TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General For questions or discussions that do not fit elsewhere, post here. Please check all forum descriptions before posting here to be sure there is not a better location for your thread.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
TMcCarthy Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Thumbs up Honest responses please - March 8th 2016, 03:30 PM

Hi everyone,

I was hoping to get some honest responses to the following questions:

1) Imagine a girl in your class got sick. What would you do? How would you feel about her?

2) How would you feel if you got sick in public?

3) Do you worry about being sick?

Thank you!!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Sophrosyne Offline
The Cute Half

I can't get enough

Name: Raven

Re: Honest responses please - March 8th 2016, 08:57 PM

1) I would be concerned and hope she was okay if it was a really bad sickness, but other than that I would just hope she gets better soon. There wouldn't be anything I could actively do to make her feel better faster, that would be up to her immune system.

2) I've gotten sick in public a few times and it depends what kind of sick. If it was just a cold I would just sit through it and try and find tissues to bear it out till I got home, if it was actual vomiting I would try and find a way to leave.

3) I don't constantly worry about being sick no, but I have occasionally gone 'I hope I don't get sick, I have to go out tomorrow' or something similar to that anyway.

I hope that answered them correctly, tell me if I didn't.
Take care.

Senior HelpLINK Mentor | Forum Moderator
Clothed in strength and dignity,
and laughs without fear of the future.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Heathen Offline
Beauty and Bedlam
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jordan

Re: Honest responses please - March 8th 2016, 09:05 PM

1) I would be concerned as to her wellbeing. Depending on how well I know her I might offer assistance with getting her to the nurse/finding her medication, but if we aren't well acquainted I would simply hope she feels better soon. There isn't much you can do for a sick person except give them well wishes and make sure they have adequate rest and treatment. The rest relies on their body to get better.

2) If we're talking vomiting, I've gotten sick several times in public. I usually am embarrassed later on, but at the time I am too ill to care what anybody thinks; I'm just focus on getting myself to a place where I can be sick without interrupting others. If we're talking colds/flu/strep/things like that, there isn't much I can do about it; I just have to tough it out.

3) I do worry about getting sick. I kind of have a thing about germs. It's not as bad as it used to be; I'm not preoccupied with it or anything, but if I person near me is coughing a lot I'll get grossed out and want to step away from them.

The moon asked the crow
For a little show
In the hazy milk of twilight
No one had to know
The moon asked the crow...
  Send a message via Yahoo to Heathen  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
cynefin Offline

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Honest responses please - March 8th 2016, 09:25 PM

1. I'd feel concerned for her and I'd tell her to feel better soon. Other than that, there's not much I could do to help her. I'd definitely keep her in my thoughts though.

2. I've had a cold in public, and have gotten a fever in public. We went out on a shopping trip once and I didn't get a fever until we were in the middle of the store.

3. I do worry about being sick. I'm afraid of germs so I always clean things and I wash my hands as much as I can. I always have wipes or something on me. I have a huge fear of vomiting from my past so that is always something that's on my mind, and it interferes with what I eat and how I am with food in general.

Articles & Resources Officer|Lead Moderator|Senior Newsletter Editor
The mountains are calling and I must go.
1941-2016

They whispered to her
you cannot withstand the storm
she whispered back
i am the storm.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Lionheart Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Oliver

Re: Honest responses please - March 12th 2016, 07:33 PM

1. If we're close I would ask her if there's anything I can do for her (like call her parents, or go to the nurse office with her). If we're not close I would just hope she get's better soon but nothing more. Though, if she seems like she needs some help I would ask her if there'ssomethign I can do for her nonetheless.

2. If you mean, like throwing up, I don't know... I would probably feel horribly embarressed and helpless... but usually I feel it when I get sick, so I would probably not go somewhere public, or if I already am, excuse myself and get to the nearest toilett or something like that.

3. Not really. I usually trust my body not to get sick and usually it works rather well and I know enough tricks to avoid it

It's ok to give in to an urge or make a mistake. You are only human and we all have our flaws. We all have our weak moments and we all make mistakes. Thats what makes us human.
Thats what makes us unique and beautiful

Courage isn't always a loud roar. Sometimes it is a quiet whisper at the end of a day saying: Tomorrow I will try it again!

(#6 (permalink)) Old
MWF Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Robert

Re: Honest responses please - March 14th 2016, 05:52 PM

1. I would barely notice. I would do nothing to alter my habits because I never get sick anyway.
2. I'd laugh it off.
3. Never.

Wish I lived in Canada. UPDATE, NOV. 9th, 2016: This statement has become even more appropriate.
I vow that I will attack this endeavor with an enthusiasm unknown to mankind. Jim Harbaugh

"Being an adult sucks. The only positives are weed, sex, and cars, and I have none of those right now." -Me

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hatred cannot drive out hatred; only love can do that." -Martin Luther King Jr.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Gwynbleidd Offline
Seeking Zireael
Average Joe

Name: Mike

Re: Honest responses please - March 15th 2016, 09:29 PM

1. Probably wouldn't notice.
2. Would feel like crap due to sickness not public place
3. Rarely

Tell me a lie in a beautiful way,
I believe in answers, just not today

"Ced'mil, bloede dh'oine... Hocus-pocus... Abracadabra...Arse blathanna..."

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Can you hear the silence?
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Honest responses please - March 15th 2016, 11:33 PM

I would offer her support if I saw her around. Theres not much you can do apart from hope she gets better I'm sure she wouldn't want people fussing over her most people just want to get better and relax when they aren't feeling well.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Hypothesis. Offline
Not significant.

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dez

Re: Honest responses please - March 23rd 2016, 10:36 PM

1) No different? I mean if I knew her I'd maybe text her to say feel better but.. If it was something serious I'd be worried.

2) Do you mean like vomiting? If so I'd be really embarrassed because I'd hate that. But it'd die down.

3) If others around me are sick I'm afraid of catching it.

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Shy Brian Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Erm, Brian

Re: Honest responses please - March 24th 2016, 01:20 AM

(The type of sick I'm thinking of when I read this is something like a cold or virus.)

1. I probably wouldn't think too much of it. The thoughts I would have are "Man, I feel sorry for her! It sucks sitting sick in class." And "I hope I catch what she has, so I don't have to come to school tomorrow."

2. In public.....if I got sick in public I would be a very grumpy person. Not feeling good and is stuck in a place full of bustling people is not a comforting place to be. Yeah, I would hurry home as fast as I could to get to bed.

3. I don't worry about getting sick. Besides eating and drinking after someone, I'm not much of a germophobe

That was a fun poll by the way.

Closed Thread