pintz (pee-ntz) and called prawns crawns... there are 2 embarrassing ones that i wont say but i only learned to ride a bike last year

Andy Biersack

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

Last edited by Jack Lowden; May 31st 2013 at 05:04 AM.

(#16 (permalink)) Old
JollyRancher. Offline
Princess of the Unicorns
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Daisy or Dacashe

Re: Childhood Firsts - May 29th 2013, 11:04 PM

My first word was Mama, I even called my father that.
I was probably the most doll-like baby in my family, everyone wanted to be part of my life.
I was spoiled by my Great-aunt and great-grandma in everything.

When i was like 3, I had multiple trips to the hospital and everyone would not leave me alone at all.
I was put in modeling and was the fattest girl in the whole program.
I used to have a mini motor cycle and I loved to crash that thing in everything.
I got lost in my backyard when I went to get the blackberries that grew there.
I was so terrified of the shed in the way back of the backyard because I always heard voices calling me.
I got lost multiple times at the mall ( IT WAS HUGE!! so it was so easy to get lost) Most of the times I was in the book store on the first floor or in the arcade (IT WAS HUGE) or food court.

Used to be Misslostintears
If you ever want to talk or something, i am always here.
I've been around for a while now.

If someone tells you that something you love is wrong,
THEY ARE WRONG
IF someone tries to destroy your dreams,
SHOW THEM THAT WHAT THEY DO IS NOT GOING TO STOP YOU

YOU ARE YOUR OWN BOSS,
IT'S YOUR LIFE,
LIVE IT YOUR WAY!

(#17 (permalink)) Old
Wonder cake
Average Joe

Re: Childhood Firsts - June 1st 2013, 04:09 AM

Apparently the first time my mum took me to the hairdressers with her, I ran around sitting on strangers' laps hugging and kissing them :/

I could dwell on my problems... But I'd rather make a milkshake...

(#18 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount17

Edit avatar

Re: Childhood Firsts - June 1st 2013, 05:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OxyContin_For_Tizzles View Post
Apparently the first time my mum took me to the hairdressers with her, I ran around sitting on strangers' laps hugging and kissing them :/
This is the best thing ever.

(#19 (permalink)) Old
LlamaLlamaDuck Offline
Llama Lover/Skittle Minion
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Louise

Re: Childhood Firsts - June 1st 2013, 07:50 PM

I was always getting into trouble. When I was about 2 I was trying to climb into my buggy, fell out, hit the patio, and put my bottom teeth right through my lip. Like a hole all the way through. I still have the scar.
When I was in primary one (about 4/5) my teacher left the room so I went and stood at the door until she came back and asked to use the toilet. She thought I was sick and got my papa to come pick me up. I just had to pee.

I think I was 9 when I read Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, and I'm sure either Fred or George told their mother to "keep your hair on" so I told my dad's sister that when she started shouting at something. I regret nothing.

I was just a weird child, apparently. Mostly just stayed in my own company talking to myself. I still do.

Throw those curtains wide
One day like this a year would see me right

We are the rainbow
Or click here for some grovelling.

(#20 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount20

Edit avatar

Re: Childhood Firsts - June 1st 2013, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LlamaLlamaDuck View Post

I think I was 9 when I read Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, and I'm sure either Fred or George told their mother to "keep your hair on" so I told my dad's sister that when she started shouting at something. I regret nothing.
Hah, that is hilarious!

