TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General For questions or discussions that do not fit elsewhere, post here. Please check all forum descriptions before posting here to be sure there is not a better location for your thread.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
MBach528 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Just call me MB

Question Hobby? - July 10th 2013, 08:15 PM

Hey guys! So, my friend has recently pointed out to me, during a conversation about the darker things in my life, that I really need to find a hobby. Something I can do and get completely consumed in. Something to keep me busy, that I actually enjoy, so I can stop thinking too much. The only problem is, I don't think I know myself well enough. I don't really know what my interests are anymore. I feel like I've lost myself, because I'm no longer really interested in much. At least, I don't know of my interests.

So does anybody think they could help? Like, give suggestions, tips, etc? That would be very much appreciated!

"One person can make a difference and everyone should try."
Live Help Operator since June 1st, 2013

(#2 (permalink)) Old
I can't get enough

Name: Kayla Christine.

Re: Hobby? - July 10th 2013, 08:48 PM

Hey MB, I'm Kayla, being interested in a lot of things can be hard, I have many things I am interested in doing that keep me busy.
Friendship bracelets, I make those a lot; it keeps my hands busy and my mind busy by doing the different designs right.
I watch movies, read, have pets to take care of, listen to music, write things, play games online and off. Take a look online about things to keep yourself busy, there are so many things you could do. Take up a hobby, scrap booking, photography, music, dance, signing, anything.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
MBach528 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Just call me MB

Re: Hobby? - July 10th 2013, 08:58 PM

Hey Kayla. I have looked into some things, but I either can't get myself interested in stuff, or if I am interested in it, it's something I can't afford or get to easily. I just can't seem to get myself interested in what's available to me. The only thing I really have a passion for is counseling and psychology, and there isn't really anything I can do like that that is just a hobby. :/

"One person can make a difference and everyone should try."
Live Help Operator since June 1st, 2013

(#4 (permalink)) Old
*Rainbow*Rider* Offline
<3
I've been here a while

Name: H

Re: Hobby? - July 10th 2013, 09:08 PM

Hey. Sounds like a great idea. It's good to keep the mind busy.

Cycling, swimming, chess, reading, walking, collecting things, art, sewing, knitting, writing, an instrument, singing, computer gaming, cooking, jewellery making?

You can research the psychology thing if you're interested in it. There are endless books and studies throughout the internet and your local library. If someone interests you then grasp it.

If the world is a cold place
Make it your business to start some fires

(#5 (permalink)) Old
I can't get enough

Name: Kayla Christine.

Re: Hobby? - July 10th 2013, 09:47 PM

Well you are on staff, keep up with that, get more involved in the site.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Everglow. Offline
Did you miss me?
Outside, huh?

Name: Hollie

Re: Hobby? - July 10th 2013, 11:07 PM

Hobby's are good, but I have your problem too. I find it hard to know what my interests are. A lot of my hobbies involve research. I read articles about psychology or history or the paranormal because it interests me. You could also start reading more, that keeps me occupied for hours, or take up a sport or something. IF your interests are in psychology and counselling, maybe look into some work experience or volunteering opportunities? Charities are always a good place to start since they'll often be looking for help, and that fits around you ad it's good for your future too.

❤ Nana ❤
1953-2016

As far as we can discern,
the sole purpose of human existence
is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
- Carl Jung

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Jack Lowden Offline
Afternoon.
Outside, huh?

Re: Hobby? - July 10th 2013, 11:39 PM

Do you remember what your hobbies were when you were younger? I've been trying to find more hobbies lately as well during the times I'm not at work. I've found that by doing stuff I enjoyed when I was younger, I realize I still like that stuff, I'm just not sure why I stopped. This includes sketching, reading more, making DIY stuff off of pinterest, or trying things with friends that I haven't tried yet. My boyfriend & I are currently looking into going to a shooting range, which I've never done before, so I'm excited about it.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Evanescent Offline
Love Is The Movement
I've been here a while

Name: Nicole (Nikki)

Re: Hobby? - July 11th 2013, 03:30 AM

You could try volunteering, I volunteer at my local dog shelter and the local Children's Hospital. Or find another place to volunteer, like a nursing home.

"Shoot for the moon, even if you miss you'll land among the stars."

"For those who don't care, for those who can't see, never give up, always thrive to be free."

Smile, you are beautiful www.operationbeautiful.com

Blessed Be!
Nicole AKA Nikki
Artist, Poet, and Future Social Worker

Closed Thread