TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General For questions or discussions that do not fit elsewhere, post here. Please check all forum descriptions before posting here to be sure there is not a better location for your thread.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount30

Edit avatar

Clarification on a specific TeenHelp feature. - May 26th 2017, 04:53 PM

[Not sure where this belongs, feel free to move the thread.]

Hey!

I was just wondering, do we have some sort of feature which notifies us on our phone every time we get a new notification (on the site)? I know there are options to opt for email notifications for new PMs and friend requests but what about if I want the feature for all notifications (such as VMs, something new on a thread I subscribed to etc.)?

I'm usually waiting for a reply to a VM/PM all the time, and it makes me keep re-checking the website a hundred times a day, so the mobile notifications would be very welcome.

I'm not sure if I should suggest this idea to the developers or if this idea has already been implemented and I just don't know it.

All replies are welcome. Thanks for your time.

Love. - xx

(#2 (permalink)) Old
FallonRose Offline
Mind Mischief
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Fallon

Re: Clarification on a specific TeenHelp feature. - May 26th 2017, 10:18 PM

This is a great question as I haven't thought of this myself!
I don't know what kind of accounts you have connected on your phone but every time I get an email, I get notified on my phone because I have my gmail connected to my phone. If you have a smartphone, I would suggest downloading your email's app on your phone so that way you could get notified that way?

Live Help Mentor 4/29/2017
Message me if you need anything.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
~Radio Flyer~ Offline
Please call that story back.

I've been here a while

Name: Violet

Re: Clarification on a specific TeenHelp feature. - May 27th 2017, 02:15 AM

I believe the email system on TH has not been working properly for maybe over a year now? I could be wrong but I don't think it was fixed yet. But you have a good idea and I like Fallon's idea as well

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount30

Edit avatar

Re: Clarification on a specific TeenHelp feature. - May 27th 2017, 03:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallonRose View Post
This is a great question as I haven't thought of this myself!
I don't know what kind of accounts you have connected on your phone but every time I get an email, I get notified on my phone because I have my gmail connected to my phone. If you have a smartphone, I would suggest downloading your email's app on your phone so that way you could get notified that way?
Hey Fallon!

I do have my Gmail account linked to my phone, but I've never recieved emails for VM or other kind of notifications. Should I be getting them?

Hey Susie!

Yeah, that might be it, I remember something about the email system being down last year too. I hope that gets fixed soon!

Thank you, both of you, for replying. If nobody else has anything to add, this thread can now be closed.

Thanks again.

Love. - xx

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Fading Light. Offline
I'm sorry you lost.
TeenHelp Addict

Re: Clarification on a specific TeenHelp feature. - May 28th 2017, 02:41 AM

Hi Nandan,

Unfortunately TeenHelp's email system has been down for a while so any email-related notifications aren't going to be coming through at the moment. Since there isn't really an alternative method of receiving these kind of notifications (and therefore not much anyone can add in further responses), I'm going to go ahead and close this thread. Feel free to PM me if you would like it reopened or if you have any questions.

Take care,
Chess

if you know the hunter's coming
then you hide or keep on running
'cause she's slain the gods before.

Closed Thread