TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General For questions or discussions that do not fit elsewhere, post here. Please check all forum descriptions before posting here to be sure there is not a better location for your thread.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
~Radio Flyer~ Offline
Please call that story back.

I've been here a while

Name: Violet

ideas for my birthday - April 1st 2018, 04:08 PM

I'm not going to count on family to care or to even say the words happy birthday, if anything. I'm not going to stay home trying to convince my family to care.

Now with friends it is different, most are online friends (and/or live too far) or we are not close emotionally.
There's one friend whom I've gotten close with in the last few months and I may do something with her the Sunday before. (My birthday is on Tuesday the 10th)
I will be working on my birthday but only a few hours.

Last year I got all these coupons to eat at places that give a free birthday food item but I ended up going out of state (not relating to my birthday) and didn't have a chance to use them.
I just don't want to feel depressed and alone like every other year. Usually my younger sister's birthday on March 30th is the foreshadow to how my birthday turns out 10 days laterbut usually I feel like my birthday turns out worse than hers. And this year her birthday turned out awful (I tried to cheer her up and gave her handmads presents even though we werent on talking terms for like at least 3 weeks leading up to the day of her birthday, but gosh life is hard living in a toxic environment for all parties involved and I decided to reach out to her despite our conflicts. Which I'm still feeling hurt about but I'm loyal like that. But I still don't trust her. It is like if there were soldiers on opposite sides coming together momentarily just because they both needed food to survive and decided to put issues aside and help each other out. or rather one of them reached put and the other just decided to work along without plotting to attack the other. Still can't trust them out of that context. Like of the captain of either side comes long and sees this, there might just be chaos as I'd helping each other never happened.....) just an idea of how things are at home. There are times we put our issues aside and try to celebrate and other times the worst happens on birthdays. Which is why I just want to not put my family first in my birthday plans. However I'm at a lost of alternatives. Any ideas?

ps: In the past I'd not buy anything for myself in a long time then overspend one day and then to make myself feel less ashamed call it a birthday present to make up for the many lost birthdays but I would rather plan it out and within my budget if I'm going to buy myself something. I would also hope that someone has ideas of things to do on that day or that week rather than simply buying material things (although im totally craving arts and craft supplies and some books) .

(#2 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Online
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: ideas for my birthday - April 1st 2018, 05:54 PM

Hey,

You could take yourself out to a nice lunch and if you have any friend's ask them to go?

I don't tend to celebrate birthdays but in the past I used to go see a movie I was looking forward too and maybe get something to eat. It was usually something I didn't get often.

I hope someone else comes around with some suggestions.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

Closed Thread