(#21 (permalink)) Old
Not_here Offline
I can't get enough

Name: nobody

Re: Childhood Firsts - June 1st 2013, 10:36 PM

^ I agree, it's adorable
I learned to ride a bike when I was 14 I won 150 dollars to toys r us from a contest, and I got my first bike. I learned within a few hours

I was late in speaking, and I'm not sure my first word. One thing people tell me is that I cried all day from ages 0-4 barely speaking.
I started skin picking at age 4 It started when I got the chicken pox. My mom would spray vinegar on it, but I'd still pick
I called myself Noni, and whenever someone asked me a question, my answer was always no. Even if it wasn't a yes or no question. And even if I really meant yes, I'd just say no O.o
when my sister was born, I was one years old and 4 month. Apparently I thought she was a doll so I kept asking if I can hold my doll.
when I was 3 I think, I took my mom's makeup and colored my younger sister's face all over. Then I showed my mom and said proudly "look I made her into Barney" that didn't go out too well
When I was 5, I was living in Canada. It had just finished snowing and I went outside in a basing suit and socks. I played with the snow and everything until someone saw me and rushed me back inside.
According to my oldest sister, I was so quiet. She would even get me into trouble and I wouldn't defend myself. For example, she'd color on the walls and say I did it.
She would also wait till I fall asleep and then put hard toys in my bed. There was the household rule: no sleeping with hard toys. And she would always replace my soft stuffed animals with harder toys instead. I'd always get into trouble for that.

My mom made up this character named "toto lala" who steals little children away. I was always afraid of that man. Sometimes she'd dress up as toto lala if one of us misbehaved.

I remember when we were in the train going from canada to ny, I was 5 and my sister was 4. We were fascinated by it. I think it was our first time going on a train. Sitting by the window the whole time and naming all the things we saw. We were so loud. "trees. wood. bwanches! oooh leaves"
I know that when I was younger I really wanted to be an ice skater. That was my first. Not sure why. Later on, I got an ice skater barbie doll. It was the coolest thing, you pull the string around her waist and she spins
Then it changed to spy, astronaut, chef, etc
My first summer camp experience was when I was 5 years old, and I was in NY. My grandma enrolled my younger sister and me into the a camp that only had 2 grades. I was really too old to go, but she lied and said I was my sisters age ._.
I remember petting a snake that was super long, a few men were holding it and the snake had a muzzel on his mouth. I also remember that we would sit in empty pools and get sprayed with the hose by our counselors
My youngest sister is 4 years younger than me. One time at my grandma's house, I was 6 years old and she was 2. It was jewish new years. All my cousins were there as well as their parents, so we had different tables for adults and children. I whispered in my sister's ear to stand on her chair and sing this jewish song we learned in school. It got the adult table's attention. Everyone thought she was adorable, except my grandpa :P
We used to play red light green light in my grandparent's backyard. There was this area in the driveway that we would dare each other to go to. It had broken glass on the floor, and it was just really scary. Also me and my cousins would lock ourselves in the bathroom in the basement and then scare each other about the "boogy man". Then we'd run out screaming.

(#22 (permalink)) Old
Hypothesis. Offline
Not significant.

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dez

Re: Childhood Firsts - June 2nd 2013, 02:15 AM

Quote:
I know that when I was younger I really wanted to be an ice skater. That was my first. Not sure why. Later on, I got an ice skater barbie doll. It was the coolest thing, you pull the string around her waist and she spins
I had that Barbie.

(#23 (permalink)) Old
Catharsis. Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Childhood Firsts - June 2nd 2013, 06:06 AM

When I was in Montesorri, aged three, the teacher asked each child to count as high as they could. Most if the other kids went up to 10 at the most, but me on the other hand, being even then my weird, intellectual self, went right up to 100. From that day on, parents and stuff that came into the school would ask me to count to 100 for them, lol.

That trend continued, I was the weird, smart kid in primary school too. Now I'm in secondary school and I'm essentially still the weird, smart kid.
  Send a message via Skype™ to Catharsis. 
  (#24 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount20

Edit avatar

Re: Childhood Firsts - June 2nd 2013, 01:40 PM

I remember very few of my "childhood firsts".

My first word was somewhere between 1-2 years old. I didn't speak, but used sign language and my mom tells me she remembers my first word. It was "more".

Like someone else who posted in here, (I don't remember it either), my mom tells me on my first day of preschool I was crying for her as she was leaving.

