TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives    The Holiday Resource

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General For questions or discussions that do not fit elsewhere, post here. Please check all forum descriptions before posting here to be sure there is not a better location for your thread.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount27

Edit avatar

Does it really matter? - March 16th 2018, 06:09 AM

So as soon as I buy some craft supplies, I'm going to be making cards for a children's hospital. It's an overseas hospital but it's a pretty big organisation and they said they accept cards from other countries so that's fine. Actually, I don't know if it's a non-profit organization or if it's a specific hospital that does it because all the cards seem to go to one children's hospital. I didn't notice it before but on the website they asked if you could put your return address so you could receive a thank you letter from the charity. It didn't sound like a requirement or anything, just a request. But the thing is, I wasn't planning on putting my address on the cards because of my mom. She is suspicious of a lot of charities, especially overseas ones and she doesn't like me giving my information out. I guess I can never be 100% sure of anything so let's just say I'm 99.9% sure this one is legit or else I would find another to support. Oh yeah and all the charities she's been suspicious of so far have been real So I was going to just make the cards myself and post them whilst she's not home so she wouldn't know and try to stop me

I still don't want to put my return address on there though. I've sent cards to kids before (different charity) without putting my address and I was going to do the same with this one because I don't want a letter back from the organization.
Do you think it really matters if you don't put a return address on it? Like they'd still deliver it, right? I think what I'm mostly worried about is my cards not getting sent away. I don't really know how the post office works lol

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Hypothesis. Offline
Not significant.

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dez

Re: Does it really matter? - March 16th 2018, 06:24 AM

I think they should still deliver it. The return address is mainly in case something happens that makes the letter undeliverable, like not enough postage or if the delivery address itself is wrong. It's also useful in situations where the person wouldn't otherwise know your address if they want to send something back, but of course if you're not wanting any mail back this part shouldn't be a problem. If you are still concerned though, maybe you can call a post office in your area? I don't know where you live so I can't look up the number of the closest one, but I am sure a Google search could find it, or a general number for postal related questions. but, I think it still should be delivered!

The only cases I can see it not getting to where it needs to be if something happens where the address is wrong or illegible, or if you don't put enough postage. Based on what you said it doesn't seem as if a return address is REQUIRED but is just used to send thank yous, so if you're okay with not getting one, then it should be fine.

It's also really nice what you are doing.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount29

Edit avatar

Re: Does it really matter? - March 16th 2018, 10:16 PM

I don't see why it should be a problem if you don't include your return address on the envelope/package. These organization should be able to take anonymous contributions; that means the sender does not include their address. Like Dez said, it would probably be a good idea to Google it or to call your local post office.

I think it's great what you're doing! If you want to make sure it's legit, I would suggest looking on sites and using resources that verifies those hospitals or organizations as being legitimate. For example, in my state's capital city, there is a hospital that is known world-wide.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Mirabelle Offline
Owl Whisperer
Average Joe

Name: Mirabelle

Re: Does it really matter? - March 23rd 2018, 06:13 PM

Hi there!

I think what you're doing is simply wonderful. The staff will appreciate it and the children will enjoy it. If in doubt as to what type of crafts, take advice from the organisation.

With postal services it's normal standard to give a return address, just in case something isn't delivered. Most organisations will make contributors anonymous, but you should request it in writing.

All the best,

Belle

Closed Thread