TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General For questions or discussions that do not fit elsewhere, post here. Please check all forum descriptions before posting here to be sure there is not a better location for your thread.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
ladoglover Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Life - October 10th 2020, 07:13 PM

Hi, I'm going to pretend this is chat lol.

I'm sorry for any one I was rude to in chat. I'm sorry if I came off too harsh. That's not who I am. I am a good nice caring person. People were rude to me also. I am not the only one that needs to reflect on there behavior. I really do care. I really hope every one finds happiness and enjoys life because it's too short. You can overcome anything.

Oh and if I was in chat I would say I'm taking a nap right now.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
ladoglover Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Life - October 10th 2020, 10:22 PM

Hey what's going on in chat every one? Any one play the sims? Havent played it in a while I think I'm going to go play it . Went to the farmers market today , I wore two masks. So hot today,texas weather. How's every one?

(#3 (permalink)) Old
ladoglover Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Life - October 11th 2020, 03:42 AM

Night all. What's every one chating about? Hope you had a good weekend. Goodnight

(#4 (permalink)) Old
ladoglover Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Life - October 11th 2020, 05:22 PM

Hello, what's everyone doing ?? Does any one care how I am?? I do agility class with my dog for fun. We did that today. Probably just relax today. Maybe a nap.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
ladoglover Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Life - October 11th 2020, 07:50 PM

What's everyone chatting about? What do you do now as an adult for Halloween? I have no friends and no bf so I know this is going to make me sound like a loser . This halloween I'm going to dress up my dog and my mom's dog just for fun, staying at home but still can dress up and then watch some Halloween movies and eat.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Flight. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

Jeez, get a life!

Re: Life - October 12th 2020, 02:04 AM

Hi there,

I hope you feel better now after the incident in the chat room.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
ladoglover Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Life - October 12th 2020, 07:23 PM

Well I'm still banned nothing seems to work. As you can see from me making this forum I am trying to make amends and build friendships or aquantineces by asking how everyone is and engaging in light conversation. But as you see no one is receptive to it. I did tell those people in the chat I made this post and to go read it so they have had the opportunity to see this forum and comment but they haven't. I guess my trying didnt work. I do not know what else to do or try to get people receptive.

We live in a cold hearted world sadly. This world is just geting more and more cold hearted. It's sad.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Melancholia. Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Life - October 12th 2020, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladoglover View Post
Well I'm still banned nothing seems to work. As you can see from me making this forum I am trying to make amends and build friendships or aquantineces by asking how everyone is and engaging in light conversation. But as you see no one is receptive to it. I did tell those people in the chat I made this post and to go read it so they have had the opportunity to see this forum and comment but they haven't. I guess my trying didnt work. I do not know what else to do or try to get people receptive.

We live in a cold hearted world sadly. This world is just geting more and more cold hearted. It's sad.
Lauri, you have been banned from the chat room for one month. You know why you've been banned, you received numerous warning PMs and sent out very nasty message to other Chat Moderators as well as Robin. Seriously, if you want to remain a member on TeenHelp, take a step back and take a good hard look at yourself.

We're not cold-hearted and we don't necessarily hate you, but you push people away with the way you treat them. Haven't you heard of the saying "You attract more flies with honey than vinegar" — or something to that extent — which basically means you treat people with kindness, you will get the same in return.

I suggest taking a few days off the site, review the private messages you received from the Moderating team on why you were chat banned and the suggestions given to you, and focus on other things in the meantime. We want to maintain a safe and healthy environment on this website, especially during times like these what with COVID-19 and the impending elections that could define the fate of our country and the 'free' world.

Just, seriously, Lauri. The reason people aren't replying is because we're exhausted. We're already drained as it is. With seven months of coronavirus an the stress of all the social injustices happening in our country.

Ok, I think that's enough for now.

HelpLINK MentorCommunity Mentor Articles Writer Newsletter Editor

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
ladoglover Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Life - October 12th 2020, 08:45 PM

Okay will do.