The first occupation I wanted when I got to be an adult (I was in kindergarten, age five, then) was a teacher. Don't feel that way today, 23 years later.

My first friend was Anna, an American-born English girl. But it was only because our mothers were friends.

Not very impressive, I know. Some of you have great childhood first stories.

(#25 (permalink)) Old
Not_here Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Childhood Firsts - June 2nd 2013, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cataclysmic View Post

I had that Barbie.
wasn't she awesome

I just didn't like how she didn't have a real skirt. Those feathery things were stuck to her body.

I liked switching clothes, and she always had to keep her original ones because of that

(#26 (permalink)) Old
Obliviate Offline
Mother of Dragons
I've been here a while

Re: Childhood Firsts - June 2nd 2013, 03:08 PM

I poured a cup of juice down the TV when I was 2 because the teletubbies were hungry

Oh and my first word was cat - guess I was always destined to be a catlady

(#27 (permalink)) Old
MBach528 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Just call me MB

Re: Childhood Firsts - June 2nd 2013, 03:24 PM

My brother has autism, so it took him a lot longer to learn how to talk. I was speaking in semi-sentences by the time I was 6 months. My brother could barely say anything until he was almost 5 years old. So he had a speech therapist to help him learn how to talk. Whenever the therapist held up a card for him to say what's on it, he would either say "cup" or "apple". I would always correct him, and the only way my parents could get me to be quiet is by giving me a cookie.

"One person can make a difference and everyone should try."
Live Help Operator since June 1st, 2013

(#28 (permalink)) Old
Rhyfelwr Offline
There's a war inside of me.
Not a n00b

Name: Svenja is one :)

Re: Childhood Firsts - June 2nd 2013, 04:10 PM

I was sitting on the backseat of our car when I said my first word - "Papa", and my dad nearly caused an accident by almost driving off the highway.

I used to be able to speak fluent Chinese when I was 6. Then I had an accident, and all I remember is "Check please".

Funny thing is, before I could fluently speak English and German, my favorite word was "Nostrovje" or something. Don't know how you spell it, but it means "Cheers" in Russian. Well then. Actually, it still is my favorite word.

When I first learned how to ride my bike, I fell and was bleeding from head to toe. I think that's the point in time where it started for not caring if I was bleeding.

This dude was in love with me when I was 3. He kept on wanting to kiss me, and I kept on pushing away. I sorta feel bad for him now, but at that time I did anything to get away from him.

I'm sure there's more, though. I think there's just too much weird stuff I did.

"Whatever you are physically...male or female, strong or weak, ill or healthy - all those things matter less than what your heart contains. If you have the soul of a warrior, you are a warrior. All those other things, they are the glass that contains the lamp, but you are the light inside."
- Cassandra Clare, Clockwork Angel

(#29 (permalink)) Old
cynefin Offline
Verbal venom.

TeenHelp Addict

Re: Childhood Firsts - June 2nd 2013, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBach528 View Post
My brother has autism, so it took him a lot longer to learn how to talk. I was speaking in semi-sentences by the time I was 6 months. My brother could barely say anything until he was almost 5 years old. So he had a speech therapist to help him learn how to talk. Whenever the therapist held up a card for him to say what's on it, he would either say "cup" or "apple". I would always correct him, and the only way my parents could get me to be quiet is by giving me a cookie.
Are you and your brother twins? My autistic brother and I are twins and it also took him a while to learn how to talk. He had a whole therapy team who'd come through the house and into the basement where they'd work. I used to be pretty jealous. He had a sensory swing that hung from the ceiling. And this one time, when I was like four, I walked downstairs to find them painting each other in pudding

My brother also used note cards and we didn't have any for feelings. So they photographed me and those were some funny photos :: I think my brother was about four when he started talking, and he was 13 when he used full sentences.

