TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General For questions or discussions that do not fit elsewhere, post here. Please check all forum descriptions before posting here to be sure there is not a better location for your thread.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
danh19 Offline
Not a n00b

Name: daniel

guilt - March 4th 2017, 01:57 PM

I just had ago at someone who I shouldn't have even if what I said was true considering that she is in a abusive relationship maybe I am a bad person and just trying to convince myself other wise but she hit on a nerve and I couldn't bottle it up anymore

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Iridescent. Offline
I've been here a while

Re: guilt - March 5th 2017, 05:49 PM

Hey, I am sorry to hear you had an argument with someone. We all say something we eventually regret in a heated moment and wish we can take it back. The best thing to do right now is calmly approach this person, apologize, and talk it out. If it gets to be too much, then tell them you need to take a step back. There's nothing wrong with needing to step away, it doesn't make you a bad person, but you won't be filled with regret having said something you shouldn't have said.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Joacimbssn Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Joacim Bosson

Re: guilt - March 10th 2017, 03:16 PM

Hello. I agree with wanderlust. Sometimes we say things we don't mean when we are in the verge of our emotions.. Just calm yourself down, apologize to that person, and try your very best to not do it again..

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Nala Offline
Clarity
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Ellie

Re: guilt - March 10th 2017, 08:00 PM

Hi, Daniel!

Those in an abusive relationship often realize it's abusive but it isn't as easy to actually leave as they sometimes become dependent on their abusive partner emotionally and financially. You may be stating the truth but it isn't easy for her to see yet. I hope she gets help and gets away from her abusive relationship.

Do you still have a way to contact her? Perhaps you could apologize to her and politely explain why she upset you. A civil and respectful chat could be good for both of you. It is also okay to take a step back from any chat to regroup your thoughts to prevent saying something you'll later regret. And Daniel? You aren't a bad person. Everyone has arguments, sometimes with people they didn't intend to argue with, and sometimes they say things they shouldn't have. It doesn't make you a bad person and actually, the fact that you realize you shouldn't have argued with her shows personal growth. It isn't easy to admit when we shouldn't have done something so I'm proud of you for that.

Take care, Daniel!

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son,
that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
~ John 3:16 (KJV)

(#5 (permalink)) Old
danh19 Offline
Not a n00b

Name: daniel

Re: guilt - March 10th 2017, 09:14 PM

thanks and we sorted it out now

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Narrative. Offline
Demons Jim, demons.

TeenHelp Addict

Re: guilt - March 10th 2017, 10:55 PM

Since the issue appears to be sorted now, I'm going to close this thread. PM me if you want it reopened, or feel free to make a new one if you need.

it's a whisper turned a battle cry
we're still here 'cause we refuse to die

Closed Thread