TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   General (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f3-general/)
-   -   Christmas Tradition (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f3-general/t164589-christmas-tradition/)

Arabesque- golfing girl. December 15th 2023 11:37 PM

Christmas Tradition

Do you have a Christmas tradition that you do every year? Do you ever want to start a new one?

We drive around every year on Christmas Eve looking at Christmas lights, go home make hot chocolate, popcorn and watch a Christmas movie. I would love to have a Christmas Pinata every year, that would also be fun.

Kate* December 16th 2023 05:28 AM

Re: Christmas Tradition

Our only major tradition of my mom's entire family having dinner and doing presents, ended when my grandma died, I say every year I want an advent calendar, because I've never done one; and that I want to go to Midnight mass because I've never been (but usually end up watching at least part of one on TV.)

Dawn. December 16th 2023 08:19 AM

It's not a tradition but we usually have Christmas lunch together.

London_grace December 16th 2023 11:49 AM

We all go horseback riding. :)

Ennui. December 16th 2023 01:05 PM

We just eat food haha.

Butterscotch. December 21st 2023 12:54 PM

Like Dez, we just eat food all day. :nosweat:

Silvan December 22nd 2023 12:26 PM

We always make dumplings with cabbage and mushrooms (they're traditional and a must have on every Christmas table). It's always a mess but a lot of fun for the whole family, especially kids :)

Butterscotch. December 22nd 2023 04:34 PM

We're getting catering and Chinese food. We don't really do anything extravagant. We'll open present, eat, chat, watch a movie, and just generally hang out together.

Wͦaͦtͦeͦrͦ Sͦpͦrͦiͦtͦeͦ December 23rd 2023 12:18 AM

Every Christmas Eve nanny reads us the night before Christmas, and starting 2 years ago I read my Olaf night before Christmas book. We also open one gift on Christmas Eve. It’s not a tradition but every year we wake up anywhere from 3-5am and usually open presents at 5am because of how excited we are.

Everglow. December 25th 2023 09:03 PM

On Christmas eve we go and look at lights. In the last few years it's become tradition to visit a friend and have a drink with them too.
On Christmas day it's always presents and then we go to the cemetery to lay flowers for family who are no longer with us.
Then a big Christmas dinner.
On Boxing day I see my friends, exchange gifts, and have dinner together. :)

Arabesque- golfing girl. December 26th 2023 11:19 AM

This all sounds lovely.