TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General For questions or discussions that do not fit elsewhere, post here. Please check all forum descriptions before posting here to be sure there is not a better location for your thread.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Can you hear the silence?
Senior TeenHelper

worrying about updating my profile picture on facebook:( - June 8th 2013, 07:18 PM

i have always been really sceard on fb to update my fb picture so its got a picture of me from like 2 years ago and i look like a nob and i want want to change it but im worried i might get some funny comments and i dont want my family to see it i guess my fear is getting showed up on facebook i guess. alot of people on my fb are around my age 16. and another thing on my profile is the picture im thinking of updating it to its my profile pic what do you guys think is it good enough to not get hate i guess :P be honest xxxx

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Digit. Offline
Perfect INTP stereotype
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Jason

Re: worrying about updating my profile picture on facebook:( - June 8th 2013, 07:23 PM

I'm not sure about your facebook page because I don't know who your friends are but no one on this site would say anything mean if you decided to update your picture.
But it's completely up to you

Every heartbreak we go through makes us the perfect person for our soulmates. Shaping us into what they've always been looking for.

Need to talk, PM me.

To people(like me) who think asking for help annoys people I say:
It would bother me if you DIDN'T ask for help.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Rivière Offline
Par la rivière
I can't get enough

Name: Sarah

Re: worrying about updating my profile picture on facebook:( - June 8th 2013, 07:23 PM

I don't even have a picture of myself on FB. I have a profile picture of something random and I've never changed it since the day I've had it. It just depends on what you're comfortable with. If you're not comfortable with a picture don't put it up, sometimes you can always just change it to a random picture of whatever. If people dislike it, tough on them, it's your choice.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Hypothesis. Offline
Not significant.

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dez

Re: worrying about updating my profile picture on facebook:( - June 8th 2013, 10:42 PM

If you want to update your profile picture, I think you should. If someone is going to make mean comments because of what your picture is, they're not really true friends to begin with. But, if you don't feel comfortable you don't have to. You should be fine.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Catharsis. Offline
I've been here a while

Re: worrying about updating my profile picture on facebook:( - June 8th 2013, 10:52 PM

I've been in a similar position before. See, I used to get cyberbullied, through Facebook a lot of the time, so even now when I only actually have TH people as friends, I have an irrational fear of posting anything on there.

I agree with everyone else. If you feel comfortable doing it, do it. If not, you don't have to update it.
  Send a message via Skype™ to Catharsis. 
Closed Thread