TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   General (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f3-general/)
-   -   How to delete a thread (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f3-general/t146949-how-delete-thread/)

xxlilylilxx August 14th 2016 01:12 PM

How to delete a thread

I want to delete a thread but I can't seem to find a way to

arepo August 14th 2016 01:42 PM

Re: How to delete a thread

Hey there!

Unfortunately, you cannot delete threads that you have posted. In the Terms of Service you agreed to upon joining it says:

Quote:

• The user understands that TeenHelp does not remove or edit the user's account or content in the eventuality that the user regrets submitting it.

You can find this quote in the Legal Statements under the Eligibility section here. Sorry if this wasn't the answer you were looking for, but these terms are in place for a reason.

Take care and feel free to PM me if you have any questions. :)

Lizzie August 14th 2016 01:43 PM

Users can not delete their own threads. However if the thread has some sort of rule violation, or states personal information, the moderator of the forum can remove it. You can report the thread in the upper right hand corner of the post and write your reason for why you think it should be removed. It will be reviewed by staff and handled. :)

cynefin August 14th 2016 02:20 PM

As the others said, you can't remove a thread. However, if the thread is still open and you are the one who posted it, you can ask the the moderator of that forum to close it for you if you want.

.:Bibliophile:. August 14th 2016 04:28 PM

I would also like to add that you have, I believe, three days to edit posts that you make. So, if there are things in the thread that you don't want in it you can edit them out if that three days has not passed.

And, as stated, if it is over three days you can request that the moderator of the forum close the thread for you.

DeletedAccount24 August 14th 2016 11:13 PM

You need to give the moderators a good reason why you want your thread deleted. Present your case by PMing a forum mod or by reporting your original post in the thread, and someone will get back to you as soon as possible. :)

Like Oliver said, TeenHelp does not delete posts because a user doesn't like what they said. Only revealing information and triggering details will get edited out. Other than that, it's all up to you to make the best judgement when you start a thread. :)

arepo August 15th 2016 01:28 PM

I'm going to close this thread now since there are not really any other answers to be given on this topic. If you have any questions feel free to message me.

Take care. :)