1941-2016

-Lao Tzu

(#30 (permalink)) Old
MBach528 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Childhood Firsts - June 2nd 2013, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerfectlyImperfect View Post
Are you and your brother twins? My autistic brother and I are twins and it also took him a while to learn how to talk. He had a whole therapy team who'd come through the house and into the basement where they'd work. I used to be pretty jealous. He had a sensory swing that hung from the ceiling. And this one time, when I was like four, I walked downstairs to find them painting each other in pudding

My brother also used note cards and we didn't have any for feelings. So they photographed me and those were some funny photos :: I think my brother was about four when he started talking, and he was 13 when he used full sentences.
Well, we're Irish twins - he's 11 months older than me.

(#31 (permalink)) Old
cynefin Offline
Verbal venom.

TeenHelp Addict

Re: Childhood Firsts - June 2nd 2013, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBach528 View Post

Well, we're Irish twins - he's 11 months older than me.
Oh, okay I hope he's doing well!

1941-2016

-Lao Tzu

(#32 (permalink)) Old
MBach528 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Childhood Firsts - June 2nd 2013, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerfectlyImperfect View Post
Oh, okay I hope he's doing well!
Yeah, he is. He's very high functioning now.

I hope your brother is also doing well.

(#33 (permalink)) Old
Not_here Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Childhood Firsts - June 5th 2013, 06:02 PM

when I was in 8th grade I had speech therapy but it wasn't as fun It lasted a day because the lady left the school the following week and they didn't bring anyone else after that.

I remembered another one
When I was younger we would go to the beach a lot with my cousins, like every day of the summer. ( I live about half an hour away by subway). We would play this game called "Welcome to hell" which is where you sit at the shore and get pushed by the waves and you had to let it happen. I would let myself get flipped and turned underwater.
The beach memories are so sweet, we never made typical sand castles though
we would make a tower and around it there's a tunnel that allows water from the ocean to come through. People came and took pictures of it.
There's this park right near the beach and it has this really high part were you climb up but to get down it's scary because it's not a regular ladder. So it's either that or sliding down the pole to get down. I avoided going up there for a while but one time I went up there by impulse and started to cry because I was afraid to get down. It was getting late and no one could get me down. Then my dad said if you get down everyone will get ice cream. After hearing that I literally jumped down. (didn't get hurt)

(#34 (permalink)) Old
i_like_black Offline
Awesomesauce.
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Jess

Re: Childhood Firsts - June 6th 2013, 09:52 AM

There's a lot I don't remember, but have been told.

I didn't crawl until I was nearly a year old. After that, I crawled for two weeks, then just stood up and walked. I'd been shuffling on my back prior to that, which we found out later is quite common for babies with vision issues.

My Mum constantly told me that my clavicle was fractured when I was eighteen months old, and they think my elder brother may have pushed me. I didn't believe her until she showed me the x-ray, which for some reason she kept.

I don't know what my first word was.

I figured out how to tie my shoelaces somewhere between being six and being seven. My elder brother hadn't figured it out yet, and with another brother 15 months younger than me and a newborn sister, I guess my parents never had time to show me. I tie my shoelaces the way everyone else ties bows on gifts. I still am not able to do it the "regular" way.

I was 3 the first time I rode a skateboard. It was my elder brother's and he had no interest in it.

I begged and begged for a bicycle, a "proper two-wheeler", and my parents managed to find a second-hand one for my sixth birthday. I also got a pair of rollerblades that year, and still think of it as my best birthday. It took me two weeks to figure out how to ride the bike.

I had no majors with school and so forth, aside from my Mum safety pinning all my clothing together so that I couldn't take it off. I was constantly too warm, despite it being winter. Couldn't read until I was seven (dyslexic to a degree), couldn't math until intermediate school. My handwriting was atrocious until then as well.

Oh, I taught myself to both read and play music.

But there's heaps I don't remember because of an injury I had, and I don't really want to ask my family.

