TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General For questions or discussions that do not fit elsewhere, post here. Please check all forum descriptions before posting here to be sure there is not a better location for your thread.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Elision Offline
Formerly Pan221
Regular TeenHelper

Dealing with loneliness - August 7th 2016, 04:26 PM

I wasn't really sure where to put this so feel free to move it

I've just been feeling really lonely at the moment. It's probably because it's school holidays at the moment and I live like 2 hours away from my school so I can't see my friends at all. I just feel really isolated and like I've got no one to talk to. But then I think about going back and that doesn't seem particularly appealing either because I don't wanna be stuck with the same old people for another year even though I love them all dearly. I kinda feel like I need other people to talk to. But then I spent a few days with some new people and I haven't spoken to them since either. I would just say I'm stressed because we're moving house but I've done it so many times it shouldn't really stress me anymore. I don't know really. I just feel really isolated with no one to talk to.

Anyway, it was good to get this out - rant over

I am inimitable, I am an original

If you cannot reach me to fly, teach me to sing

(#2 (permalink)) Old
.Brittany. Offline
AKA Reckless Emotion

TeenHelp Addict

Name: Brittany

Re: Dealing with loneliness - August 8th 2016, 12:44 AM

Feeling lonely is always rough, I know the feeling all too well. What I can recommend that helps me is I go into the chat room! Most of the time there is someone in there that you could talk to. Hopefully that will help make you feel a little less lonely. Maybe you could also go out somewhere and try and make some more friends? I know that's hard for most people, but maybe you could give it a try? Don't forget you're never alone. We're here for you. Message me if you need anything.

“You are braver than you believe,
stronger than you seem,
and smarter than you think.”

HelpLINK Mentor | Live Help Mentor | Article Editor
Forum & Chat Moderator

(#3 (permalink)) Old
luckiicloverxx Offline
Staff On Leave

Regular TeenHelper

Name: Kyra

Re: Dealing with loneliness - August 8th 2016, 06:26 AM

Hey Eve,

I'm sorry if this is me totally misreading your situation (because it sounds a bit like how I was feeling a while ago), but it sounds to me like you're more bored than lonely. You do seem to have people to talk to, your old friends and the new people you got to know, but you don't feel like talking to them. It may be that you are lonely in the sense that you don't feel like you have a friend who really gets you, but I think you might feel less lonely if you had things to do, like a new hobby or project.

Again, sorry if I'm totally misinterpreting this, but I hope it helped a bit!

Feel free to PM me if you ever need to talk!

Kyra
  Send a message via Skype™ to luckiicloverxx 
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Elision Offline
Formerly Pan221
Regular TeenHelper

August 8th 2016, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Brittany. View Post
Feeling lonely is always rough, I know the feeling all too well. What I can recommend that helps me is I go into the chat room! Most of the time there is someone in there that you could talk to. Hopefully that will help make you feel a little less lonely. Maybe you could also go out somewhere and try and make some more friends? I know that's hard for most people, but maybe you could give it a try? Don't forget you're never alone. We're here for you. Message me if you need anything.
Thank you for your help! I really love making new friends because I've had to do it so often that I've actually come to like talking to random people, so that's probably something I could try. I've tried to organise meeting up with some friends from my previous school (I still live in the area) but one of them isn't allowed out with us until she's passed an exam which is really upsetting because once I've moved I won't be able to see her. So we're trying to find a solution. Anyway thank you again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckiicloverxx View Post
Hey Eve,

I'm sorry if this is me totally misreading your situation (because it sounds a bit like how I was feeling a while ago), but it sounds to me like you're more bored than lonely. You do seem to have people to talk to, your old friends and the new people you got to know, but you don't feel like talking to them. It may be that you are lonely in the sense that you don't feel like you have a friend who really gets you, but I think you might feel less lonely if you had things to do, like a new hobby or project.

Again, sorry if I'm totally misinterpreting this, but I hope it helped a bit!

Feel free to PM me if you ever need to talk!

Kyra
This could very well be the case, I've been doing nothing but schoolwork and packing really this holiday. Although I do enjoy time on my own. The time when it really hit me was when my sister had a friend over for the night and I just felt so alone. But I've started playing the trumpet again everyday and I'm actually really enjoying it, so I will continue and probably try and learn some new pieces on the piano too to give me something to do. Thank you for your help!

I am inimitable, I am an original

If you cannot reach me to fly, teach me to sing

Last edited by arepo; August 8th 2016 at 05:56 PM. Reason: Merging posts. :)

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Rosset Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Rosseline

Re: Dealing with loneliness - August 22nd 2016, 06:45 AM

You know what, I had the same problem too. I did ask in lot of forums about this, and I came up with an amazing answer from a friend.
"The one good thing you can do when your lonely is spend time with the most beautiful and purest minds. Go spend time in some orphanage. Play and share your knowledge with the kids there. Or go spend some time in an old age home. See how even the old are finding new things to engage themselves. And if you don't find any of this, go play with a dog. You will never find yourself alone."
So true isn't it. Well I got a dog after that and yes I don't feel lonely anymore.

Closed Thread