Yes with covid 19 going on I need support as well not banned. But okay it is what it is. Take care

(#10 (permalink)) Old
ladoglover Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Life - October 13th 2020, 12:14 AM

I'm sorry for the way I acted. It was rude and there was is no reason for me to act that way when I'm upset. I just need to walk away when I get upset because being rude I realize does not help the situation and only hurts people.

(#11 (permalink)) Old
ladoglover Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Life - October 13th 2020, 03:39 AM

They are very nip picky with the rules here. Over little things you get in trouble. I am going to be more aware of the rules so I don't get forever banned. I realize I need to follow them and not get banned ever again because thats no fun. I realize now that I wouldn't follow the nip picky small rules that causes banning or infractions like you can't say another persons name in the forum. I knew the rule that you couldn't but I assume its no big deal because it really is no big deal and therefore teenhelp will just remove the persons name and go on with there life but nope that never seems to happen they infraction and ban you for small things like that instead of just letting it go.

(#12 (permalink)) Old
ladoglover Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Life - October 13th 2020, 03:44 AM

What's every one chatting about? How is it going? I got really upset today and felt hurt which you really can not get up set when your taking your stimulant , any one know what im talking about? When im taking a stimulant and I get really upset it just makes me feel worse, pounding heart , increased racing thoughts and can't concentrate. I find being calm while on stimulants makes me feel better and more able to get my school work done.

I guess im going to just try to go calm down. feels like my mind is racing . Night {:

(#13 (permalink)) Old
ladoglover Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Life - October 13th 2020, 07:41 PM

Hey what's every one chating about? I hang out with my dog a lot. Who else does? Halloween time is when they have dog costume contests . There still doing them but online. I guess better than not at all.

(#14 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Life - October 14th 2020, 12:04 AM

Hey Lauri,

I hang out with my animals quite a bit. Animals help me cope with certain things. If you get your dog a costume, you should consider submitting that to our fall decoration contest! It would be fun to see your pup dressed up.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#15 (permalink)) Old
ladoglover Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Life - October 14th 2020, 01:34 AM

oh cool. Thought it was just for pumpkins and decorations not dog costumes. Ill see if they will take it. Animals are therapeutic. Take care

(#16 (permalink)) Old
Flight. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

Jeez, get a life!

Re: Life - October 14th 2020, 03:32 AM

Quote:
I'm sorry for the way I acted. It was rude and there was is no reason for me to act that way when I'm upset. I just need to walk away when I get upset because being rude I realize does not help the situation and only hurts people.
It's good that you apologized for your actions.

(#17 (permalink)) Old
Melancholia. Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Life - October 14th 2020, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:Bibliophile:. View Post
Hey Lauri,

I hang out with my animals quite a bit. Animals help me cope with certain things. If you get your dog a costume, you should consider submitting that to our fall decoration contest! It would be fun to see your pup dressed up.
I agree, I think you should do this Lauri! Not only would you have an opportunity to win prizes, it'll help you feel involved with the TeenHelp community outside the chat room.

I hope you'll consider entering the contest.

HelpLINK MentorCommunity Mentor Articles Writer Newsletter Editor

(#18 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly

Re: Life - October 14th 2020, 07:48 PM

I agree that you should enter the competition!

Also, what breed of dog do you have? I love dogs but have never had one. I would love to get a husky one day

HelpLINK and Live Help Officer
Feel free to PM me! Even if I can’t help, I’m always going to listen <3
SKITTLIFY!

(#19 (permalink)) Old
ladoglover Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Life - October 14th 2020, 09:42 PM

My dog was Chuckie , so he had a knife. it was fake. They wouldn't allow it. Ill have to submit another picture of him in a different costume. Husky shed a LOT and require a lot of grooming not to cut there hair as your not supposed to do that but to get like a fur minator done to get rid of some of that hair that's coming off and to help with the shedding a little. I'm not saying do not get a husky. Just letting you know some facts about it as every one should educate themselves about the dog breed there getting before getting a particular breed. I always wanted a husky but after being a dog bather in the past and knowing they shed a lot, I don't want one any more. They are very cute.

