TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General For questions or discussions that do not fit elsewhere, post here. Please check all forum descriptions before posting here to be sure there is not a better location for your thread.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
HybridMoon Offline
~*North Star*~
Welcome me, I'm new!

Being accused of stealing... - April 27th 2009, 05:35 AM

Sorry if this is in the wrong section. I'm not sure where else to move it to.

I got accused of stealing at Longs Drugs yesterday because I am "in the store every other day, head straight to the cosmetics, and never buy anything." Which is an utter. LIE.

I'll save you all the details, but basically I went to complain to the manager about it. I told him that I like to look at makeup, and that I'm not an impulse buyer but I usually do end up buying something when I come to the store--the reason why I'm in every other day is because I live a decent distance away and, well, it's great exercise. All he said is that he would review the security details; he didn't bother getting my contact info or anything. I complained to my parents. He told them the same thing. My parents demanded on a followup, though. I don't think he believes I'm innocent either.

My questions are:

a. How long do they keep security footage for, if any of you know? Because I want this dealt with before all evidence supporting me is gone,
b. Do you think he'll really call back? Or does it sound like he's just going to let it drop? Should I contact someone higher up to deal with this lazy and uninterested manager and the accusing security guard?

I'm really stressed out about this. Even though I know I didn't take anything, I'm just worried that he'll be looking for a reason to support the security guard and accuse me of stealing anyway. How good is the quality of cameras? If he sees me close or examining products and suspects me of stealing the quality is good enough so he can see me put it down if I didn't want it, right?

If you ever need to talk, feel free to PM me!
  Send a message via AIM to HybridMoon Send a message via Yahoo to HybridMoon  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
star_crossd Offline
Color Me Chaotic
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Sam

Re: Being accused of stealing... - April 27th 2009, 06:02 AM

Hey HybridMoon. It sounds like the manager doesnt really give a damn about this, if he didnt even ask for your info or anything. I think theres a good chance they'll just let it drop. I wouldnt worry too much about it, you're innocent and if they do review the security cameras, they'll be able to see this. The fact that you approached the manager yourself should tell them right away that you didnt do anything wrong. Maybe you could walk to a different store, where security guards and managers arent such jerks

Yesterday I saw you kissing tiny flowers
But everything that lives is born to die
And so I say to you that nothing really matters
And all you do is stand and cry.

Music is life. Start living.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
msbunnykins Offline
Obsessive cat owner.
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Being accused of stealing... - April 27th 2009, 01:38 PM

Personally, I would call him and get his supervisors contact information. He has to give it to you, and if he does not then contact the company. It is wrong what he is doing to you, and I'm sorry but in America you are innocent until proven guilty, and not the other way around. If he is not going to be fair in his actions, then you need to speak with his supervisor about it. Just don't let it get you upset, because you know that you did nothing wrong. If the camera is not of high quality it can probably be fought. I wouldn't return there, though.

Closed Thread