TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General For questions or discussions that do not fit elsewhere, post here. Please check all forum descriptions before posting here to be sure there is not a better location for your thread.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Azure. Offline
Filling My Panties.
I can't get enough

Question Your Role Model? - August 11th 2013, 12:38 AM

So, I wanted to ask you guys a question! Or lots of questions!

Who is your role model? Who do you look up to? Who has taught you a valuable life lesson? What qualities does this person have to make you look up to them? What have you learned from them? (You don't have to answer all of them )
This person can be anyone!

My role model is a person I have met only once through a church conference a few years ago. She was very open, accepting, and kind. She taught me to stay strong, be thankful for what you have, be confident, and to help others in need. She was very inspiring and she was hilarious!

Your turn!

vm-pm
♥♥♥
Find your light in a new dawn.
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Hypothesis. Offline
Not significant.

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dez

Re: Your Role Model? - August 11th 2013, 01:20 AM

My cousin Sophia, which you may find weird because she's only a little over a year old, but she's been through a lot in that time! She has a LOT of heart problems and she's been in and out of the hospital a lot in her life, and any time I see her she's always smiling and laughing and having a good time, AND she's even defied some medical odds! I look up to her as reassurance that even though things can get hard sometimes, we can all get through those hard times.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Azure. Offline
Filling My Panties.
I can't get enough

Re: Your Role Model? - August 11th 2013, 03:36 AM

That's really cool Dez. And I hope she's doing good. I always find those kinds of stories inspiring

vm-pm
♥♥♥
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Alto. Offline
Come as you are
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Your Role Model? - August 11th 2013, 03:53 AM

My grandmother. She passed away in 2010, but she is still my role model. She was a mother of nine children(two of which died shortly after birthday) and worked tirelessly for the Catholic church her entire life. She was a fantastic woman, who made you feel special and loved even if you were the youngest of her 20-some grandchildren. I'm honored to be her namesake.

wanderer come home
you're not too far
lay down your hurt, lay down your heart
come as you are.

VM | PM

(#5 (permalink)) Old
FixYou♥ Offline
I can't get enough

Name: taylor

Re: Your Role Model? - August 11th 2013, 04:32 AM

I look up to several people. I'm only gonna name the two I can definitely say have changed my life.
For example, Gerard Way, lead singer of the band My Chemical Romance. I look up to him because him and I have a ton in common, maybe too much in common. He's been through a lot, and from what I've heard him say on dozens of interviews and all of his songs, his depression, his life struggles and the love he's found, has all changed him. And now? He seems happy, at least I can hope he is, with his wife and daughter, I mean dude.... wow. My Chemical Romance as a whole inspires me to be different and dorky and maybe a little goth and punky, but you know. What gets me most about him? He knows its okay to be fucked up. Just like I am. But he made it through. And maybe someday, so will I.....
Not to mention, he is one talented... sexy, dorky man!

Also, Demi Lovato. I love her, I've loved her since the beginning. And she's taught me a lot about self harm and depression and staying strong. She is such a warrior, fighting a lot of the same battles I've faught and am fighting currently. Whether that be bullying, or cutting, or starving, or feeling just.... hopeless. Her music, and my music, music in general... she knows what it means to people like us to have something to fall back on, let it save us. Music does that, yes? But its not just music, its the will to live. Something told her to stay strong, and look at her now. She's beautiful, always has been. And she's talented like, wow. And... yeah. She knows reality and she knows recovery. And I love that. I just love her too

(#6 (permalink)) Old
cynefin Offline
Verbal venom.

TeenHelp Addict

Re: Your Role Model? - August 11th 2013, 05:24 AM

My role model is my grandmother. She isn't doing well as I'm typing this, and I'm hoping for the best. She was one of eight children; most of her siblings have now passed away. She's been through a lot in her lifetime and she's still smiling and able to joke about herself. She was held at gunpoint, saved from drowning, among other things. I got my writing gene from her and I hope I can continue to pass down what she's like because I definitely look up to her.

Articles & Resources Officer|Lead Moderator|Senior Newsletter Editor
The mountains are calling and I must go.
1941-2016

Nature does not rush, yet everything is accomplished
-Lao Tzu
Memories made in the mountains stay in our hearts forever
Move the body, quiet the mind

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Azure. Offline
Filling My Panties.
I can't get enough

Re: Your Role Model? - August 11th 2013, 08:29 PM

I love reading all of these replies thanks for sharing

vm-pm
♥♥♥
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Rivière Offline
Par la rivière
I can't get enough

Name: Sarah

Re: Your Role Model? - August 12th 2013, 11:08 AM

I'm not sure I have a role model in the way that I look up to or want to be like, but I have someone who has been an inspiration to me which was my nan. Although she and I never got along and when we did it was only for the good of keeping peace and unless we genuinely agreed on something. My nan was someone who suffered an abusive childhood due to her own mother, grew up with an abusive husband, during her 30's she began having Type 2 Diabetes, she then began suffering asthma and later on, emphysema. 5 years ago she fell down some steps and broke her ankle. She had to have pins in her ankle to get the bones to knit back together, when it was time to remove the pins, she refused anaesthetic and while the pain of removing them was extreme, she never screamed, cried or showed any remote signs of it being painful other than squeezing a doctor's hand. She fell down the same set of steps again but didn't injure herself although her ankle got worse and worse, she stopped walking so much and during the last few years of her life she was incarcerated in a wheelchair. Slowly as she was losing her mind, forgetting names of people, what she's said etc, she still battled on with stomach trouble, she couldn't eat much because it made her sick but she had to eat for her diabetes. She died at the grand age of 77.

Life is for living, not for losing.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Pirouette Offline
Just a girl strolling by
I've been here a while

Name: Rishy

Re: Your Role Model? - August 12th 2013, 05:21 PM

Honestly, I have a lot of role models and I just combine their characteristics and look up to them. However, all of them have a common characteristic, which I follow through my everyday life- to fight through hardships, not giving up easily, and staying honest with myself and one other. I also learned from them the courage of staying strong no matter what happens in life, but I still manage to struggle. If it weren't for these role models, idk where I would be today.

[left]

"Imperfection is beauty;
madness is genius;
and its better to be absolutely ridiculous
than absolutely boring."

-Marilyn Monroe

(#10 (permalink)) Old
PrimadonnaQueen Offline
left this site.
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Your Role Model? - August 14th 2013, 12:47 PM

My role Model is Mariah Carey because she has achieved so much, and she kept her faith strong, she always kept it a priority and shes very grateful for her success

.....“You believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself.”.....

Closed Thread