TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General For questions or discussions that do not fit elsewhere, post here. Please check all forum descriptions before posting here to be sure there is not a better location for your thread.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Aaron, Offline
Crumbling away
Average Joe

Name: Aaron

Why is TH so dead lately? - October 31st 2017, 11:13 PM

So I've been coming here for a long time on and off. Whenever I feel like my old angsty teen self. (like, 10-11 years)

Back in the day, it was alive. Chat was full, especially at night. When you were sittin there all fucked in your emotions, mods in chat would be like feel better mmkay?

Now its just a pathetic side note at the bottom of your page. Threads that are 2 years old are on the first page of sub forums. Like legit theres no one to talk to when I'm feeling lonely as fuck. It sucks. kay done

7:55 AM [Hotard] everything is triggering
7:55 AM [Hotard] what if someone is allergic to the dough
7:55 AM [Hotard] and they get maniac rage burst
11:22 AM [Metallica] men think with their penises...to some extent
11:22 AM [~Emily~] One head or the other

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess~
There is no way that you are pregnant, and if you are your child is Jesus.
  Send a message via AIM to Aaron, Send a message via MSN to Aaron,  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Why is TH so dead lately? - November 1st 2017, 12:56 AM

Chat has good periods and bad. We recently got through not having chat for quite some time so it's possible that people just haven't gotten used to chat being back. Also, this tends to be a time when people are busier with school and family commitments and aren't able to be on as much. I notice that chat and the site tend to be more active around summer time and around the end of the year when a large majority of people are on winter break. However, there are still a lot of users that will have differing schedules around those times as well.

The thing that can be hard about a site like th is that we get people from all over the world so even though you may be up there is likely a lot of people who aren't.

As for the forums, there are forums that are less active than others. It's likely that the forums you are seeing with threads from two years ago, are the less active ones.

It can definitely suck when th isn't busy but the longer you stick around the more you will get used to the activity levels.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
MWF Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Robert

Re: Why is TH so dead lately? - November 2nd 2017, 06:41 AM

Maybe there was a generation of teens that felt like they grew out of using TH? I don't know. Most of my angsty problems are either solved or solvable, so I mostly just come on here to argue about politics.

Wish I lived in Canada. UPDATE, NOV. 9th, 2016: This statement has become even more appropriate.
I vow that I will attack this endeavor with an enthusiasm unknown to mankind. Jim Harbaugh

"Being an adult sucks. The only positives are weed, sex, and cars, and I have none of those right now." -Me

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hatred cannot drive out hatred; only love can do that." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Closed Thread