TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   General (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f3-general/)
-   -   Favorite comfort items? (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f3-general/t161892-favorite-comfort-items/)

Ennui. July 19th 2021 08:54 PM

Favorite comfort items?

Does anyone have any items that are comforting to you?

I have a blanket I have to sleep with every night and it has to touch my face.

Rivière July 21st 2021 12:21 AM

Re: Favorite comfort items?

I used to when I was growing up though. I had a turquoise bear I named Spike (from Buffy, which at that time seemed like a great name) and a stuffed panda. I always went to bed with them. These days I don't have any sort of comfort item.

Dawn. July 21st 2021 05:36 AM

I don't have a comfort item either but I used to go to bed with a teddy bear every night that I couldn't sleep without it.

Whicas July 26th 2021 06:41 AM

On my days off

Everglow. July 28th 2021 05:44 PM

I have a blue fluffy blanket which a relative got me many years back which I will probably never throw away. That's probably the only one I have now, but when I was much much younger (about 4 or 5) I had a Mr Blobby stuffed toy which I took everywhere, and then as I got a bit older I had a stuffed duckbill platypus which I named Henry which was sent over from Australia where family live. He was missing a foot and falling apart in the end but I loved that toy!

javier221 October 5th 2021 06:12 AM

I've never really had a comfort item but I've spent some time hugging my sister's stuffed toy to see and I feel like it used to help a lot. Now that I don't have it these days I feel alone.
What I think is, life is a challenge it is a test. But sometimes it can get really tough, hence it's necessary to maintain a good night's sleep.
I like the quote, "life is for living, not losing" but I wish that humans changed their definition of loss. Not having enough material is not a loss. Not having the feelings of empathy and a heart lacking understanding is what loss is. We all can do better than what we're doing only if we recognise and realise what we're losing and what we're winning at. Having thousand toys isn't going to give you the comfort that your one childhood toy is going to give you.

Astro04 October 5th 2021 07:43 AM

I like have multiple pillows when I'm sleeping. They're so soft and I always hug them!

Soda_Voxel October 17th 2021 08:35 PM

I have multiple teddy bears/plushies I have to sleep with. Nowadays it's mostly because I'm physically uncomfortable without them, but there's still some strong attachment to them even like I did as a kid, and if I lost them, I'd be broken.

cindy is here October 18th 2021 12:30 AM

I have a body pillow that is alittle fuzzy that I like alot.

WhisperingSilence October 19th 2021 10:14 PM

I have quite a few soft teddies that I take to bed with me every night one being a tigger and a soft teddy cat that I've had since I was a child, and the other teddies are just because they are soft and nice to feel, and then there's my yellow blanket which is more of like a rag now but I've had it since I was a baby and cannot sleep without it I also have a blue blanket that one of my aunts bought me years ago which I take to bed with me too as I like the feel of it, I can't sleep without any of the items, my yellow blanket is my main comfort item though if I am feeling shitty as such I will sit with it and stroking the soft silk like part of it against the corner of my right eye and on my nose when I was taken to hospital roughly a year and abit ago by ambulance due to dissociation episode I took my yellow blanket with me and sat in the back of the ambulance clutching it because it was the only item that in the moment felt safe I clutched it the whole time I was in the hospital emergency department and assessment unit it was something safe in a time when I was scared, if I could I would take it to class and college etc with me but its not something that society would accept given my age.
When it comes to classes and college I have fidget/sensory toys with me like fidget spinners etc, I also always have a fidget or sensory toy with me just in case.

I4uU4me March 21st 2022 04:55 AM

My cats :)) they are like fluffy cute pillows or soft toys :)

Silvan March 22nd 2022 01:14 PM

I have many plush toys I sleep with.

Arabesque- golfing girl. March 22nd 2022 06:26 PM

My cat and my soft pink blanket.

DeletedAccount81 March 22nd 2022 08:32 PM

A cozy blanket.