(#35 (permalink)) Old
Jordioa18 Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Jordi

Re: Childhood Firsts - June 6th 2013, 10:22 AM

I couldn't talk untill I was 3, no mama, just some 'rrrrrmmmmmmmm' when I was a baby untill being 3 years old. I thought myself how to read by reading subtitles. I thought myself English by playing video games.

PSN: jordioa18

If you need help, PM/VM me
  Send a message via Skype™ to Jordioa18 
  (#36 (permalink)) Old
SouthernBelle. Offline
InsaneAnnie
I've been here a while

Name: Anna

Re: Childhood Firsts - June 6th 2013, 02:57 PM

Let's see...
  • My first word was: "Dad," and I'm told that I'd bounce up and down in my jumper and say it every time my feet hit the floor.
  • I started walking by the time I was nine months old.
  • I could say lots of long words by the time I was three. (Like "phenomenon," for instance, which made various family members with children of the same age quite jealous, or so I'm told. )
  • My cousin and I used to play toy cars on the rock behind my grandma's house. He lived with them for about nine months, and he was about my best friend for as long as he lived there.
  • When I was four, I used to go beneath our trailer and fight imaginary little green men.
  • I used to sing "You Are My Sunshine," to my little brothers and sister when they were babies. I love them. After they figured out that I could sing, various uncles would pay me a quarter for a song, and it made me very happy. I used to sing: "At Last," by Etta James, too.
  • Also when I was four, my mom entered me in a beauty pageant. I evidently talked to the judges so much, and was so tomboyish despite my dress, that they gave me first prize.
  • My cousin Kati and I used to play Boyfriend/Girlfriend as little girls, and walk around pretending either I or she was the boyfriend, and the other the girlfriend. This was all her idea, and it stunned my family, and they sat us in time-out for it, lol.
  • After we were told to stop playing this, we started playing Egyptians, vampires, fairies, and the like, with imaginary boyfriends. We'd spend hours describing what our clothes and hair looked like, and hardly ever get to play.
  • We also used to fight over which of the N-Sync members we had for our imaginary boyfriends. We usually to decide who got Justin Timberlake by playing Rock-Paper-Scissors.
  • When Kati moved two hours away, I strongly encouraged her to run away with me so she wouldn't have to go home with her mother. Instead, we dug holes around my aunt Wanda's tires (my idea, lol). When she tried to leave, she spun out in the gravel for about five minutes, which I thought was great: Our plan was working! Next thing I know, she was driving away, and I think I cried, lol.
  • When I was in kindergarten, a little boy called Eric tried to kiss me on the cheek. He succeeded, but I told him he was gross and nearly punched him.
  • In second grade, boys used to love picking on me. Once or twice they shoved me up against the fence, and if I remember correctly, I warned one of them to either move away from me or I'd kill him. When he didn't, I kicked him where it counts. Thankfully I didn't kill him, because...
  • ... that same boy became my step-cousin. His mom married my mom's brother. I'm pretty sure he liked me. However, I only liked his little brother, who I to this day think is gorgeous. My uncle and mom used to have to separate the three of us, because we'd wrestle and punch each other and throw footballs at each others' heads. I think one time we even planned to have a shooting competition with a BB gun (with birds for targets), but they caught us before we did, lol.
  • In third grade, I lied and said that I was being bullied at school, by one of my best friends. I missed my dad, and he was working out of state. We only got to see him once a month, and my mom wasn't going to let me be home-schooled again so that we could move to be with him. Also, one of my other friends was being bullied by that same person I accused of bullying me, and her mother wasn't going to do anything about it. So I intervened, thinking I was justified. To this day, I'm still a little guilty about this.
  • Once, I stopped being friends with a girl because she said Santa Claus wasn't real.
  • When I was in fourth grade (one of the few years I wasn't home-schooled all the year through), my teacher moved me to the front of the room, in an effort to make me more involved. I had great grades, and was very attentive, but I didn't talk enough. By her standards, anyway.
  • Oh, yeah: And also when I was in fourth grade, I lived with my aunt Wanda and cousins Kati, Caleb, and Leigha. Caleb endeavored to teach me how to ride a bicycle, and I fell and rammed the bicycle handle into my stomach (it didn't have guards on it). I hobbled around for a week or something, it hurt so badly. My cousins cheered me up by playing the Playstation 2 and watching Harry Potter with me.
  • My little sister and I used to run around the yard playing like we were horses. We'd race, leap over barrels, and do other horsey things. We even skipped to emulate galloping horses. This was my idea.
  • We also played ninjas, which scared my mom a lot, as we'd punch and scratch and bite and slap each other, and ignore her when she told us to stop.
  • My uncles Virgil and Dennie used to bring their bluegrass instruments to my grandma's patio. While they and my grandma drank and played music, my little sister and I would dance on a huge rock above my grandma's house. Virgil would play what he called "the Chicken Song," on the dobro, and we'd walk around dancing like chickens.
  • Also on these nights, my aunt Brittni would burn pieces of paper and food with a lighter at the kitchen table, which fascinated me. She was about the age that I am now.
  • One of my cousins' husbands bet me a dollar once that I couldn't drink a whole jar of pickle juice. Mostly to prove that I could, I did. They were stunned when I didn't get sick.
  • I beat three adults at an vocabulary trivia game when I was ten. One of these was the same one I drank the pickle juice in front of. Evidently I was a little evil genius, lol.
Yeah. I was a pretty violent little kid.

