TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   General (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f3-general/)
-   -   What do you do in your free time? (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f3-general/t161340-what-do-you-do-your-free-time/)

Rivière February 27th 2021 08:29 PM

What do you do in your free time?

Since the UK is still in lockdown and I'm stuck on furlough, besides my role as a personal trainer, I spend some of my free time talking with others. The pandemic has hit people really hard, and in the UK, unfortunately male suicide has risen. As a personal trainer with 18 years mixed mental health experience, I apply what I know into reaching out to others through social media. Most people, especially men, don't reach out for help and suffer in silence. Sometimes they will be brave and post the occasional, 'I want to talk but I feel afraid to reach out' kind of post, but most don't. I also reach out to female abuse victims. Given my own history, I use my own knowledge and experiences and apply it to try and help out.

Other than that, and being here at TeenHelp, I spend my free time studying for my new behaviour therapy course, exercising, going for walks with my mum, and recently started gaming again.

How about you?

Dawn. February 28th 2021 08:39 AM

Re: What do you do in your free time?

I play video games, read, take photos, go to the gym, listen to music and write.

SumPuck February 28th 2021 12:43 PM

In my free time, I play video games, read books, or cook for the whole family.

hocus pocus February 28th 2021 05:13 PM

I come on here, write about my feelings, and do self-care things. Sometimes when I have free time I like to go on a drive (even if I don't go anywhere), take a walk/hike, read. At night I have a little free time so I will have a movie or the TV on while I take my meds. I unwind that way I guess.

MsNobleEleanor February 28th 2021 10:07 PM

In my free time I relax and do nothing. I listen to music, watch tv shows or a movie, go for a walk, clean and organize. Sometimes I catch up on sleep, mostly on the weekends.

Everglow. March 1st 2021 12:23 PM

I've been working throughout this 3rd UK national lockdown which eats up a lot of spare time, but when I'm not working I'm usually talking to my mum, who's working from home right now, or playing games or reading. Sometimes I watch TV too but I'm finding things increasingly harder to concentrate on, so it's usually some easy-viewing binge watch.

Ennui. March 4th 2021 07:08 PM

Nap. I like doing Zumba but haven’t been able to lately. Or I snuggle my guinea pigs!

Celyn March 4th 2021 08:03 PM

I've been getting into a daily routine recently whereby I go on my exercise bike, do some online learning (currently pet psychology :p ), come on here (and do volunteering elsewhere too), play the sims, talk to my friends online and watch films with family. I should start going for a walk too but there's nowhere to go really.

Sprite-1 March 6th 2021 11:01 PM

In the orphanage I played piano and borrowed a guitar. I love all music. It was music and my faith that got me through the lockdown.

Now my free time is spent with my older sisters. Wendi plays violin, Julie plays drums, or just drumsticks on the back of a chair and me, I play guitar and I sing. We probably sound like alley cats yowling, but it's fun! :nosweat:

Other times we go boat fishing. We have a motor catamaran. It's fun and especially good because we're away from people on the sea.

SumPuck March 16th 2021 06:44 PM

I recently bought a bicycle and in my free time I now go to the forest for nature, life is beautiful.

DeletedAccount59 April 2nd 2021 02:14 PM

When I am able to focus and not let my ADHD/ADD get the best of me — and the OCD is toned down — I like to focus on various projects. A lot of them involve being on the computer, and I'm on the computer enough as it is already, so it's been really hard to find the drive to sit down and actually do something I enjoy.

merlinbennie August 27th 2021 08:49 AM

In my free time, I will do painting, Mehandi, cleaning my bedroom,etc...

javier221 October 1st 2021 12:14 PM

Hi There i am New in this forum!!
You are doing such a great task. It is imminent to help those suffering in the severe times of pandemic.
I, myself, had been highly motivated throughout the lockdown. For the maximum time of the day, I read novels. I recently read Ikigai written by Hector Garcia and Francesc Miralles. The book goes on about finding your life’s purpose so I started finding mine. What little time I could find, I would write from my heart. The other times, I tried motivating my friends to do something meaningful. I helped a friend pursue their passion of Arts. I have also dedicated my time to cleaning and baking. I started off with baking cookies and now I can bake an entire cake!

Tennant November 8th 2021 12:23 AM

In my spare time, I play games and practice my daughter.

I4uU4me March 21st 2022 04:52 AM

I ride on my skateboard, play video games, read books and go hiking

Turbo Rocket April 12th 2022 04:19 PM

Watching movies or reading books.

Astro04 April 14th 2022 12:03 PM

When I can, I want to draw. There's no other things to do.