TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General For questions or discussions that do not fit elsewhere, post here. Please check all forum descriptions before posting here to be sure there is not a better location for your thread.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
CrystalJade Offline
Junior TeenHelper

New car issue... - October 13th 2015, 02:48 AM

My husband and I bought a new to us car last week. We had a trade in but it wasn't with us so the dealer did something called a "blind bid" on it and they gave us a good deal (it's actually the suggested trade in on Kelly Blue Book). The dealer asked for a pic just for reference and we told him what wasn't accurate on the picture. We picked up the car on Saturday, drove it an hour and a half to our apartment then the next day drove it an hour to the dealer. The salesman met us there and even drove it himself. Fast forward to today... The dealer claims they can't get it started to move it into the repair shop. Then they claimed it wasn't like the picture. When my husband told him we were clear about the issues we knew about they tried to say that the lowest they can go on a blind bid is what he gave us. He's trying to say he can change how much he offered.

Neither my husband nor I are mechanics and the salesman drove it after we dropped it off. It was running when we dropped it off and gave them the title. We have already signed the financing papers for the prices given for the new car minus the trade in.

I'm scared because I'm afraid of what may happen and I can't get stuck with a car that who knows what happened to it (it was on their lot). I'm not going to lie, it did have issues but what they are saying is not the issues we had with it at all.

Does anyone know anything about this stuff?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Philomath Offline
Love is > your mistakes
I can't get enough

Re: New car issue... - October 13th 2015, 12:42 PM

Hi There,

I am not aware of how to handle this issue. I am not educated on cars at all.
It could be helpful for you to maybe speak with a different mechanic in the area for advice. You also may be able to go look at the car on the lot, explain what issues it had versus what issues it has now. If the car has issues that you did not know about than you should try to not be billed for issues caused once it was on your lot.
The main thing though to learn from this is to always have the papers you need when going to invest in a new car. Even if they are at home, go back and get them or return a different day. Always log what you notice is going on so that you have proof of your own to back up your current information.
I know this is not much help however I hope that this gets resolved soon so that you can keep the new car.
Take care.

Closed Thread