TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General For questions or discussions that do not fit elsewhere, post here. Please check all forum descriptions before posting here to be sure there is not a better location for your thread.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Melancholia. Offline
Devil Dez

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dez

Driver's license test instructor - is it worth it? - April 23rd 2018, 01:59 AM

As some of you may know, I took my driver's license test yesterday and failed. It was a very stupid mistake on my part and I understand why I failed even though I am very upset about it and also VERY scared I am going to fail again.

However, that's not my issue today unless anyone wants to give me advice or reassurance on it anyway. It'd still be appreciated.

I do have an issue with the instructor.

When I was pulling in to my parking space, he pulled the emergency brake as I was pulling in, stating I was getting too close to the car I was pulling in next to. He also told me to pull hard to the left when taking the brake off. I 100% know I wasn't, and was actually about to move to the left as he pulled the emergency brake. So, the car was moving and suddenly stopped and wouldn't move so I looked at him trying to figure out what happened, only to figure out he pulled it.

Even my dad agrees that I had plenty of room and was doing a fine job parking. That's not the issue though, the issue is that he pulled the brake while I was IN MOTION. It could have damaged the car. In fact, the car was making a knocking noise for a little while after but fortunately it didn't last long before it stopped.

My brother in law says I should file a complaint against him because he did this and could have caused damage. My dad said I shouldn't do this because it likely wouldn't get me anywhere and also I don't want to make them mad over that DMV because I do have to take the test again. is it worth it to complain?

Also, my brother in law said when I go to test again, I can refuse that specific inspector. I don't know how many inspectors are available at one time so I don't know if it's feasible. But is it worth trying to if I get him again? I still have his name and badge number.

Let it come and let it be...

Send a message via Yahoo to Melancholia.  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Driver's license test instructor - is it worth it? - April 23rd 2018, 12:59 PM

If you get the same person would it increase your anxiety? If so I would suggest that you consider testing with someone else. I am not sure if you have to schedule your appointment (we do here) but if you do you could probably ask them if you can test with someone besides who you saw that time. I know, for me, asking to test with someone the day of would cause my anxiety to become worse but asking while scheduling would give me time to get to a better place. I know your anxiety might be different though so do what you think would work best.

As for complaining, I agree with your dad. I might be in the minority but it would probably be better to complain after you get your license because you don't know how people will react.

I hope this helped in some way.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Melancholia. Offline
Devil Dez

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dez

Re: Driver's license test instructor - is it worth it? - April 23rd 2018, 06:51 PM

We do have to schedule our appointments online, but I didn't know who my inspector was going to be until I sat down and got the paper with his name on it, so that's probably how it will be this time too.

I'll let them know maybe that if he's the only one available I will take him but if there's someone else I'd like them.

Let it come and let it be...

Send a message via Yahoo to Melancholia.  
Closed Thread