EDIT: Didn't realize how much I'd written. Sorry, guys, haha.

Anna's Personal Keys to Happiness
1. Do what you want within the bounds of reason, whenever you want to, and regret nothing. 2. If you have an opinion, don't beat around the bush, or there isn't a point in saying it. 3. Don't keep the company of anyone who won't like you and will try to change you.

(#37 (permalink)) Old
JustACityBoy Offline
Telemachus
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Carl

Re: Childhood Firsts - June 7th 2013, 04:26 AM

I've gone an empty life, can't say I remember doing anything special for the first time.
.-. I tried to recall one but I can't.
I've had some speech therapy as well before.

What lies ahead is unknown. However, in some times, I've sighted several smooth pavements. I myself am the mender of roads, and it is with these we work on.

(#38 (permalink)) Old
TwistofFate_07 Offline
Average Joe

Name: Ashley

Re: Childhood Firsts - June 7th 2013, 08:36 AM

One time when I was like 1 or 2, I was running around the house with a bucket on my head and my bottle in my hand. I don't what they did to my bottle but I was jumping off the walls, literally.

(#39 (permalink)) Old
kiddoo Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: kiddoo

Re: Childhood Firsts - June 7th 2013, 09:38 AM

i am 23 and still i am single and i feel embarrassed
it feels like an assh*le

(#40 (permalink)) Old
MGICECUBE15 Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Meera

Re: Childhood Firsts - June 7th 2013, 12:02 PM

My menmory from when i was little I could never pronounce any words properly because I have server speech and language difficulties but it has got a bit better but I still find it hard to prononce some of the harder words.

When I was a baby about 2 years old I climbed on to the dinner table while my family was having dinner and ate a chilly pepper - my mum, auntie and my dad had to give me ice cream , sugar, water becuase my mouth was burning and I was crying .

Another time I sat on one of those bouncy balls at the top of the stairs and I thought it would be fun to bounce all the way down the stairs on the bouncy ball but actually it wasnt , I ended up falling down the stairs with the bouncy ball and hit my head on the heater at the bottom of the stairs.

Love From Meera xx

Be Strong, Have Faith, Have Courage xx

Current Mental Health - Sever depression, SAD,Self harm, Suicide thoughts, anxiety attacks and voices in my head.

Current Medicines - Fluoxetine

Feel free to PM me anytime , I love getting PM's and I love supporting people as it distracts me from my horrible thoughts.

Closed Thread