TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General For questions or discussions that do not fit elsewhere, post here. Please check all forum descriptions before posting here to be sure there is not a better location for your thread.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: sunny

Disney auditons - June 16th 2016, 10:14 AM

Hi guys,well im from the u.s but i moved to the u.a.e 2 yars ago were i live its fairly boring and i dont go out much anyways....i always loved watching disney shows being a teen i dont know but they were just fun and intresting.I found out that there coming where i live for auditions but i have to take my parents to go and i get nervous when i do things around my parents,and i always am prepared to be judjed by them or my sister.My personlity has been built with very little confidence due to my criticizing and judjy sister she always put me down when i was younger but know she still tries but i stand up for my self.Well i dont know how to tel my parents what i want to do....And i really want to go but i also must choose a talent between singing,dancing,acting or modeling. I love dancing but ive never been to a actual dance school so i dont know a routine just mixed dancing its fun but not a talent.Acting would be easieast but i love singing because songs have lots of meaning to me but i think i wont be best at that as my voice has gotten deeper.I also dont know how to convince my parents to take me and on top of that i do not!!!*emphasis on do not*have a phone so i filled out the form with my moms number i know its sad but ive been asking for one for years..well itd be good to hear from yall asap auditions in 4 days i need advice..............
-sunny
  Send a message via Skype™ to ☼APOLLOdaARCHER☼ 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly

Re: Disney auditons - June 17th 2016, 10:02 AM

I think it's great that you have the opportunity to audition! I understand that it can be hard when we have to tell our parents what we want to do, and have them with us, and that being judged and criticised in the past can leave us feeling that we aren't good enough. But remember that you are entering the audition because you want to do it, and try not to worry about what others think.

As for choosing between singing, dancing, acting or modelling, choose which one you like the most. You'll feel more comfortable doing something that you'll like. But if you still can't decide, it might help to write a pros and cons list for each.

Have you sent the form in? You will have to tell your parents, not only because they have to be with you, but in case someone calls your mom's number. Also, if your parents are going to take you, you need to make sure that they are free and available to do this. Perhaps when your parents aren't busy or distracted, you could let them know that the auditions are coming, and that you've entered, and ask if they are able to go with you to the auditions. If your parents have things going on, they may not react too good to the news, so it's better that you let them know as soon as possible, rather than leave it to last minute. Also, for future reference, it might help to check in with your parents before you sign up to things, as this can make it easier on them.

Otherwise, best of luck!

HelpLINK and Live Help Officer
Feel free to PM me! Even if I canít help, Iím always going to listen <3
SKITTLIFY!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: sunny

Re: Disney auditons - June 19th 2016, 09:44 AM

Thanks that really helped me to organize how ill do this and i told them and there ok with it but im just waiting to see how things turn out
-sunny
  Send a message via Skype™ to ☼APOLLOdaARCHER☼ 
Closed Thread