TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General For questions or discussions that do not fit elsewhere, post here. Please check all forum descriptions before posting here to be sure there is not a better location for your thread.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
CelestislOceans Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Sam

I'm worried about one of my friends - June 25th 2019, 06:49 PM

So this just may be a stupid situation and I might just be overthinking everything, but here how it all started.
The other night I had a very vivid dream with myself and my close friend who I'll call Ted to keep things confidential and simple. Now I should go ahead and pause here and I say that I don't have dreams on the regular, and they are almost never clear or vivid. The dream I had the other night was the first vivid dream that I've had in almost a year, so things were already abnormal. In this dream, I mainly saw my friend Ted acting unusual, very suicidal and self-destructive, like sleeping out in freezing temperatures with nothing but summer clothes or running out into traffic on a dark night. Now again, all of this was just so vivid. I saw everything in a clear vision, and I was in it, keeping Ted safe from himself.
When I woke up I still had this sense of dread in me, thinking that Ted had done something to himself. I tried to push this feeling away, but it just wouldn't. My mind was just convinced that something had gone wrong, and soon I was convinced that this dream was telling me something. I also need to stop and mention here that my last vivid dream (a year ago) was about my grandparent's dog getting ran over, and I woke up that morning to a phone call about their dog being killed in a car accident.
So with all of this in mind I texted my friend, Ted, asking him how he was doing. I don't think this would have been weird to him since we haven't seen each other in about two months, but it been about eight hours and he still hasn't responded, and he's usually very quick to respond to texts. I even texted his sister and girlfriend, again just asking how they were doing to make it seem like I wasn't being weird, and neither of them has answered.
I'm just so worried about him, and I haven't been able to really move forward with my day at all because I'm just worried that something is going to happen. Am I overreacting? I feel like I might be overreacting.
Am I overreacting a bit?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Heathen Online
Beauty and Bedlam
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jordan

Re: I'm worried about one of my friends - June 26th 2019, 04:04 AM

It's very sweet that you are so concerned for your friend, and he is lucky to have a friend like you who cares so deeply about him. I wouldn't say you're overreacting. It sounds like in the past you had a dream that coincided with a traumatic event so it makes sense that because you've had a vivid dream again you'd be worried about your friend hurting himself. However, dreams don't predict events. Some will disagree with that but that's what I believe. It's not so much we feel they predict things as we see patterns surrounding them and that's what makes them seem to "come true." I'm not going to go too far off track with that though, other than to say you're probably looking for patterns to tell you something is wrong, like clinging to the fact he usually responds more quickly. The truth is, you don't know if he's okay, but worrying about it excessively, and thinking your dream predicted his decline in health, is a falsehood. You've put your concern out there, both to him and his loved ones. If I were you I would try and focus on other things in my life that are positive and make me feel happy and relaxed. If a couple of days go by with nothing, poke him again.

Hopefully this helps. PM me if you need anything.

The moon asked the crow
For a little show
In the hazy milk of twilight
No one had to know
The moon asked the crow...
  Send a message via Yahoo to Heathen  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Disclosure. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

Jeez, get a life!

Re: I'm worried about one of my friends - June 28th 2019, 09:44 AM

Hi there,

I also agree that you are not overreacting and it's very kind of you that you care so deeply about your friend. Do you know his home address? Could you pay a visit to his house? It might put your mind at ease.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Kleeeniks Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I'm worried about one of my friends - July 19th 2019, 11:00 AM

Hello,you just not be silent in this situation

Closed Thread