TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General For questions or discussions that do not fit elsewhere, post here. Please check all forum descriptions before posting here to be sure there is not a better location for your thread.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
KimmyKitty Offline
Queen Kitty Bae
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Kimberly

Leisure time and productive time advice - August 1st 2016, 03:17 AM

Hi, I'm not sure which forum this would fit in, so i decided to put this here. I'm not really sure how to start this but I'll try my best to explain. Okay so I am currently on summer break and have just been spending my time doing leisure activities. I'm struggling with this because i have thoughts about whether i should be doing productive activities. I question whether its wrong to spend my whole summer doing what i want to do. I guess I'm just looking for advice here. I just have this burning feeling inside that i need to be perfect and that i need to do things that are productive. I often feel like the activities I enjoy, are not productive and that its a bad thing. I feel as if i can't enjoy any activities i like to do which include watching shows, movies and playing internet games. I feel this way because these activities dont seem productive whatsoever. I also worry about what other people think of me doing these activities. I'm also wondering if there is a healthy amount of time that should be spent doing leisure activities. I wonder if maybe i started doing some chores around the house if this feeling would go away. I don't want to feel as if I'm being unproductive and childlike. But I'm also wondering is it so wrong to do things that i want to do during this summer break? I'm in college so when i go back, i wont really have much time to do things that i like. Any advice for any of this? Thanks for reading

SKITTLIFY!

Random Cat!
  Send a message via Skype™ to KimmyKitty 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
luckiicloverxx Offline
Staff On Leave

Regular TeenHelper

Name: Kyra

Re: Leisure time and productive time advice - August 1st 2016, 12:28 PM

Hey there!

I'm about to go into my last year of high school, so I have a ton of things I have to do this summer (coursework and revision) before I go back. If you don't have any work you need to do, then I'd say take advantage of the break and do whatever you want! Once you graduate and start working, I doubt you'd be able to have two month vacations totally free of obligations! Don't feel guilty about it and just think of it as a reward for all the hard work you've been doing in the past academic year!

Hope this helped and feel free to PM me if you ever want to talk about anything!

Kyra
  Send a message via Skype™ to luckiicloverxx 
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Fallingforyou Offline
#radpenguin
Average Joe

Name: Leonie

Re: Leisure time and productive time advice - August 1st 2016, 04:27 PM

Hello!

I'm in the exact same situation right now because technically I'm on holiday and I invested lots of time and energy into getting good grades during the past year, so I both need and deserve a break, but I just can't bring myself to take it.
In my opinion you can benefit from watching shows, movies and playing internet games in many ways. For example, you can gather much information that might come in handy some day from really paying attention to the episode you are currently watching. Or you could play a game that requires fast clicking in order to train your reaction speed or learn more about how to build a strategy by focusing on a teamwork quest. The only activity that would be completely useless would be to clear your head and stare at the wall for several hours and as long as you're not doing that I don't see anything wrong with taking more time to yourself than usually.

Doing chores is always a good idea and you could definitely try to include that kind of productive acitivity in your day as well. It's not a must, though, and no one is going to blame you for enjoying your time off

Have a nice day!

Hakuna matata - it means no worries for the rest of your days.

Closed Thread