My dog is a shih tzu Lhasa apso mix thats the main ones hes mixed with. Hes like medium size 35 pounds. Not over weight. Normal size for him. Not sure where he got the big body from as those breeds are usually only 20 pounds or less. It said the other breeds hes mixed with but only small percentages was chow, boxer, cattle dog and so on so maybe that's where the body came from.

(#20 (permalink)) Old
ladoglover Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Life - October 15th 2020, 07:23 PM

Look what I got How's everyone doing? I got class tonight over zoom.

Date Social Anxiety
(0-10) Depression
(0-10) Anger
(0-10)
ADHD
(0-10) “Blocked Things Out”
(0-10)
School Stress
(0-10)
Felt Cared-For
(0-10) Spent Time with Cody
(0-10)
Mon
/
Tues
/
Wed
/
Thur
/
Fri
/
Sat
/
Sun
/

(#21 (permalink)) Old
ladoglover Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Life - October 16th 2020, 04:29 PM

She doesn't do the gold standard DBT and by that I mean like group , individual and such.

She only has a little bit of experience in DBT and lets me talk a lot Which I am high functioning so that's what I need. I don't need right now in my life the gold standard DBT therapist. I just need a therapist that does a little DBT and lets me talk . Which she does so that's good.

She is also a LPC intern which is weird to me because most interns don't do DBT and they usually do not see people with BPD. So I'm a little confused about that. Maybe since she took some training on DBT she can do it I guess that's why.

She really did not come off as super friendly. It was a little awkward . SHe asked me to tell her about myself and I told her like basic things and she then says well if you don't tell me stuff I can't help you or therapy won't go as well something like that. She really should have asked me specific questions to get me talking. It was strange she just asked me to tell me about myself and expected me to tell her like everything like even the deep stuff like my whole life story to her when it was my first session with her and all she asked was tell me about yourself when she should have asked a lot more specific questions to get to know me better.

I felt that she was uncaring it came off as uncaring to me when she didn't ask specific questions. It felt like she really didn't want to get to know me and did not care. And then blaming me hurt too saying well if you don't tell me stuff this isnt going to work like really lady all your asking me is to tell you about myself, that is it, what do you want me to say. Ugh. Its like use your counseling skills to get me to talk instead of blaming me.

She is pregnant so maybe after the baby she will be better, I don't know. I will only be able to see her one more time and then I can't see her again till January because she's having the baby like really really soon.

(#22 (permalink)) Old
ladoglover Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Life - October 16th 2020, 04:42 PM

lol im already failing at this assignment. I write a lot so there is not enough room and my hand writing is probably not the best therefore I think Im going to type my responses instead so everything fits well and i can say everything i can. I go a little over board. and tell her extra stuff when yes i know thats not how the dbt card or diary not sure what its called is supposed to be used for but thats just what im doing.

Im feeling my own thought patterns i had with other therapist come back but I am controlling it. The urge to tell her everything and wanting to email her about little things like can i type this instead are the thoughts I am having. I am reminding myself that she does not care she really doesn't to prevent myself from texting and emailing her about random stuff in my head. and to prevent text and email her about small stuff i let myself know that she doesn't care, it does not need to be said just type it and move on , it will be fine to type instead of hand write it.

(#23 (permalink)) Old
ladoglover Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Life - October 16th 2020, 07:50 PM

WELLL SHE JUST LEFT ME }: I WAS SO EXCITED ABOUT THE DAIRY CARD. SHE WON'T SEE ME BECAUSE I HAVE ADHD AS WELLA S OTHER DISORDERS SHE KNOWS ABOUT AND SHE APPERANTLY DOES NOT HAVE EXPERIENCE IN THAT.

