TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   General (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f3-general/)
-   -   Challenges in life (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f3-general/t161527-challenges-life/)

Allyson Wood April 8th 2021 08:47 AM

Challenges in life

In life, we face a lot of challenges. As a millennial, I already conquered a lot of challenges and changes happening around me. But this 21st century is different what we are facing today are extraordinary it affects our physical, mental, and spiritual aspect as human. Based on your experience, what is the most challenging part in your life that you are struggling with?

Rivière April 8th 2021 11:42 AM

Re: Challenges in life

Great question!

I think the most challenging parts of my life have come and gone. However, I would definitely say that right now certainly is challenging.

The UK lockdown is still going. Welsh gyms don't reopen until 10th May. Due to the sudden lockdown during Christmas, I didn't get to finish all my business resources I needed and have ended up finding it difficult to help continue with some clients. It's also hard for me to help my clients because some are actually quite unresponsive (especially those whom are significantly older).

I've been struggling to motivate myself when having to work from home because this lockdown is pretty much longer than the first one. I can safely say I've put more effort into exercise in order to keep going. I don't want to lose my progress and have even gained some. However it has meant that I've lacked in other areas.

Since I'm stuck at home it means being at the computer a lot due to the nature of my work. And when I finally have time to get outside the weather's pretty crap and physically I don't do well with the cold.

I constantly feel frustrated because my business can't progress due to the lockdown. I can't progress due to my lack of resources. I can't do certain work from home due to my home situation. I honestly feel quite stuck.

Out of each lockdown, this one has been the biggest mental challenge of them all.

Everglow. April 8th 2021 06:37 PM

This is an interesting post. I think you're completely right in that challenges and changes are a part of life. Everyone can think of and appreciate something in their life that has been particularly hard to deal with, and this year has definitely been moved to top of the list. I think everyone is on the same page there.

For me, I definitely struggle with coping with change. I've always had a hard time adjusting to significant changes in my life, whether it's a sudden and very significant change to my routine (i.e. a huge global lockdown :bleh: ), or a change in the people I'm around every day, or something even bigger like a death in the family or of a friend. My brain really struggles to adapt to it and I'm a huge dweller, so it plays on my mind for..well forever really. So change and uncertainty are probably my biggest challenges.

Dawn. April 9th 2021 10:00 AM

I think for me is my motivation and getting things done. I used to be really good at it but now I lack it especially when it comes to studying.

Celyn April 9th 2021 12:40 PM

I would say that my personal biggest challenge in my life is doubting myself. It sounds quite 'simple' but actually it's affected me in big ways.

Because of my self-doubt, I have missed out on opportunities which were few and far between to begin with. I've wasted time too by not being able to make decisions due to self-doubt. I've also unintentionally caused problems for others by doubting myself whereas maybe things could've turned out differently for them, if I had been able to take charge of a situation and make decisions rather than doubt and worry.

Doubting myself has also made it hard to open up about things as well as I tend to doubt that others will understand me let alone be able to help. On the flip side, doubting myself has lead me to place what other people say far above my own thoughts and has lead to me nearly taking their advice (it was good advice in their mind, but it was actually quite poor advice and I'm glad that I only partly, not fully, took their advice).

Since I've wasted time doubting myself, now that I have actually started to make decisions about my life and what I want to do....we are in and out of lockdowns due to the pandemic, making it difficult to actually do much. Which is frustrating.

But even then, when I think I've made a decision, I still end up questioning whether it's the right one or whether things are going to get worse, what if I don't like the result of the decision that I make etc.

Allyson Wood April 13th 2021 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Celyn (Post 1365634)
I would say that my personal biggest challenge in my life is doubting myself. It sounds quite 'simple' but actually it's affected me in big ways.

Because of my self-doubt, I have missed out on opportunities which were few and far between to begin with. I've wasted time too by not being able to make decisions due to self-doubt. I've also unintentionally caused problems for others by doubting myself whereas maybe things could've turned out differently for them, if I had been able to take charge of a situation and make decisions rather than doubt and worry.

Doubting myself has also made it hard to open up about things as well as I tend to doubt that others will understand me let alone be able to help. On the flip side, doubting myself has lead me to place what other people say far above my own thoughts and has lead to me nearly taking their advice (it was good advice in their mind, but it was actually quite poor advice and I'm glad that I only partly, not fully, took their advice).

Since I've wasted time doubting myself, now that I have actually started to make decisions about my life and what I want to do....we are in and out of lockdowns due to the pandemic, making it difficult to actually do much. Which is frustrating.

But even then, when I think I've made a decision, I still end up questioning whether it's the right one or whether things are going to get worse, what if I don't like the result of the decision that I make etc.

Exactly. Decisions are the hardest thing to make because sometimes it's the smallest decisions that can change your life forever. But, I believe that we are solely responsible for our choices, and we have to accept the consequences of every decision we are made to. Don’t be afraid to fail because failure is not the opposite of success it's part of success.

Silvan April 13th 2021 04:00 PM

I identify with what Holly has written. I avoid making decisions that have a real impact on my life, because I always fear I will make the wrong one. And after that happens - it has happened a few times - I dwell on what I should have done differently.

Besides that, I think the biggest challenge for me has been dealing with mood swings that sabotage my daily life. It may be a day, a week or a month when I feel down for no reason. It's a feeling that makes me lay in bed the whole time, feeling useless, helpless. A feeling that makes me waste my youth. So I would say battling it is a great challenge.

Allyson Wood April 21st 2021 05:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Everglow. (Post 1365592)
This is an interesting post. I think you're completely right in that challenges and changes are a part of life. Everyone can think of and appreciate something in their life that has been particularly hard to deal with, and this year has definitely been moved to top of the list. I think everyone is on the same page there.

For me, I definitely struggle with coping with change. I've always had a hard time adjusting to significant changes in my life, whether it's a sudden and very significant change to my routine (i.e. a huge global lockdown :bleh: ), or a change in the people I'm around every day, or something even bigger like a death in the family or of a friend. My brain really struggles to adapt to it and I'm a huge dweller, so it plays on my mind for..well forever really. So change and uncertainty are probably my biggest challenges.

I think that the "change" is really the hardest challenge you'll face in your life so I really understand your point up there. By the way, Thanks for appreciating my post, Everglow.