TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General For questions or discussions that do not fit elsewhere, post here. Please check all forum descriptions before posting here to be sure there is not a better location for your thread.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
itzz.casper Offline
~Unicorns~
Average Joe

Name: Casper

How Do I Advoid Fights While On Probation???? - January 23rd 2017, 07:37 PM

If this in a wrong place feel free to move it

To say Im a bad kid could be a way. But Im on probation for tempted murder (My brother died and I basically put his killer in critical condition) Am I proud of that? Ehhhh not the best thing I ever done. But now im on 11 months on probation (It ends December 31,2017). So baically if I lay a finger or hurt anyone im sentence to life in jail. And I have everyone trynna pick fight wit me. The populars mostly. And I wanna slam their fuckin face in a wall or put them in a centary. I dont like em and they wanna start somthin wit me. Its takin me everythin I got not to kill them. I wanna fight em but I also dont. Cause of my probation. How do I advoid this????????

I'm not looking for sympathy, just understanding- Jacoby Shaddix <3

(#2 (permalink)) Old
JazzyJazz Offline
Associate HelpLINK Mentor
Regular TeenHelper

Re: How Do I Advoid Fights While On Probation???? - January 27th 2017, 12:28 PM

Hello. :]

As I'm sure you realise, this is all about self control. Even if people are getting right up in your face, you're going to have to be strong and tell yourself it's not worth going to jail for. Take a deep breath and walk away wherever possible. Or tell them, "You're not worth it" and then ignore them after that. They are doing this to make you angry. If you don't show them that you're angry, you've won. :]

I can understand that if people are trying to pick a fight with you, it must get very frustrating and the anger builds up more and more over time. My advice is to find a healthy way to release those feelings using inanimate objects, so that you avoid the risk of taking them out on a person. Some examples would be to punch a pillow, scream or throw something as hard as you can into a wide open space, scribble on a sheet of paper, etc.

I also think that talking to someone about how you are feeling might be helpful for you. If you haven't seen them already regarding this incident, I would suggest speaking with your school counsellor. You might not like this idea, but the more people you can get on your side to support you during this difficult time, the better. And having a safe space where you can go to let off steam when it all gets too much is very important in life. Have a think about it?

11 months may seem like a long time, but it will pass and you will feel a huge sense of achievement if you do this. It is going to be tough, but if you develop some coping strategies like the ones I mentioned in this post, and reach out for help from those who can help you (i.e. the school counsellor), you'll find it easier.

I am pleased you decided to reach out to us on TeenHelp too. We will do our best to help you. You can message me at any time. :]

Take care of yourself.

~ Jasmine

Be kind to yourself.

Closed Thread