TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General For questions or discussions that do not fit elsewhere, post here. Please check all forum descriptions before posting here to be sure there is not a better location for your thread.

(#1 (permalink)) Old
ladoglover Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Chat room in the forum - October 17th 2020, 01:48 AM

Hey, going to move my life post to blog probably or just delete it. I wanted to change the title of the life post but couldn't so thought I would start fresh here.

I see everyone on the chat it sucks I am being left out. It sucks I can't get on. What's every one chating about? I had a very depressing day. I cried a lot. I'm hurt. I wish I could get on chat to vent about it. Ugh. This sucks.

What's everyone chating about? Your probably happy I'm not on chat ]: I'm so bored right now.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
ladoglover Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Chat room in the forum - October 17th 2020, 10:25 AM

Hey guys. Any one on chat? I woke up and can't get back to sleep. Ugh I usualy sleep straight through. I have heard that waking up in the middle of the night and not being able to fall back asleep can be a symptom of depression. And why do we call it waking up in the middle of the night when its usaly like 1am and above that we wake up and can't get back to sleep. Maybe we should say waking up in the early morning then. Lol I don"t know. I think me waking up in the middle of the night is telling me that what happened yesterday really hurt me and effected me. Just got to keep pushing on.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
MsNobleEleanor Offline
Outreach and Communications Officer

I can't get enough

Re: Chat room in the forum - October 17th 2020, 11:44 AM

Hi ladoglover,

I'm sorry you had a rough night and weren't able to sleep well. Do you find yourself usually waking up in the middle of the night? If you are, have you considered talking to your doctor about prescribing some medication to help you stay asleep throughout the night? Right now, the world is going through a tough time, that also impacts us as well. Not to mention whatever else is already going on for us it can be much more challenging. It can result in poor sleep during the night.

If you don't have access to a doctor, there are other alternatives you could try and see if that helps you to sleep better at night. Trying them once, may not give you results right away, giving it a try for a few days and/or nights to see if it really helps can help to know if it actually is benefiting for you or not.

I have some reading for you, that our Article Team has written and put together. Give them a read and see if any of the suggestions would be something you would like to try. I am happy to have a discussion here about the Articles I have linked. I understand how sleep is important and it can affect how we feel, let's try and get you back on the right track again with your sleep.

Article suggestions:
How to sleep better
Mindfulness
What is guided imagery

I am available to have a discussion about the Articles I have linked if you would like to discuss them more or would like to make a sleep hygiene plan.

Stay strong and take care.

Have questions or would like to chat send me a PM
+
Resource Editor
Outreach Ambassador | Social Media Guru
Community Moderator | Forum Moderator

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Flight. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

Jeez, get a life!

Re: Chat room in the forum - October 18th 2020, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladoglover View Post
Hey, going to move my life post to blog probably or just delete it. I wanted to change the title of the life post but couldn't so thought I would start fresh here.

I see everyone on the chat it sucks I am being left out. It sucks I can't get on. What's every one chating about? I had a very depressing day. I cried a lot. I'm hurt. I wish I could get on chat to vent about it. Ugh. This sucks.

What's everyone chating about? Your probably happy I'm not on chat ]: I'm so bored right now.
Writing about how we feel into a blog can be really helpful.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
ladoglover Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Chat room in the forum - October 22nd 2020, 08:12 PM

Thanks MsNobleEleanor I am sleeping better now. I tend to wake up in the middle of the night if I have lots on my mindfulness is defiantly helpful thanks.

Okay thanks flight. im not sure right now. I am done venting for now . Not as upset right now.

Its so sad that you know who you two are. You two on the chat talking to each other not giving a shit how i am. It hurts a lot. No checking up on me nothing for a good week now. So hurtful but oh well just go to remember Ill probably never meet you guys in person and life will go n so it shouldn't matter if you care about me or not.

Its very very hurtful especialy the name that starts with R I bet your all happy your geting all the support in chat and talking to B . WELL ITS NOT FAIR AND ITS HURTFUL YOU DON'T EVEN THINK OF ME AND DO NOT EVEN CHECK UP ON ME. It s hurtful. it hurts you don't lean on me but you lean on B in chat. IT HURTS. NONE OF YOU CHECK UP ON ME.

ITS NOT FAIR I AM BEING LEFT OUT AND IT HURTS NO ONE IS GIVING A SHIT ABOUT MEE.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
ladoglover Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Chat room in the forum - October 22nd 2020, 09:55 PM

Wow now every one in the chat does not even want to talk to me. Compelty shun me . that just hurts because I DID NOT DO ANYTHING SO HORRIBLY BAD OR WRONG FOR ME TO BE SHUNED AND TREATED LIEK THIS HORRIBLE PERSON WHEN IM NOT AND WHEN I DIDN'T DO ANY THING SO HORRIBLY BAD.

really hurts people do not want to talk to me }: hurts . its isolating and hurtful not belonging not being included.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
ladoglover Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Chat room in the forum - October 22nd 2020, 10:31 PM

Im not sure what to do to make it better }: It just sucks not belonging. okay maybe you don't care about me but not belonging and not being included hurts a lot more.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Kirtas Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Chat room in the forum - October 22nd 2020, 11:26 PM

Some strange topic you have

(#9 (permalink)) Old
ladoglover Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Chat room in the forum - October 23rd 2020, 07:16 PM

Kira's. Its complicated. I got banned from the chat so I'm trying to communicate with them here. Okay I'm feeling better because my professor who is also my advisor said I'm doing really well. That made me feel good.

