TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General For questions or discussions that do not fit elsewhere, post here. Please check all forum descriptions before posting here to be sure there is not a better location for your thread.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Twinge Offline
Forever we'll just lay here
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Vint Fall

Encouraging users to visit the Chat - September 17th 2013, 10:35 AM

If this seems TL;DR, skip to the 3rd paragraph and my point.

Hey, I've been a regular TH user (consumer) for over 3 years. So far, I had a pleasant experience (despite the bad events which struck me occasionally); and I hope you can hear me out even though I can't say I'm addicted to the site or that I hadn't had pauses and long departures from being online. I have, but that's normal. Life gets tough, you can't have time for everything.
It's a great site overall. It's great for those who need help and want to help.

Now, here's why I'm here.
If you ask me what's most common for this site (to my subjective view), it's the teens who leave too fast or claim TH is not enough, when I really don't think so. And most don't announce they're leaving. Loss of interest or jumping to fast conclusions? I'd think so.

The chatroom is my most favorite place to visit (few hours at night before I go to sleep) and that's why I never thought of leaving forever. It's fun, and it's good for those who are in need of advice. Live chat can provide that, with experienced users. I know LH isn't always active, many complain and leave because of that.
Many are shy to enter the chatroom, while the same people quit this site sooner. I don't see the reason to keep away. It's honestly fun, especially when there are many usernames shining in there.
Not referring it to all Staff Members. They could be busy at times etc.
But if you're either new on here, curious, willing to help or in need of help, try the chat, probably for an hour, maybe more or less. With the right persons in presence, you won't regret it. It could be an amazing internet experience.
I find one-post replies sometimes not helpful. In forum when people want help, they can't include everything they have in mind, and if they do the posts get long and laggy, replies aren't guaranteed; when in chats you can include everything bit by bit via conversation.

It's the best feature in my opinion but the rooms just lack more people, and the colors it used to have since this year started. Every user on here is interesting in their unique way. There's no reason in hiding it.
We're a patient community that doesn't judge.
At least give it a try, that's all I'm saying. Not for me, but for you. If you're new, you're missing out on a lot when you don't visit. The site could also use an all time active chatroom. When I used to be here last summer (Yeah, I was an addict then), it had 4 fun people there, the LEAST. There was always a party that made us feel good and forget our problems for a while through little friendships.

Note, I'm an asocial weirdo with general anxiety and even I liked that.

I moved back while
my head was turned.

Upside down
closer to the end.

Afraid of the dark
within future times.

I'm drowning there,
my final chase.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Voldermorts Stalker
I can't get enough

Re: Encouraging users to visit the Chat - September 17th 2013, 12:46 PM

Yeah I've noticed that less people seem to be using the chatroom. It's a shame the chatroom has always been the main place for activity.

BADGER BADGER BADGER.........MUSHROOM!!!
Videos team
, articles team and helplink mentor and associate live help operator.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Jack Lowden Offline
Afternoon.
Outside, huh?

Re: Encouraging users to visit the Chat - September 17th 2013, 04:32 PM

I agree that the chat room is a great source that the site has. You can get help there from other users, plus meet online friends. I didn't start talking to any other users on the site until I started going into the chat room, & I've been a chat mod for about a year & a half now.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
coolkid98 Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Jenny

Re: Encouraging users to visit the Chat - September 17th 2013, 07:06 PM

I also agree, the chatroom is an awesome site full of amazing people Its a shame that people aren't using as much.

I'm here if anyone wants to talk, I'm always here. Feel free to VM or PM me

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Adam the Fish Offline
The Skittlemeister.
I can't get enough

Name: Adam

Re: Encouraging users to visit the Chat - September 17th 2013, 07:45 PM

I hadn't noticed a dip in activity there - maybe I haven't been around long enough.

I certainly think Chat is a great resource - although I'd by no means discount Live Help or the Forums (all threads should be guaranteed at least one reply, it's part of the Forum Moderator job description).

But yeah, I agree - if you want to talk to someone...go Chat!

Skittlify me up...
Adam the Fish | 26/08/12 | 08/10/12 | 02/12/12 | 09/02/13 | 01/06/13 | 30/08/13 | 25/11/13
...spreading happiness and joy around the Internet!
...well, I try, anyway. .......................
private message.visitor message.profile.email
"May we always remember that we are the rainbow."

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Voldermorts Stalker
I can't get enough

Re: Encouraging users to visit the Chat - September 18th 2013, 07:47 PM

And now is the perfect moment to do that given chat is now working

BADGER BADGER BADGER.........MUSHROOM!!!
Videos team
, articles team and helplink mentor and associate live help operator.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Sammichez Offline
/人◕‿‿◕人\
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Abigail (or Abbi)

Re: Encouraging users to visit the Chat - September 18th 2013, 09:13 PM

I would actually visit the chatroom more often if my iPad had java (the software that is needed to enter the chat room).

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Stay determined
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Cara

Re: Encouraging users to visit the Chat - September 19th 2013, 02:47 PM

As a chat mentor I can tell you the chat room is great and you should all come and talk to me

Also, more people need to come to the Facilitated Discussions! The last few that I've ran have had 2-3 people in for the majority of the discussion so we always finish super early and then I have to come up with new things to make the discussion last longer xD Even if you don't feel the subject is relevant to you it's a great opportunity to just gain some knowledge on a topic you might not know much about.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Encouraging users to visit the Chat - September 19th 2013, 09:55 PM

I agree with Cara! Chat Room Mentors are always willing to chat and the FCRD are a great thing to partake in. I know I enjoy going into chat when I have the time. There have been times when I have spent hours in chat. Even if you can only spend 30 minutes in there you are able to meet some pretty cool people.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

Closed Thread