TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   General (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f3-general/)
-   -   Adverts? (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f3-general/t164430-adverts/)

WhisperingSilence October 31st 2023 10:54 PM

Adverts?

Okay weird one kinda. I know years ago TH had adverts on this site, but I hadn’t seen any for ages the. The other week I started seeing adverts again - I’m not using an ad blocker as there was no need to… just wondering why now I am seeing adverts pop up at the top of the page?just above the TH bar where it says forums etc?

Ennui. October 31st 2023 11:17 PM

Re: Adverts?

I’ve been getting them too on my phone. My internet browser comes with Adblock but my phone doesn’t. I’m glad to know it’s not just me!

WhisperingSilence November 1st 2023 12:27 AM

Yeah I don’t use Adblock on my phone or browser for TH! It’s literally been like the past two weeks I’ve been getting them , it’s annoying coz they cover the tab bar for the control panel at the top of TH! I don’t mind ads as I know they help the site with money etc but these adverts kinda cover content :/

Silvan November 2nd 2023 02:47 PM

Yeah I've noticed them too, I was wondering if they'd always been there or not xD

Rika November 2nd 2023 10:48 PM

I honestly thought TH had them years ago too. The times are different now, so idk. I think having ads that are aimed at teens and young adults would be best for the site and community. Sponsorship type stuff with ads, perhaps??

Butterscotch. November 2nd 2023 11:19 PM

I have AdBlock Plus and Privacy Badger to stop advertisements from appearing and to block trackers, respectively. They've done the job 95% of the time; but unfortunately there are platforms out there that don't care for it and will show advertisements based on your browsing history. I feel like it's a violation of something (not sure what :nosweat: ) but there's very little that can be done to counteract that.

Hopefully Rob will be able to manipulate Google Adsense so it'll only show adverts appropriate for TeenHelp.

Rika November 3rd 2023 02:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butterscotch. (Post 1389867)
I have AdBlock Plus and Privacy Badger to stop advertisements from appearing and to block trackers, respectively. They've done the job 95% of the time; but unfortunately there are platforms out there that don't care for it and will show advertisements based on your browsing history. I feel like it's a violation of something (not sure what :nosweat: ) but there's very little that can be done to counteract that.

Hopefully Rob will be able to manipulate Google Adsense so it'll only show adverts appropriate for TeenHelp.

I hope so too. I use uBlock Origin.

Celyn November 3rd 2023 10:28 PM

I've noticed more adverts on TeenHelp on both my phone and laptop. It's not too bad on my laptop but it does bother me on my phone. Wonder what's behind it?

WhisperingSilence November 3rd 2023 11:59 PM

Robs adjusted the settings now so the ads should be less intrusive.

Rob November 4th 2023 07:43 AM

Adverts are an important way for us to raise a bit of funds to support the running of the site. Many of our adverts are generated automatically as advertisers choose which sites they advertise on and these are based on page content. If you notice any inappropriate ads please send me the brand name or link and I can stop them from showing.

Butterscotch. November 4th 2023 04:58 PM

I would feel so overwhelmed trying to manipulate every since ad provider so it shows content appropriate for TeenHelp! But I know you'll get it done and if I see any more inappropriate adverts for TeenHelp, I'll screencap them and send it your (or Robin's way) with the link.

Dawn. November 12th 2023 07:27 AM

I was getting adverts too.