The mental health system is so messed up. I AM BEING PASSED INSTEAD OF HELPED. I AM BEING STIGMA INSTEAD OF HELPED. I AM TIRED OF NO ONE HELPING ME. I AM TIRED OF IT. I AM TIRED OF TRYING AND NOTHING GETING BETTER. THE sad truth is that there is no one to help me. im on my own like always. I have always had to deal with my mental health on my own because NO THERAPSIT WILL HELP ME AND NONE CARE.

I AM HIGH FUNCTIONING SO I DON'T NEED FULL BLOWN DBT LIKE you know group, individual and so on. I need some one l that does only a little bit of DBT and talking but then its always a but you have these other disorders and so then i can not treat you bye. OR ITS YOU HAVE BPD IM NOT EVEN GIVING YOU A CHANCE THE FACT YOU HAVE IT OR THE THERAPIST SUSPECT I DO THEY LEAVE ME AFTER THE FIRST SESSION EVEN THOUGH IM HUGH FUNCTIONING AND WONT BE A HANDFUL TO THEM BUT THEY DON'T EVEN GIVE ME ACHANCE THEY DONT EVEN GET TO KNOW ME.

The mental health system is so messed up. I AM BEING PASSED INSTEAD OF HELPED. I AM BEING STIGMA INSTEAD OF HELPED. I AM TIRED OF NO ONE HELPING ME. I AM TIRED OF IT. I AM TIRED OF TRYING AND NOTHING GETING BETTER. THE sad truth is that there is no one to help me. im on my own like always. I have always had to deal with my mental health on my own because NO THERAPSIT WILL HELP ME AND NONE CARE.

WHERE IS THE F THERAPIST THAT SEE PEOPLE WITH BPD, ADHD, ANXIETY, DEPRESSION, SOCIAL ANXIETY AND DEPRESSION?????? THERE IS NONE APPERANTLY. I AM JUST F BEING PASSED INSTEAD OF HELPED. ITS NOT RIGHT. ITS NOT FAIR AND ITS WRONG EVEYR ONE ELSE CAN GO GET HELP BUT I CAN'T. THE MENTAL HEALTH SYSTEM IS SO MESSED UP. I DESERVE HELP TOO.

IHAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR A THERPSIT SINCE JUNE 2020 and ITS JUST DISAPPOINTMENT AFTER DISAPPOINTMENT. I AM SICK OF IT. I AM DONE AND DO NOT TELL ME WELL TRY AGAIN BECAUSE THAT WILL PISS ME OFF. I AHVE F TRIED I HAVE .

I M DONE. IM SERIOUSLY DONE. THER EI SNO HELP OR HOPE FOR ME. }:

(#24 (permalink)) Old
ladoglover Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Life - October 16th 2020, 07:57 PM

WHERE IS THE F THERAPIST THAT SEE PEOPLE WITH BPD, ADHD, ANXIETY, DEPRESSION, SOCIAL ANXIETY AND DEPRESSION?????? THERE IS NONE APPERANTLY. I AM JUST F BEING PASSED INSTEAD OF HELPED. ITS NOT RIGHT. ITS NOT FAIR AND ITS WRONG EVEYR ONE ELSE CAN GO GET HELP BUT I CAN'T. THE MENTAL HEALTH SYSTEM IS SO MESSED UP. I DESERVE HELP TOO.

(#25 (permalink)) Old
ladoglover Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Life - October 16th 2020, 08:13 PM

I WISH I COULD GET IN THE CHAT TO TALK ABOUT THIS BUT F YOU GUYS TOO NO ONE GIVES A SHIT ABOUT ME NO ONE WILL HELP ME SO IM DONE TRYING. I AM BETTER OFF LAONE. ALWAYS HAD TO DEAL WITH MY MENTAL HEALTH ON MY OWN SADLY.