Have a great weekend everyone. Hope every one is okay.

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Flight. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

Jeez, get a life!

Re: Chat room in the forum - October 25th 2020, 03:40 AM

Quote:
Thanks MsNobleEleanor I am sleeping better now. I tend to wake up in the middle of the night if I have lots on my mindfulness is defiantly helpful thanks.

Okay thanks flight. im not sure right now. I am done venting for now . Not as upset right now.

Its so sad that you know who you two are. You two on the chat talking to each other not giving a shit how i am. It hurts a lot. No checking up on me nothing for a good week now. So hurtful but oh well just go to remember Ill probably never meet you guys in person and life will go n so it shouldn't matter if you care about me or not.

Its very very hurtful especialy the name that starts with R I bet your all happy your geting all the support in chat and talking to B . WELL ITS NOT FAIR AND ITS HURTFUL YOU DON'T EVEN THINK OF ME AND DO NOT EVEN CHECK UP ON ME. It s hurtful. it hurts you don't lean on me but you lean on B in chat. IT HURTS. NONE OF YOU CHECK UP ON ME.

ITS NOT FAIR I AM BEING LEFT OUT AND IT HURTS NO ONE IS GIVING A SHIT ABOUT MEE.
Sorry to hear what you are going through, but I usually don't use chat that often.

(#11 (permalink)) Old
ladoglover Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Chat room in the forum - Yesterday, 03:13 AM

I feel abandoned and isolated from everyone. Whats every one doing in chat? Whats everyone doing in chat??? How is everyone??? Whats up??? Any one care about others?? Whats going on??? I bet your talking in chat , your not too busy for that. Hi. WHats everyone doing in chat??? Hello????

(#12 (permalink)) Old
ladoglover Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Chat room in the forum - Yesterday, 03:59 AM

Any one ever find a post on here that you forgot you made and forgot you talked about that particular thing. Yeah that just happened to me. So what's everyone doing in chat ? It has gotten very cold here and I hate being cold.I think we will still be dealing with covid in 2021 sadly. University's all over have already canceled spring break 2021 because of covid. sigh. So over this but it is what it is. One day it will be all over maybe just another year of this hoping its just another year and not more.

How have I been? Well thanks for asking. Well im okay. Just doing school work and playing the sims. Realizing you guys will never be there for me in real life therefore I should not get upset when you do not care about me. I know ill be forgotten and life will go on. Its fun to chat in the moment but long term you guys probably won't be around .

(#13 (permalink)) Old
ladoglover Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Chat room in the forum - Yesterday, 04:03 AM

what's everyone chatting about?

(#14 (permalink)) Old
ladoglover Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Chat room in the forum - Yesterday, 05:29 PM

So I always apply for chat mod but they always deny me. So was thinking maybe I should tryer smaller. A smaller position and then work my way up to chat mod . I clicked and it won't let me volunteer for any of them , ugh. Maybe if im good for at least 3 months they will let me since lol teenhelp acts like im this horrible person when im not. Any ways got to write this paper for school, ugh.

(#15 (permalink)) Old
Rivière Offline
Par la rivière
I can't get enough

Name: Sarah

Re: Chat room in the forum - Today, 12:01 AM

Quote:
So I always apply for chat mod but they always deny me. So was thinking maybe I should tryer smaller. A smaller position and then work my way up to chat mod . I clicked and it won't let me volunteer for any of them , ugh. Maybe if im good for at least 3 months they will let me since lol teenhelp acts like im this horrible person when im not. Any ways got to write this paper for school, ugh.
If you're being denied for a staff position, think about why this may be. A good way to do this, is to ask the staff responsible for handling staff management, or possibly message one of the Project Coordinators directly. Ensure you are respectful when messaging them, and consider asking them for ways you can improve so that you don't get denied in a future application.

Before you even consider actually even applying for any staff position, not just chat moderator, consider working on your behaviour. You have made post after post after post about how people don't care about you, how people shun you, and how people are treating you like a horrible person. This is a good time for some self-reflection. Ask yourself why people in chat aren't responding to your forum posts. Put yourself in their shoes. Think about how you may have made them feel. While it's ok to ask for empathy, like you've done in a previous post, you must also consider expressing it too. It's all very well and good apologising to people, but people have emotions as equally as much as you. An apology takes time to process depending on the amount of emotional damage you have done to them. You cannot expect somebody to instantly forgive you, or wait a few weeks and expect things to be ok. Human emotion doesn't work like that.

If you want to know what people in the chat room are talking about, stop posting about it on here. It's very unlikely that anyone is going to post on here what they discussed in the chatroom, especially if it's private. Their life does not revolve around you. People should not have to declare what topics they are discussing.

Also, trying to be 'good' for 3 months in order to try and apply for chat moderator isn't going to work. Being a member of the moderation team requires one to use their initiative, be mature, respectful of others, be fair, and mediate should an issue between members arise. Being good for 3 months is ok if you're serious about it, but ask yourself, what if you do get accepted? Are you going to be able to follow the moderation rules? Are you going to be able to treat members fairly even if they may not be very nice to you?

TeenHelp does not act like you are a horrible person. Only for the fact you have made 4 threads in just over 2 weeks, with post after post about the chatroom, have I actually seen you around. There will have been a few hundred members who will have joined this time since your join date, and thousands more before then. Not every single person is going to see you as horrible, so please don't generalise all members like that.

Life is for living, not for losing.