(#26 (permalink)) Old
Stormy Rainbow Offline
Music Lover
Outside, huh?

Name: Frankie<3

Re: Life - October 16th 2020, 10:12 PM

You should really think about putting this all in a blog on teenhelp instead of in threads.

(#27 (permalink)) Old
Clarent Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: L.

Re: Life - October 16th 2020, 10:20 PM

You were already banned once for doing this very thing - throwing out an avalanche of messages, trying to force people to pay attention to you.

How do you think this attempt is going to end?

The risk I took was calculated, but boy, am I bad at math.

2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#28 (permalink)) Old
ladoglover Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Life - October 16th 2020, 11:06 PM

Well people were responding to this so that's why I didn't think to put it in a blog. I am not writing to get attention. I am writing because I am very upset I just want empathy, to be heard like any one would. I have been through a lot in my life. The disappointment after disappointment takes a toll on me. Its not easy being in my shoes. im sure people in my shoes would have k them self by now or cut really deep. Its not easy to be constantly denied help by therapist and having to constantly deal with mental health and stuff on your own.

I have a lot of stuff I need to talk to a therapist about but I don't get a chance to do that sadly. After what happened today I feel very depressed, hurt lost and really hopeless. Im not sure what to do any more.

(#29 (permalink)) Old
Stormy Rainbow Offline
Music Lover
Outside, huh?

Name: Frankie<3

Re: Life - October 16th 2020, 11:25 PM

You don’t give them a chance. If they don’t do something you don’t like you label them as a bad therapist and complain. When they ask to tell them about yourself it is nice not to do basic things so they can help you. That is t why you are in therapy to have friend. And people respond to blogs. I think you should move it to blogs

(#30 (permalink)) Old
ladoglover Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Life - October 17th 2020, 12:19 AM

Well technically I do give them a chance. Its not like I leave them over small things . I was still going to see her. That was just my impression of her and how i felt about the situation. I don't think she is a bad therapist. I just did not like how she conducted the first session. Your not always going to like something your therapist does and that's okay the same goes for a friend or bf and so on. That doesn't make them a bad person. We all have different personality, needs and wants. Any ways it is what it is since she said she couldn't see me .

I'm just working on trying to figure out what I'm going to do now. It really hurt. It will take time. Going to go try to relax after a very emotional crying day. Night

(#31 (permalink)) Old
Flight. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

Jeez, get a life!

Re: Life - October 18th 2020, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Well people were responding to this so that's why I didn't think to put it in a blog. I am not writing to get attention. I am writing because I am very upset I just want empathy, to be heard like any one would. I have been through a lot in my life. The disappointment after disappointment takes a toll on me. Its not easy being in my shoes. im sure people in my shoes would have k them self by now or cut really deep. Its not easy to be constantly denied help by therapist and having to constantly deal with mental health and stuff on your own.

I have a lot of stuff I need to talk to a therapist about but I don't get a chance to do that sadly. After what happened today I feel very depressed, hurt lost and really hopeless. Im not sure what to do any more.
Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear you are going through a rough time at the moment. Sometimes blogs are good to write everything that's on your mind at the time and members are able to comment on them as well.

(#32 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Life - October 18th 2020, 09:52 AM

Hey Lauri,

It's fine if you want to keep posting to this thread. Blogs are a good option as well but I think it's great you have somewhere to post your frustrations. It is unfortunate you are struggling so much with mental health professionals. I wish I had some suggestions. Remember that venting can be healthy but you have to continue to follow the Terms of Service. I know you feel like we are being nitpicky. I just don't want to see you lose a resource such as teenhelp as it can be a great resource.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#33 (permalink)) Old
Kirtas Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Life - October 22nd 2020, 11:40 PM

Somehow it's all very silly

(#34 (permalink)) Old
ladoglover Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Life - October 23rd 2020, 07:06 PM

Okay thanks everyone